Monday 13 September 2021

Monday 13th September 2021: Inchies Day, and sometimes the odd ode that might get slipped in!

I Think Gerry might be in trouble here?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sunday Evening

Evening view from the balcony.

Inchies microwaved bacon and sausages, with can heated chilli bean supper. Grrreat!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

MONDAY 13th SEPTEMBER 2021

Woke around 23:50hrs

Did the Health Checks.

Well pleased with these results!

Sat down and fell back asleep!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Woke again at 03:10hrs

Urgent: Rush To Porcelain Throne!

I was straight up, no catching my balance, no wee-weeing - I hobbled hurriedly straight to the Porcelain Throne ASAP!

I knew I hadn't caught my balance when I shoulder-charged the wet room doorframe in my haste!

But no time for cursing. I was desperate to get on the throne in time. I was still only partly sat down; when the funking torrent of liquid evacuating product shot out, splashing several items en route... Me, the floor, bowl, wall and floor.

I'll not go into detail. Suffice to say, it was an unpleasant ten minutes that followed after the evacuation, of cleaning things up, and with a very painful shoulder - that the bashing had kicked off Shaking Shoulder Shirley, as well!

Not a very good start to the day! 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Made a Brew of Glengettie

Rubbed some Phorpain gel on the shoulder. Brewed a mug of tea, took a Galpharm® capsule, hoping to firm things up. Stuff lurking in there waiting to pour out in liquid form on the next Porcelain Trone session. I can feel it bubbling!

And onto the computer to catch up on what Liberty-Global Virgin Media Internet stopped me from doing last night when it went down again. Frugnangles"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Finished Facebooking

Why, you ask? Because...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ablutionalisationing!

Disregarding a plethora of dropsies (Mostly caused by Shaking Shoulder Shirley), this was almost as pleasant a stand-up session that I can remember taking!

Just one thing got to me, there's always one, isn't there? Hahaha!

On leaving, I carried the medical exchanges and the just-cleaned and sanitised nocturnal wee-wee bucket. So I allowed myself more room on the right, which is the side affected by the depth perception or lack thereof. And clouted my left elbow this time on the other side of the door! Humph!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bit Of Housework Done

Not a lot!

Made up the yellow hypo and medical waste bag, and four normal waste bags, only small ones, they are easier to get down the waste chute, placed the household ones in the box in the hallway to take later.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Morning Carer Called

Valerie, this morning. She seemed a little more up to it today, bless her.♥

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Potatoes in the Saucepan

I made a name up for this variety. 'Spotty Specials'. Haha!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Washed a Shirt

The Pakistani long-sleeved green shirt was hand-washed, rinsed, freshened and hung to dry above the kitchen sink.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Spring Water Bottles Made

I made two one-litre bottles of spring water from the last 2-litre bottle. Adding some orange cordial (just a drop) and a few citric acid crystals to each bottle.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A Murder of Crows Gathering!

For almost a minute, crows were flying level with the 12th-floor, passing the kitchen window. Going to the left of the building. TFZer Lona loves crows.

I hastened to get the camera, stubbing my toe en route and banging my knee against the kitchen door n my return... It's not going well, is it?

I then hit my knuckle on the window catch, as I opened as fast as I could! 

Not a flaming crow was in sight. Cragnangles! I still took a couple of photos of where I thought they might have ended up.

I checked to see if they had landed anywhere. Nope! So I took a shot of Chestnut Walk car parking.

Some spaces available?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Box Of Bags To the Chute

Carried the box of bags to the other end of the sterile 12th-floor balcony...

And I gave myself a good clout on the ankle and knee with the walking stick. A good job; none of today' Accifauxpas is serious cause I've had a few.

However, when I got in the cubby-hole room, all went well.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Back to the flat

Updated this blog for an hour or so. Then went to see any comments that might have come in and reply to them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sudden Serious Tiredness & Fatigue!

No, joking here: Things had seemed to be going okay. Then the eyes dropped, I felt all weak, and I just had to stop everything and get sat down in the chair.

Utter instant fatigue! I was genuinely worried about the sudden decline in energy, concentration and strength of body... I turned everything off and got down in the recliner, feet up on the chair (the recliner does not work).

In time to catch some Herberts!

But even this noise could not affect my involuntary desire, nae, need, of getting some rest and sleep.

I think after I heard the Herbert, I was in the land of nod within seconds!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I woke, in need of a wee-wee!


A few recognitions of this awakening:

I'd been asleep for only about two hours or so, yet I felt refreshed.

The wee-wee was a good, powerful, long, strong, but painful one! 

And the rampant wee-wees continued to come all night after that... it was as if some little helpers had been working away at the bladder for me, and they were successful. Hehehe!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Evening Carer Arrived

It was Caroline. She got the medications sorted in a short time. I gave her the microwave bacon cooker thingy; it is of no use to me. I thanked and bade her farewell, and off she trotted. I asked if she would take the three small bags of waste to the chute for me as she passed by, and the gal did so for me. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Updated This blog

In between Wee-wees!

I got found I'd gone wrong on a graphic done yesterday! I lost well over an hour in putting it right - I'd have been quicker starting it afresh! Yet this didn't irk me; I just plodded on and did it. This is so unnatural for me lately?

Got as far as I could with the updating. Any things that happen afterwards will have to go on tomorrows blog.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Took a Photo of the End Car Park

The Nottingham City Homes have looked after the car owners complaints about shortages of parking spaces available. Spent a fortune on building these car parking spaces, and one car is using it? I wouldn't blame Nottingham City if they were to fail to respond positively to any future complaints.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I intend to get this blog finished and posted to Blogger. Then Email the link, and catch up on Facebooking.

This depends on when and for how long the Liberty-Global, Virgin Media Internet goes down for... not I didn't say 'if it goes down! Update in Tuesday's post.

Fare Thee All Well, Mon Amis!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

4 comments:

  1. A good start today after a few winks. I quite enjoyed the cartoon on the aged folks, invigorating stuff is wot I have to say.
    A murder of crows — on the lam because of the deaths cause I suppose. I have recently taken to reading some mysteries from Erle Stanley Gardner, classic stuff from the 1950s that absolutely refuses to get old. I always picture the characters from that era when reading the original ESG. Good read indeed.
    The BP is once again looking up, let us see if we can keep it that way, kind Sir!
    Seven potatos, and it seems that none of them have flown from the pot and into a mysterious hiding place to be discovered in the indefinite future. Looking good they are.
    The lack of activity in the new parking spaces is quite a myster, perhaps I can find a tale from Erle Stanley Gardner that involves just such a strange setting, where red cars sometimes appear?
    Hoping yer Tuesday is looking well.
    My INR is up once again, so I need to include more greenies with my weenies. Doctor's orders. It was 3.2 doncha know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how you find time for a good read, Billum. I'm not jealous of course. (Ha,ha!) Going about hte Saccades next month, the eyes are getting worserer. I've got the last book I bought Stalingrad - The Escape, but cannot read it comfortably at all. Humph! But I used to love a good read, James Herriot etc. When it came on TV, the characters and farms were nothing like those formed in my mind when I read the book.
      Cheers Billum, the BP is being good again.
      I wish we could swap INR readings, 3.2 is my target. Greens? I am not allowed any of my favourite Brassica veg since the heart op. They told me sprouts, cabbage, cauliflowers and kale are all too high in vitamin K? Which increases the INR greatly, so are banned. Guess what my favourite vegetables were? Hahaha!
      Tuesday was the Herbert reactivation day SWINE! Three nod-offs?
      Love to HRH Lisa, and I beg for Humira helping healing, less bothersomeness for your good self!

      Delete
  2. HRH Lisa has received some pain-specific plasters that keep her burns from bothering her overmuch, however the skin must also be exposed daily to firm up the scabbing process. Unfortunately the open sores act up most fearsome at the subjecting open wounds to open air.
    Of course, Lisa softly mutters "BLIMEY" when that happenstance occurs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor HRH Lisa. Ah, Blimey! HRH used Porcelain Throne on her Facebook page - I felt so proud! ♥

      Delete