Friday 5 June 2020

Gerald's Blog - Thursday 4th June 2020




Thursday 4th June 2020
Somali: Khamiista 4-ta Juun 2020

Oh, and she's a Magistrate
 

03:25 hrs: I woke with no requirements for any wee-wees or the Porcelain Throne. Various limbs aching the moment I tried to move them. I nipped rather smartish (for me), to the kitchen. I did have the Lady Shuddering-Shoulder-Shirley having an early morning go at me. Bless her! Which ensured me, a scolded finger, spilt milk, and a rollicking right elbow rattled against the cupboard door! Then had a go at the medicationalising duties. Which was a bit of a shock in the sphygmomanometerisationing department!

The SYS, seems to be getting ever higher? Yesterday's (54) was bad enough, but this morning's 172, it's a tad worrying. I reckon all the bother, frustration and worry with and over WordPress cock-up, and forced-decision it was no longer a viable option for me, is a contributory factor. Maybe, perhaps, possibly?

Then, at long last, a need for the Porcelain Throne arrived, and I hastened to the wet room, and got on the plastic seat, just in time! Phew! It was a slow, steady movement, controlled entirely by the innards, increasing in the severity of pain until the end. Bloody, and beef chunk-like in appearance, and almost green! I couldn't work out why this should be. Last nights nosh had nothing in it that could have contributed to the... ah, I did have some of the Egyptian grapes?  The meatball-sized evacuation did look a bit greeny-brown in colour? Hehehe! I made the brew, and got on the computer. Almost immediately, the 'Hum' which was load again, was joined by a throbbing noise from above. Sounding as if it came from inside the building. I earlier read, on Winwood Heights Facebook page, of other tenants hearing noises, and the Generalfeldmarschalless Housing Patch Manager and desktop-dancer, Angela Gould, was investigating. It must be getting louder, cause I've never heard it before. Either that or the new olive oil I put in the ears is good stuff. Hahaha! I took out the hearing aids, and could just about still hear it?
I hope for a eucatastrophic ending to the engineer's investigations. But, now, I've heard it, it will be annoying me.
I got on the blogger, to start this post off. With all the kerfuffle of leaving WordPress, and getting this limited-option Blogger as useful as I can manage to use, I can't remember if I'd posted this photo or not. I came across a 1926 photo of Parliament Sreet, Clumber Street junction. And on my Great Escape trip to Nottingham on Tuesday, I took a shot of roughly the same view as it is now. I thought you might like to enjoy the difference.

In the 1926 photograph, nostalgia was inspired. I remember my father calling in to use this establishment, (so he told me) on his way home from work. I only went in once, in about 1968, but the warm, cloudy almost rancid tasting beer put me off returning as I recall. The Old Corner Pin public House traded until 1989. It was initially called the Horse and Groom. Home Brewery took it over in 1910 and changed the name. Mind you; it had a reputation as a contact point for Ladies of the night.

Went on WordPress Blogger, even if I couldn't blog anything! Buggleworthlessness! Comments and Reader sections visited. I blogged as far as her; then I went onto Facebooking, TFZer and Winwood Homes. 
 

Ablutioning time. Well, things went fair enough. The teggies-brushing was bloodless and dropless! Oh, yes! The shaving dropsies; Shaving foam can, razors (4), and the mouthwash bottle (plastic, and no bursting open!) The showering and things got a bit silly; Brush, shower gel (2), flannel, and the carbolic soap.

So, not too bad so far... then after drying off the medicationing was tended to, and the jocoseness began: I didn't need to but thought it might be a good idea, to put a smidgeon of the Daktacort cream on Little Inhcies fungal lesion. A Bit of a Fauxpas there! I dabbed in on a little too energetically, and the blood flowed... over the floor cabinet, the toilet, sink and me! Cragnacklles! This used up some more of the precious time I have left. Hahaha!

Arthur Itis's knees were Phorpain gelled. Harold Haemorrhoids rear-end botherations were Germolided. The towel put on the airer, and off to make a brew of Thompsons Punjana tea.

I got on Computer Cameron, then remembered I wanted to call for help from ILC, Warden, and Ballerina, Scharfuhreress Deana. So did it while it was in my head.

I asked her to call the Podiatrist to see if they were open yet and could book me an appointment to have the feet tended to and toenails cut. God willing, with luck, all being well, touch wood, fingers crossed, maybe they are open again? Deana said she'll ring them for me and get back to me.

Then I asked for a new strap for the wristlet alarm. As this one, at six years old, and getting the habit of springing out of its retainer. Deana said she's got one in stock and would be up later. Bless her cotton socks!


Then got updating this block. Next, onto CorelDraw, to do some thought and TFZer graphicalisations. Before I could make a start, the chimes rang out there, ♫ I only want to be with you! ♫, ringtone. It was the gorgeous Obergruppenfúrheress Deana arrived at the door. She threaded the wristband on the alarm for me. She gave me the deeply-discouraging, disenchanting, disheartening, dour, disillusioning, demoralising, dispiriting, distressing, dismal, disastrous, dire, soul-destroying and depressing news that the Sherwood Health Centre Podiatrist is not open yet! Execrable, fractious-making update!

Back to try CorelDrawing again! Did few graphics, and Dizzy Dennis arrived for a visit.

Made a belated Iceland priority order. Then got the oven heating ready for the battered fish din-dins I had just planned.

Updated this blog up to here. And had a sit doing nowt for a while, until Dizzy Dennis eased off. Then went to sort the meal progress.
Although I was in a genuinely depressing state, thanks to the WordPress new editor mess, and the disappointment of not being able to get the painfully agonistic plates and tootsies treated, I made the biggest plateful of fodder ever - and ate it all! Gannet! Fish balls (Don't laugh, Hehehe!), Whiting in batter, gherkins, silverskin onions, mock crab-sticks, seedless grapes, garden peas and cooked beetroot slices! 7.5/10 for its flavour rating.

I got the pots washed-up. And plopped my hog-belly-like, adipocerously, flobby-bellied body down in the £300, second-hand, c1968. Not working thanks to my Zyrophobia suffering, supercilious, Brother-in-law Pete, who broke it when flat-searching, finding and taking my valuables, while I was the hospital after the stroke. I had a confabulating few minutes talking to myself; well, feeling sorry for myself, I suppose.

Sleep was denied me once again, and I can safely say that I was not in an exactly Panglossian mood. The wind was coming in from the not properly closed balcony door, and I merely grabbed the thin quilt and wrapped it around my battered, arthritic, bloodless, misshaped, long toenailed, painful lower limbs. Well, idleness and certain inertia had joined in with my other ailments.

I was getting desperate, all the hassle, which I half expected after the wonderful, enjoyable escape and hobble photographing around town. I knew I'd have to pay for those brief couple of hours of near enjoyment! Unglefrogwogglesworthing!

Despairing of ever getting to sleep, I turned on the TV. Which was a pick-me-up on this occasion!

A documentary about David Jason's career was showing. I was really enjoying watching it, in my eyeholes, laughter hadn't flowed like this for ages! It was bringing back old happy memories, too!

Then the advertisements came on... I fell asleep!

Cragknackles


I had terrible trouble with the Blogger fonts changing size on there own!





No comments:

Post a Comment