Wednesday 23 June 2021

Inchies Day - Tuesday 22nd June 2021: Graphics, Photographicalisations & the odd Ode

♥ A Trio of TFZer Cooks? Hehe! ♥

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A Few Thoughts In Ode

I woke to feel much better physically, sacre bleu,

Arthur Itis, Anne Gyna, all easier, it's true!

But mentally, I thought the prospects to be blue,

My EQ told me something unpleasant is due!

So, I had a wee-wee, and made a brew,

What else could I do?

No females here, for me to bill and coo,

Went to the Porcelain Throne, it was overdue,,

Crosswording, it was like Deja Vous!

Didn't do very well, I attest to,

Not messy, but boy, it did phoo!

The Thought Storms were not forming a queue,

All wanting to simultaneously get through!

But, so beautiful, was the morning view,

It cheered my heart; no, it's true!

But I do so miss the tree copse walk-through!


I heard a noise, the door hole I peeped through,

I hit my head on the door; it made me phew!

Then I forgot what I was about to do...

So I washed a shirt and got myself soaked too!


Then the Health Checking, I did pursue!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yahoo!

Brilliant!

Out of the red for the first time ever! I think I might have said that already? Sorry.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Got the Ablutions Done

This was an extraordinary session... well, apart from the medicationalisationing. I had a lot of bother when applying the hydrocortisone cream to Little Inchies fungal lesion; best say no more. It was very tender applying the ointment and took ages to stop the bleed!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Morning Carer Arrived

Natalie, it was, I think. She was a smidge late and told me she was all behind... I resisted any comments on that topic. Haha! She soon sorted me out and was patient enough to listen to something of other I waffled on about

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Rushed Getting Things Ready For the bus into Town

First, I made up and loaded the waste bags into the box on the trolley guide and took them to the rubbish chute.

When I returned to the flat, I heard some workmen's noise, banging and drilling from outside. I got the camera as I put it in my coat to take it with me and snapped the lads working below from the kitchen window.

I couldn't work out what they were up to. It could be the water-leak workers?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

All Ready, I started My Escape!


I went down in the lift, then through the inter-courts passageway, through to Winwood, and to the welcoming ILC's (Independent Living Coordinators)Generaloberstess, Ice skating champion Julie, and Obergruppenfhüreress and Lap-Top Dancer Deana. I dropped off some little treats, had a short natter, and off to the bus stop, to town. Took a few photos while I was enjoying a natter between Jean, Penny and Christine. 

I hope the Fire Brigade or Ambulance are not needed!
Winwood & Winchester Courts
Winwood Court, frontage
Caught the bus, £2.30 bus fare, as it was two minutes too early to use the bus pass. Tsk!

We were soon battered about with the speed bumps, and all arrived safely in town.

Went in the Poundland Store

The one on Upper Parliament Street. They had many empty shelves, but it is Monday, so it was to be expected. They had closed the regular tills, only self-service ones available, presumably while the staff desperately tried to get the shelves restocked? No, hang on, it's Tuesday?

When I got to the till self-serve tills, a young lady came over, put them through for me, and even packed the bag! Bless her, I slipped her a can of vodka and lime in thanks. She was tickled pink by the gesture.

A Hobble Down Clumber Street

I took some photos en route, but many of them I thought were sad...

Boarded up shops on the left and right. This one uses to be a Burton's Tailors shop, I think.

Plenty of proper, unhappy-looking Nottinghamians milling about... I don't blame them!

The saddest of them all for me. What used to be Jessops Camera shop, long since closed down. Some yobs had smashed the windows, Nottinghamians at their best! Incidentally, I counted twelve closed down shops on this short street. Not many folks about... many drunks were spotted, pavement cyclists and Escooter dangers around. And folks throwing leering, threatening looks my way as they saw I have a camera in hand!


First time I've been down this way for over a year. The Lion Hotel was now not a hotel or pub. Adverts showing for gambling, massages, sun-beds and other nefarious activities on show. Hehehe!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Around The Slab Square

At the back of the Council House at the end of Clumber Street. There were five pavement cyclist in this view as I got the Canon out of my pocket, but only three left by the time I took to this photo.

A pair of legs on an Escotter, and a lady looking proper despondent. I gave her a big smile to try and cheer her up as I passed... Then realised I'd got the facemask on. Hahaha!Tsk!

I Called in the Fletcher Gate Poundland

They were the opposite to the Upper Parliament shop and had closed their self-service tills. I got some more bits, including some more drain unblocked, got served, paid, and out, back into the Slab Square.

The Slab Square had a Police Car parked in the centre of it. At the left end, a pair of drunken folks were doing no harm, but the bloke lept, falling over, its a miracle he didn't hurt himself. His partner was swigging the bottle too, but she's a friendly drunk, it seems. Not that the policemen noticed anything.

I chap on his mobile phone was giving someone grief, and no holding back. Maybe he wanted to use an Escooter? Hehe!

The Slab Square Council House had been adorned with the flag. I thought St Georges day was April 23rd? Oh, right, it just be there, for the Euro Cup?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Up To The Bus Stop

I had a job to hold onto the trolley and stop it from running down the hill for some reason. Note that my intended cutting back on spending had not really been successful, either, had it? Hehe!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Bus Ride Home...

I think I collected a few more bruises on the legs en route back to the flats.

I noticed that we now had three vehicles parked in the emergency reserved spots and on the pavement. But what choice do they have? None, I think!

I entered Winwood, said hello to the wardens as I passed, and went through the Winwood link passage.


At the far end of the walkway, I took this shot of the workers outside. They have brought in some heavier equipment now.

I got through the end door and to the elevator; I like the floor indicator on the floor; it's perfect for tripping over for folks.

I got in the cage, pressed my floor button and involuntarily passed the wind. Phwoar!

Trolley Inside, Fodder Away.

Not a lot of heavy stuff, so I managed things okay for once. Unloaded the bags...

My favourites were the cooked meats. I love a bargain. First two £1, right one £1.50!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Started Updating this Blog

Four and a half hours later, I'd reached up to here! I'm buggered!

Going to get something to eat before the evening carer calls.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dagwood Based Meal


I made too much again, so I couldn't eat it all, but what I did gobble tasted Grrreat! I must make up some more pickled vinegar tomorrow! But, apart from the crap, tasteless potatoes, everything was enjoyed, and a taste rating of 8.5/10 given for this nosh!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

New Evening Carer Arrives.

Name of Julia. A good bit late, but she was caring and patient, and we had a natter while she did the job and drugged me up. Hehe!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Czech Republic 0 - 1 England

The match started before Julia had left, but I didn't honestly expect them to win. But they did. Again the performance of England faded in the second half, after a great start as well. I hope but am not expecting them to do much progression-wise after this. But, you never know... Do you?

And poor old Scotland losing out to Croatia, after their great display again Englan in the last round. I felt sorry for them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Late Getting Head Down after a long day

The highlight was that Sweet Morpheus soon had me in his grip. Thanks to the Thought Storms absence. Yippee!

6 comments:

  1. Don't know where to start on this very complete diary entry and travelogue, also many graphicalisations to spice up the journey. The BP numbers are spectacular and record-setting marvels, might get a writeup in a scholarly medical journal. Carers are showing up in quantity and quality, a good season for those carers, such as Julia. A jaunt into the inner realms of Nottingham that do not receive enough attention by local media sources, you have to come to Inchies Day to find out about such arcane visitories. Slab Square reveals the past lives, we see the stuff that fell upon that camera shoppe. The tree copse looks welcoming enough and the weather certainly was sterling, were it not?
    A dagwood sarnie to cap it off, I hope Sweet Morpheus shows up with a goodly number of sleep moments for yer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jolly good morningski, Sir Billum.
      I'm amazed that no scholarly medical journal, or art gallery are showing any interest in Blogging. (Come think of it, I'm not)
      Carers not turned up this morning - it might be Nicola and she's gone to collect the prescriptions for me first? At least I hope so.
      Anything arcane, I'm you man!
      I'd love to have just one more hobble up through the copse... but its not to be. I'd like to see the dea again.
      Rather good the Dagwood taste - bar the spuds.
      I have communicated with HRH Lisa - they can't touch me for it! Hahaha!
      Are you still on the Humira, no that's not the word... is it. I'll lok it up on an old post later.

      Delete
    2. The scholarly medicie journals will nor even recognize snakeoil as a universal cure-all.
      Arcanity is me speciality as well, kind Sir!
      The copse looks grand indeed. At least yer can share memories of its everlasting appeal.
      I have just run an errand for HRH Lisa, it turns out.
      And Humira is the correct spelling and it does me much betterer than the stuff that cost $170 per month. Fortunately, it is subsidizable for poor old codgers what were born in the firat halk of the 20th Century. What a differenr era that was. The tree copses were even bigger, if not enormeser :-)

      Delete
    3. We could start a group. The Arcaners, or the Arcanity Two, or Arcane Articles... maybe not! Haha!

      HUMIRA, Humira, I must write this down. Oh, I have!

      May the Carcada return!

      Delete
  2. It's been ages since I've seen the Oscar Meyer Weeny van. Excellent photos from your out and about. That's an amazing Dagwood sandwich.

    ReplyDelete