Friday 9 July 2021

Friday 9th July 2021: Diary, graphics, photographicalisations, and maybe the odd ode, to be told?

z
TFZeress and TFZer Nibbling together? Hehe!

Friday 9th July 2021

04:00hrs: I stirred back to partial life, with the Thought Storms ratling away in my imitation brain. The Sever Frailty Test today...what needs sorting? Didn't you make a list somewhere? What time is it? Ah, I need a wee-wee? The last question being a sort of rhetorical one. I scrambled my way out of the £300 second-hand recliner, caught my balance, and meandered the three paces to the NWWB (Nocturnal-Wee-Wee Bucket).

And what wee-wee I had! It's been a few months, I think, since I've had a WUNT (Weak-Unwilling-Negligible-Trickling)  style leak like this one was. But more surprising was the length of the CMD, that is, the  (Cessational Micturitional Dribbling). It lasted far longer than the lengthy trickling release in the first place. I reckon the urine infection is back. Which reminds me, I must get an order done for some more PP's (Protection Pants).

I got the kettle on and had to have another wee-wee, which was a struggle to encourage it to start, and again the CMD was a long job, although shorter than the first one. 

Again something came into my head. (It can happen occasionally) prompted by the events - I must not let the carer give me a Furesomide tablet this morning. Because going to the Doctors will take me an hour to walk there, and the WC is not available at the surgery, they told me in the appointment letter.

Odd, how at times these can sometimes be remembered?

I took this photograph, with the blue-hue, from the thick-framed, impossible to get at for cleaning kitchen window. Not bad, for the Canon.

Another Wee-Wee - Made the Tea!

At least this third one of the day was a little easier to push out and less CMD, far less!

Handwashing Done

All I laundered was the made in Afghanistani made, grey long-sleeved t-shirt. I considered, in fact, almost did, wash the bath towel until I re-remembered that I was going out to the Sherringham Park Medical practice to see the nurses, whichever were on duty today.

I got the new potatoes in the slow cooker but did not turn them on yet. I'll do that later when I leave the flat. Remember? Of course, I will! 

I had a moment of indecision, irresoluteness, call it what you will. Could I make my mind up of which teabag to use? Well, not for a while, anyway. The choice was too good, I think - 99 tea, or Glengettie, perhaps Thompsons Punjana... or, I had a few Glengettie Gold left? I opted for 99. 

A grand brew, but then again, they all are.

Paperwork for the day, sorted!

I did my best to sort out what was needed for the day ahead. Then another wee-wee, when I made the required sample, filled the sterile sample pot, fastened in safely, and put it in the blue bag. While I thought of it, I put the mobile phone and Health Check details in as well. Had I missed something off or out? No idea! Fingers crossed.

Health Checks Carried out

I used a different BP assessment site (Blood-Pressure-OK) this morning instead of the NHS one. But the BP had shot up, all the same. Tsk! It's prettier if nowt else. 
And the Cardiac Wee-Assessment tool.

Updated the Thursday Blog

Got it finished, but not sent off, as the summoning to the Porcelain Throne arrived, in an urgent manner, that demanded instant action!

Well, that was astounding! I got seated sharpishly, and the flow began. Massive again, but this time in one torpedo-shaped and size. But no signs of any bleeding, no pain, not even an inkling of discomfort!

Posted the Blog to Blogger

Thursday diary sent off. An Email link sent out. Then onto Facebooking catch-up.

Ablutionalisationing Done

The session was a long one, but only due to the number of dropsies committed. Nowt serious, all went well, smoothishly!

The tops of the legs looked a little ragged again, with some new growths coming up.

Waste Bags to Chute...

And glass to the recycling bin on the way out.

The sewer and pipe-clearers were hard at it as I got myself out and onto Chestnut Walk.

Started Down Winchester Street

On my hobble down to Mansfield Road.

The new flats being built seem to have taken no time at all? On Mansfield Road, the dreaded EScooter were in plentiful supply.

Into Carrington, and down to the surgery. Where I waited in the lobby until it was time for my appointment and then entered the waiting room. 

The Appointment

I went into one of the nurse's rooms. The questioned flowed at a reasonable rate, and my confusion raised a bit as well.

If I recall correctly: The questions continued as they took my BP, blood for tests, weighed me. That was a hell of a shock, I can tell yers!

Senior nurse Caroline came in and questioned me on my last fall, wanting all the details. With two nurses asking questions, I lost it a bit. I thought that a Severe Frailty Test would include a memory test... but no. That would need another appointment making. I begged her to make notes for me, please. 

So that I didn't forget anything important. Nurse Caroline returned to say she'd booked me in with the falls team, and they will contact me to sort a date for a meeting.

Har-har! I was struggling to keep up now. I thanked the nurse and departed a confused character - well, to be fair, I was when I went in.

Hobbled along to the Lidl Store

A mistake, I think!

I spent a fortune! Then caught a bus to Sherwood. Dropped off and went over the road to the bus stop. But it was a twenty-minute wait, so I took some pictures of Mansfield Road.




Caught the bus up the hill and walked through the link passages to Woodthorpe Court.

Up in the elevator, and home at last! A letter had been hand-delivered. But, first things first!

Tried to Sort Dates given to me by the nurse and Appointments

I put the only confirmed date for the Memory Test for 11:30hrs on Thursday 5th August, on the Google Calendar. I've had one of these before, I think after I came out after the stroke? I passed easily enough; I'm not confident that this test really gets to the problem, or rather solving the problem - what am I saying? There is no solution, but it would be nice for someone to try too.

I remembered to take the Furesomide!

That was encouraging!

Perused the letter

I'm more confused than ever now!

Put the food bought away.

Every item a luxury I could have done without! Still, that's me all over - Comfort Food!

Computer on, order to Amazon?

Why? As if I needed more liquid smoke, I've two part-used bottles in the cupboard already? This is the sort of thing that can happen when I get myself in a muddled mental state. I tried to tell the nurse about this, but the subject was changed, and naturally, I forgot to try again. Humph!

Started to update this Blog

It was hard work, with my being in the state I was, and five hours later, I was still miles from getting the job done, and... yet another wee-wee was needed! Since I've been back at the flat and took the Furesomide tablet, this is about the ninth wee-wee I had had! So the pill works. Hehe!

The Evening Carer Arrived

The same gal as this morning came. I could sense that she was in a rush. But was kind enough to ask how the test went at the Doctor's. Lovely that she remembered, bless her. ♥ Ilia got me sorted and had to rush off to her next client. I thanked her profusely. I do that, you know? Haha!

Made a Brew of Thompsons Punjana

Boy, was it raining out there! I took some photographs through the balcony windows and on from the open kitchen window.




Got the Nosh Sorted

Fresh garden peas, new potatoes, out-of sell-by date tomatoes, and its last sell-by date smokey chicken pieces. Some Milk Roll slightly buttered sarnies. Wrapped them up in foil and got on with making a template for tomorrow.

I'm Blurry Eyed Now

Got the template nearly finished and then went on the YourArea Emagazine to see if owt worth mentioning was on it, starting with a look at the current Covid situation; I only got as far as Covid, nearly collapsed and fell asleep in the computer chair. Too tired after two hectic, stressful days.

I'll tidy this up, post the blog and try to get my head down, methinks.

TTFNski!

4 comments:

  1. Yer always know if you took two Furosemides by dint of error, all activity moves to the throne quarters.
    The potatos have been looking well of late, they will also let you know if they've gone off by dint of smellage. Advice offered at no cost by Billum and HRH Lisa.
    Lidl must have some nice — and pricey — stuff. A place that yer don't want to spend everything yer got.
    Well, my looney attempt to set a ceiling on BP dropped as much as the reading rose. My looney attempts are sometimes legendary, of course.
    Nice to have that passageway open again, yer need every break yer can get.
    Wishing yer good restages and lengthy kips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheery-wise witty words on the Furosemide front, Sir Billum! A smile for me start the day, I fank you!
    The spuds do seem a smidge less picturesque lately. Hehe!
    An extra mention of my Whoopsie at Lidl, good Sir... I bought a razor and some blades to go in it - later finding that the flaming things not only cost me over £7, but I bought the five-blade variety. Bleeding-wise, this could be interesting. Humph!
    As a fellow member of the SLAAM (Silly, Loony Attempters Association Membership) I understandeth muchly. The link passages, have been much missed, now I'm hard pressed to remember they are open. Haha!
    Swett Morpheus is not in a social mood lately, the swine is being cruel to the our beloved HRH, and that is not good, I shall have words with whoever controls Morpheus when I get to ST Peters Gate about this, and lodge a strong complaint!
    Alles Gute, Herr HRH Lisa unt Billum! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked the Furosimide warning label, Sir. Lidl has the stuff yer wante, I can't argue with that. Methinks the five blades provide fewer cuts, unless the blades areod, and especially if the blades are rusty. Might aswell use lid from a tin can in that case. Good to meet a fellow SLAAM member, it is a worthy organization, innit?
    Morpheus has been a bit dismissive these days. I think a word or two at St Peter's Gate would be appropriate. Strong words are decidedly called for.
    Pass auf. Sonntag ist angekommen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Encouraging to hear that five-bladers are saferer, I'll try it out now, Sir.
      'unless the blades areod... I worked that out, 'are old' Smug-Mode Engaged! It's great to communicate with another similar minded person, I thank you and HRH. ♥
      I've noticed, that there is no Email address given anywhere for St Peter? Tsk!
      Danke für die Erinnerung an die Fälligkeit von Sonntag. Hahaha! (Had use Mr Google to get the spelling right)
      This mornings carer, Craig, the much travelled young lad, sorted out a problem for me on the computer minutes ago. I was typing this comment, and the capitals stayed on, delete didn't work, and got into a semi-panic at the thought of losing my beloved blog... He's not sure what he did, but it worked. So, I had to rewrite everything, but did so with appreciation.
      HRH's sleeping, she's done some amazing things to battle Sweet Morpheus, an amazing gal, tell her. ♥

      Delete