Tuesday 1 June 2021

Inchies Graphics, Photographicalisations & the odd Ode

Monday 31st May 2020

TFZers having fun? Hehehe!


Good heavens, up at 01:00hrs. Because sweet Morpheus was not too keen on revisiting me. Tsk! Almost automatically, yet unthinkingly, I started doing the hand-washing the clothes. Got them done, wrung and hung above the kitchenette sink on hangars.

I noticed the tops of both feet were itching profusely. Apart from some DVT veins showing here and there, I could find no reason for this? Ah, well!

Whoopsiedangleplop!

Off to the Porcelain Throne. Which went well, no mess, no bleeding and...

No Pain! Yee-Haa! 

But, while I was squirting the toilet cleaner into the bowl, it shot off. Good job, I've got more in stock. Hehe!

Health Checks Carried out

The results were much better than yesterday morning.

Spuds in Crock-pot - Accifauxpas!

I mention this as I had a few cock-ups in carrying out this 'simple' task. I picked up the ceramic bowl and dropped it... luckily, it fell into the bowl of water in the sink! Then after getting the spuds in, I dropped the lid... Argh! Followed by a naughty word were automatically uttered. However, another stroke of good luck, well, not if you count it landing on my foot - from whence it bounced up and landed in the part-full wastebasket, so no breakages! Smug-Mode-Engaged!

I got the Ablutionisationing done.

Again, this went well. The usual dropsies, not nothing else untoward, dangerous or stupid! Smug-Mode Upgraded to Class B! Hehe!

The legs were a little more pot-marked with the Clopidogrel marks and a few new blotches.

Medications Carer Called

He could not get in, the intercom still not working, most annoying. A new to me chap, I had to go down to let him in gain. Cathy Cartilage bothering me a bit more this morning. A decent sort of bloke.

I spent five hours on CorelDraw

I kept nipping to the fodder preparing: The wee-weeing was as damned nuisance today as well, little and often. Tsk!

Josie returned the tray and pots

She didn't say anything, so I assumed she enjoyed the meal. She did think that I was looking unwell and pale - she was right!

Whoopsiedangleplop!

Decided to make Surami sticks, tomatoes, the spuds and some buttered wholemeal crustless bread... but I had to rush off for a leak again, a bit painful this time. And I got back on the computer and CorelDrawing... and forgot all about the cooking! Argh!

Afternoon Thoughts in Ode

A bit messy, mangled and mixed...

Little things were bothering me, getting to me,

My thoughts puzzling, confused and wonky,

From worry, I strove to be free,

I couldn't escape them, you see!

Concentration, fretting, unquantifiability,

Peace of mind? an unattainability,

Vulgarity, veracity, and mental verbosity,

The grey cells tormented, 

I stopped for too many a wee-wee, 

The bladder emptied with instability,

The hassle, and the very temerity,

Today, there's many an abnormality,

Likely old age, in actuality,

Gone is my awareness, and celerity,

I'll have to cope with my unreliability,

And dementia's vascularity,

Bit of a pity! 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Fed Myself the Fodder


New buttered potatoes, Surami sticks and tomatoes. A blob of Marmite cheese and some crustless wholemeal bread. 6/10 rating.

Two-minute kips ensued

Waiting for the carer to arrive was a battle to stay awake. I must have nodded off many times, waking in a semi-panic, to check the time and hope I've not missed the chap.

Carer Arrived but...

ACCIFAUXPAS!

I'll explain: The chap didn't seem too happy when he arrived, and hearing what he was saying and getting him to understand what I said was problematical, to say the least. Facemask and a deep, unclear, muffled voice made it difficult. The man was having a hard time making out what I was saying when Stuttering Stephanie kicked off!

He read through the paperwork and eventually got the medications handed to me. Here was the unfortunate problem now...

The memory was baffled with my being so tired; I felt sure that there were too few tablets in the box. I mentioned this to the gentleman. Who assured me they were correct. So, I took them. 

Then the memory box suddenly clicked into gear. There were no Warfarin Tablets! I mentioned this to the chap, who assured me that the anticoagulants were taken in the mornings, not evenings... At first, I accepted this as being correct. After all, I do get so many things wrong or and forgotten about.

The man did check on the DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) paperwork, though, bless him. No apologies or acknowledgement of an error made. A shame! He then gave me the Warfarin tablets after rechecking the dosages.

As he left, he said something, and I apologised and asked twice what it was he said. An irritable third time spoken was still undecipherable; So I gave up. Hoping it was nothing significant that he was saying earlier. Thanked him, and off he went.

When I got back in the main room...


I found he's left the prescriptions detail sheet out. Fortunately, I didn't throw it away and thought to put it back in the folder for other carers, who might understand it. I hope he doesn't come again, made me a little nervous with not being able to understand what he said, and the cock-up with the Warfarin tablets just could well have been fatal for me.

No concern was shown on his behalf. An apology is not an admission of guilt. It would have assuaged my fears, at least.

The whole incident kicked off the Thought Storms when I got settled down.

I did get some sleep in (five hours), though. But had to wait for a few hours for the anxiety to de-escalate. Which meant I rose in the morning much later than usual, and everything was out-of-sync again. Humph!


2 comments:

  1. Getting a BP in the 150s is a mark of great improvement, all such indexes are always subect to interpretation. Such is the thought from Herr Billum.
    Slippery spuds make for easy dropsies, as discovered over time by the dropsier.
    Quite right about the confusing actions of the carer. Not apologizing makes things somewhat less amiable. Fortunately, the missing Warfarin was reconciled.
    I am also to visit my Warfarin counsel this week. Have to call them up since the only site will not let me in. Things is screwed up here as well, of course.
    Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday, kind Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dropsier? I like it!
    Aye, I feel a little irked at myself for getting uptight, Billum.
    Hope you can your Warfarinists to comply, Sir. Ah, we could form a Duo, 'The Wararinist'? Hehe!
    Feeling betterer this morning, I don't know why, but I hope you can feel as good as I do at the moment Billum. It's as if someone has slipped me a 'feel-contented' pill? Will it last? Hahaha!
    Love to HRH and wishes for her Sweet Morpheus to return, and hopes that the Warfarinist gets good news.
    TTFNski.

    ReplyDelete