Saturday 5 June 2021

Fri 4th June 2021: Inchies Graphics & Photographicalisations... & the odd Ode

 


TFZers

First Thing Activities...

I regained semi-consciousness, and the grey cells activated, in a fashion, and chugged along reluctantly and intermittently with me. Checked the condition of the legs and feet...

Paler than usual, but far fewer blotches, bruises and outstanding DVT veins!

Wee-weed, Did the handwashing.

Wet Room Double-mission!

First, a session on the Porcelain Throne, then the ablutions had to be sorted.
Oh, what a chaotic evacuation again!

I took a good while before anything moved as well - but when it did, Phwoar! A mega-gooey, sticky, light brown gigantic torpedo was released. Taking three flushes to clear it and ages to get it and myself cleaned up!

Then I started the ablutionalisationing

The teeth cleaning went just fine. As I ran out of the spray I use, the nasal clearing was difficult, but it got cleared. No eye drops left, of course, Humph!

The shaving produced a few Accifaupas and Whoopsiedangleplops - a few shallow minor nicks and cuts. The dropsies were plentiful and the odd banging into things retrieving the dropped items (Mouthwash bottle, shaving foam, razors repeatedly). And, the cap for the aftershave may never be seen again as Neuropathy Pete was in fine fettle playing me up something awful! He was not just failing to grip; at times, he was over-gripping; thus, the bottle caps were shooting all over the place!

The pale legs and feet were still looking much improved and less blotchy... almost normal! Smug-Mode Engaged!

Made a brew, and I got on with updating Thursday's Inchie Today. Got it finished and posted off to Blogger. Did some Facebooking

Went to make a brew... 

And just had to photograph the morning's view.


Along Chestnut Walk, too.

Added more shots from the kitchen window.

The sunshine trying to come through from behind the flats gave these two above a different aspect. Is that the right word?

The Morning Carer Arrived

He was in a better mood today and almost took part in a chinwag with me. He only gave me one Warfarin, not two, and added one when I pointed this out to him.

The last time he called, he didn't give me any, so he's improving. Hehehe!

Started this Template

Not for long, mind, the Iceland delivery arrived.


The vascular dementia was nastily brought to the forefront of my mind. When I saw how many carriers had been delivered.

There seemed a terribly large amount of carrier bags delivered this morning?

And yet, the fridge and freezer had free space in it after I'd unloaded everything?

On with Updating this blog

Which was not easy, with Peri[pheral Pete and Nicodemus's Neurotransmitters both making life difficult in the sensory-touch department.

I Got Busy!

Making up some waste, recycling, and Glass bags sorted out and onto the three-wheeler. Took the general bags to the waste chute and deposited them down the tube. 

Then back to the flat to collect the glass bags and tool them down to the green bin with the recycling carriers. It's hard work, you know? Getting things, anything, done nowadays. Haha! But it had to get sorted before the Chiropodist appointment at 14:30hrs. I paid the price, with Cathy Cartilage and Duodenal Donald both kicking off. Humph!

Forgot to take the camera with me!

Whoopsiedangleplop! 

Botherations!

I called in to see Deana, who was very busy, so I might get to talk to her when I go to get my feet tended to. If I can remember what it was, I was going to ask her in the first place!

I got back to the flat, and Woe of Woes! I'd left the potatoes on too high a heat setting. I cursed myself, cleaned the mess up, burnt my finger, swore at myself, and made a brew of Glengettie. 'Probably the best tea in the world'!

Not encouraging Headlines!


At Long Last... I had a shower!

Two days of stand-up bathing was not enjoyed very much. I spent far too long in the shower, used too much lemon gel, and overdid the 'Brut' spraying all over my colossally ginormous, fluctuant-wobbly-bellied body. This is no bother nor danger for me, as the cap on the 'Brut' spray fits snuggly over Little Inchy to prevent any stinging from the deodorant.

This is embarrassingly true, but not my fault!

Made yet another brew of tea and updated this blog until it was time to set off for the Chiropodists appointment. I took the camera with me this time - I'll most likely forget I've got it in my pocket, though!

Off to Winwood Court.

Opera Singer and Warden, ILC Deana was busy on the phone, so I didn't bother her; I did greet ILC & Desk-Top Dancer Julie as she passed me by and got seated in the lobby, reading Antony Beever's Stalingrad book. This gave me a rare fifteen minutes of rereading this story of the horrors of war.

I moved into the hairdressing salon, and things got a little hazy as to what was taking place. I've not had an 'Out-of-it' phase for a long time, weeks. It was uncomfortable and disconcerting, to say the least; I had to put up with a troublous mind - I was uncertain of what was happening. Really Scary!

Things seemed to come together more on my way out of the foyer, but it left me with many blank memory spots.

In the morning, I found in my pocket; a contact leaflet for cleaners. A foot appointment card for 23rd July, a Silverline Help card? I'm not sure if I've made any arrangements with anyone involved? Have to check on Monday.

Back to Woodthorpe Court

Jenny ♥ and Frank were Seated in the foyer. So lovely to see and have a natter with someone friendly properly. I'm afraid the head had not cleared fully, and many blank spots over the chinwag remain, even now, in the morning.


Jenny handed me a new timetable for the bus service that starts on Monday. I do hope I can make the time to use it. It will be nice going to Bulwell again after so long. Said my farewells, and up to the flat, a smidgeon confused, still.

In the Flat

Tired, as as I said, a little Out-of-it, I got the nosh sorted, not that it needed much doing; the spuds were in the saucepan, and the beef chunks in the crockpot, both ready for me to serve up and enjoyed.

Whoopsiedangeplops!

I made a right mess when getting the fodder in the bowl for eating. The washing of the pots just had to be done there and then. For some reason or other, and they were.

What a state the place was in by the time I'd washed up the saucepan, crockpot bowl and lids, wooden spoons and strainers... The floor had to be cleaned where I'd dropsied and spilt stuff, and the nosh was not very hot by the time I got settled to eat it!

But it was indulged and feasted as planned, even though not hot enough. A Taste-Rating of 7.8/10 was granted. The Iceland 5% fat beef chunks are delicious and not fatty at all.

Washing up afterwards, more spillages had to be coped with, and the cleaning up, of course.

Fell asleep waiting for Carer...

I just could not keep my eyes open. It had been a long, wearying confusing day for the Doddery One. The sleep was deep enough for a bit of dreaming; I was on a canal in a rowing boat, the water seemed to be steaming... but that's all I can recall about it: Then the Carer was waking me up, it took me a while to get the thoughts together. I tried talking to the bloke, but no response, apart from the odd grunt. The gentleman handed me the medication pot - and I noticed straight away that he'd only put one Warfarin in it! Mentioned this, and he added another one.

Proper Sleep!

Sweet Morpheus arrived with no bother, and I had an uninterrupted six-hour sojourn!

4 comments:

  1. Taking a shower is radical. Nice you got a chinwag in. Great cloud photos. Decent looking meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Tim.
      The skies here are not up to the standards of New Mexico's largest populated city, Albuquerque. I do envy you amazing shot of the fabulous skies out there, Sir.
      Keep safe. TTFNski!

      Delete
  2. I had not yet heard of that Japanese word "chimpo", but now feel sorry for Harry. I wonder what Billum means in Japanese.
    Say, I like that rhyming of BREW and VIEW. Try to keep my rhyme sensors alert, just in case an ode comes along.
    Five red cars today, a marvel to behold, I shall call it a "red-letter day" without delay (a random rhyme).
    We also get packages of many sizes and of many ways to waste room, but I am certain that it is not easy to keep all the inventory moving. The conveyor belts are probably set to an inhuman handling speed, of course.
    Inconvenient at best when you have to clean pots and utensils all the danged time. At least the nosh rating did not suffer overly much. I like to see high nosh ratings and low BP numbers, I must be a statistician. Or something, that is certain — according to HRH Lisa.
    Hoping that Sadday is treating you with a modicum of respect, kind Sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I may be able to assist you with the moniker in Japanese, Sir Billum- ビラム (Dr Google) Well, it's a start. Hehe!
      Your aesthetically prompted sensorial alert system is much admired, Sir.

      Once upon a timeth, after my being made redundant for the second time (there was another to follow), I got a job with an employment agency (Well over 50 at the time, and unwanted, Tsk) I worked at the food processing factory in Lincolnshire - the foods were coming through for me to pack in boxes, after making them up from flat packs... I ran out of carboard and no one was around to help me... It was short term of employment!

      ♫ Up down, flying around, varied figures from the BP machine...♫ Hahaha!

      Cheers Billum, may your weekend me of merriment and magnificent health and contentment! HRH ♥

      Delete