Saturday 16 October 2021

Inchies Ode To Life - Hope you get a smile out of it folks!

 Words of Non-Wisdom from Inchie


Life is no longer too healthful,

I rely on Carers being helpful,

I try not to be disrespectful,

Try to cope, be resourceful,

My daily struggles are continual,

Keeping aware and wakeful,

But it's hard keeping to a schedule,

No point in moaning; I must be tactful,

Take medications to keep wakeful,

I'm overweight and not very graceful,

I'm common as muck; folk find this distasteful,

Teeth left? Not exactly a mouthful!

All the ailments should make me fearful,

But there's no time to be tearful,

In fact, this morning, I felt cheerful!

The pretty Carers make me drool,

I know, I'm a romantic old fool,

Now past romancing, that is cruel,

If one adopts this grandad, that'd be cool!

Vascular dementia makes me so forgetful,

What day, time is it. I am very grateful...

When I get summat right, I'm joyful!

The medicationalisationing ritual,

Drives me out of my skull,

I feel I've had a belly-full!

Still, I'm practised in things medical,

Life can appear abstract, conceptual!

Occasionally, I feel almost useful,

 But that's not often or usual,

But the thought of this is valuable,

It helps keep my depression tenable,

Although, now I'm much more abusable,

With PN then stroke, things are more droppable,

I tend to find myself dislikeable?

My ailments and faults are semi-camouflageable,

Most of them are incurable,

I'm growing ever more confusable,

Occasionally, I do something applaudable,

To some, this will sound contradictable,

Hard to be believable,

But the lost skills and abilities,

Are truly not retrievable,

Just press on, I find advisable,

Sometimes the unexpected is achievable,

Then again, I'm very deludable,

Some accifauxpas are just unavoidable,

Like as I type this, sadly horrible...

Virgin Internet down again, unforgivable!

Anger-making, sickening and arousable,

Liberty-Global - so hated and detestable!

What I think of L-G's CEO Fries is unwritable!

Just noticed that this Ode is Gawdawful?

I'll stop now; Huh, it's pitiful!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

6 comments:

  1. That is an amazing Ode my man. It is sad and I think you need to see a doctor to get meds and other things like swelling straightened out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you, Sir.
      Doctor, Tim? What's that? Oh, yes, I remember! Hehehe!

      Delete
  2. I forgot to check "Notify me" again. Blogger is very annoying about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forget that too, most times. Very amateurish, Blogger is, Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't even noticed the words "Notify me" until just now, my eyes are don't notice small print either. By the bye, I enjoyed this fine and most accurate notification; in fact, I'm clicking the box to make all this official :-) Hey, I had to tell BLOGGER thtee times. Oh well, what the H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One tends to concentrate on ones comment, rather than trying to find whimsicalness of Blogger, I find. I just ticked the notify me button). Haha! Still, we are in good company with Tim.

      I wonder if TS Eliot would have suffered through lack on interest, if he'd been posting on Blogger? Which is unlikely of course.

      Three times v thtee times, reminds me of the HT, the Hindustan Times. Which may wish to publish my odes of rubbish? Or not!

      I waffle well... I'm afraid.

      Felicitations and an ether-cuddle for HRH Lisa, along with best wishes for health issues to subside somewhat, Sir.

      Delete