Monday 21 June 2021

Inchies Day - Monday 21st June 2021: Graphics, Photographicalisations & the odd Ode occasionally

 

TFZer Thomas - Classy Transporter!

HRH, Lisa, Billum & Gerry at the Tower!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mad Morning Thoughts

In terrible Rhyme

I get things wrong, time after time,

My Odes should be classed as a crime!

Although they may improve sometime,

The prospects are not worth a dime!

Getting owt right is a mountain to climb!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Whoopsiedangleplop

0515hrs: I returned to this often tortuous consciousness, called life. With my EQ giving me warning of frustrations to come! Tsk! However, I was in an industrious mood and determined to get on with the days' tasks.

I bumblingly stumbled to get my hideously over-bellied stomached body free of the £300, second-hand bought, c1968, nauseously beige-coloured, not-working, uncomfortable, rusty, rickety, crumb-covered, difficile, tatty recliner. 

As I was wobblingly getting to my feet, I heard the sound of the mobile phone chirping away. But, could I find it? No! Grumph!

It might have been; The INR Warfarin Vampire Nurse? Or, the Amazon message about the Morrison order or Stencils coming today? Mayhaps even the Morning Carer. Not a good start to the day! 

I thought the tone sounded nearby, and I started my Sherlock Holmesian investigation into where the damned phone was!

I hunted around the chairs. I used the torch to see under them, but no luck! Checked the Ottoman and surrounding floor - No chance! Between the recliner and chair, again, No Luck! Checked the drawers and around the computer desk. Failed Again! Then looked in all those places again, with a greater concentration. Naturally, it was a failure once more! Then I got down on all fours with the torch... and there it was, snuggling up against the far wall right at the back!

The long picker-upperer retrieved the mobile, and I got back up with a surprising lack of difficulty for once? Smug-Mode-Adopted!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Eventually, I Started Computerising Sidetracked!
Went to make a brew, took a wee-wee and washed. I noticed how low the food stocks were in the fridge looked when I got the milk out for the mug of Thompsons Punjana tea. Not like me to allow the stores to get so low?

Ah, but I've got the Morrison order coming today via Amazon; that should replenish some comestibles in the fridge again? Started sorting the photos to the computer.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Replied to the Comments
From Billum and Tim.

Billum, from Ohio, sent a link to some words that might be of interest. He was right!

The interrobang is a new word to me! As were many others too! Hehehe! 

Thanks, Billumski!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Health Checks Sorted

The SYS figure soared!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amazon-Morrison Order Arrived
What a Farce!

The deliveryman rang the mobile, he could not get in. I advised him to ring 0000 on the keypad, which the chap did, and I heard the Nottingham City Homes Controller telling him to ring 72 on the panel... This is the panel that is showing the 'FAULT' message! 

I think they should know by now after weeks of it not working??? The man told the operator he would do that... I told him I'd come down to let him in - ARGH! I saw it was the deliveryman who came a while ago and left all the parcels in the foyer, refusing to bring them up to the flat! I had to struggle up with them, one at a time! Leaving the others to the mercy of any Magpies. It took me over an hour and a half to get them up and into the flat! That did me no good at all! I feared a repeat!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A Stroke Of Good Luck Saved The Situation!

Pamela, I think, the late-arriving Care Worker arrived. And I was so glad she was late and saved me so much hassle and pain, Bless Her!

No messing about, she got the bags to and into the lift cage in a flash. Managing a bit of social chit-chat and putting up with my moaning about the Nottingham City Homes controller's attitude in not giving the man entry to the lobby. Surely he must know the situation with the knackered intercom? 

I thanked the Carer, Pamela (I think), for her rescue and assistance. She sorted out the medications and found a minute to have a chinwag with me, Bless Her cotton socks. ♥ Good fortune doesn't visit me very often, but when it does, it makes it all the sweeter!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I Got the Fodder Stored Away

Not so much this week again, then?

Wholemeal cobs, mini swiss rolls, Marmite Flatbreads, Twiglets, and some short-dated Milk Roll bread that had gone up by 25p!

Washing up liquid and bleach. Mackerel in chilli sauce, Chilli Con Carne soup, Garden peas. With Sterilised milk, Fresh clementine juice, and some Posh Perry, thank you for my helpers who go the extra mile with as mile!
Some cheeses for Jenny and Josie. Surimi sticks and grated Leicester Cheese.

By gum, I live well!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A brew and Photos of the View

To the left.

Straight below.

Cavendish Vale.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hristine, my Vampire Angel Arrived!

Ah, it did the heart good when Hristina came to take my blood sample!

I cheered up instantaneously when I recognised her, with her pulchritudinous, worth a million, twinkling, beaming smile! ♥ If I was forty years younger again, my loins would have been girded. Too late now! Hehehe!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Onto CorelDraw - Graphics Needed

Hours spent making mistakes, forgetting where I'd sorted part made graphics update later, wee-weeing, fighting with Saccades Sandra to see what I was doing, making brews, and getting into a mental pickle! Managed only a couple, still enough for tomorrow.

Hogglebogsworthyness!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Mechanical Pencils Arrived Via Amazon

They'd been posted through the door. Unfortunately, the letterbox was not really wide enough, but that didn't stop them; the package was crushed to get it through, and the box of mechanical pencils burst open, breaking some of the pencils. I am a lucky bugger, ain't I?

Crunglebungs!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Waste Bags Sorted off to the Chute

Accifauxpas!

Putting the bags into the cantilever... the cast iron, cantilever... I trapped the knuckles on the right hand. I did larf! Well, I didn't really.

A few moments of quiet cursing, gritting of teeth followed with relief that there were no cuts! With the INR level now on 6.1, I must avoid nicks and scratches if I can, else I may bleed to death. On a more cheery note, though, I have a lower chance of having another stroke or heart attack. But the Diabetes, Duodenal Donald, Peripheral Neuropathy or Anne Gyna might get me instead? 

♫ Always look on the bright side of life... ♫

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Got the Nosh Served Up

Flavour Rating 7.5/10

I was well-pleased with the taste of the pickled cucumber. Strong, but not too much. What let it down was the tasteless new potatoes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Settled To Watch A Euro Match

Zzzz... The body and mind gave in to an hour of much needed Sweet Morpheus's attention!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Whoopsiedangleplop!

The door chimes rang out, stirring me into semiconsciousness. It was a little early for the carer, and I assumed it was Josie returning the plate and tray from yesterday's meal I served up for her... Once, yet again, she'd woke me up! Josie does this every week, without fail. But she can't help it: I think she has dementia worse than I have, bless her. But somehow, I'm aware of mine. I sometimes think it would be better not to know? But I'm not sure. 

By the time I most reluctantly got up from the £300, second-hand, c1968, horrendously grungy coloured, eyesore of a haemorrhoid-testing, unfit-for-use, recliner, and looked through the peep-hole in the door. I could see Josie's door closing. Bless her!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I Stayed up, waited for the Carer

I think Eliska, a nice gal, always seems surprised when I want to talk to her. She responded better today, might be a bit shy? Or not. Soon got the medications sorted for me. Anyroad, I told her to help herself to a thank can of plonk on her way out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Couldn't Get Back To Sleep Fancy that!

I did my best to get back to sleep, but Josie had done it again. Hahaha!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Updated An Old Ode, I Did Months Ago

Called it Coronavirus Calypso. Here's the link:

https://tgc-gerry.blogspot.com/2021/06/inchies-coronavirus-calypso.html.

A bit of silly fun. I think I forgot to post it. Indeed, it needed a lot of editing, so I can't imagine I posted it earlier in that condition. 

It relates to the start of the lock-down, so I added a verse or two at the end to sort of update it. Hope it gives you a smile or two... maybe even three? Haha! Posted it off to Blogger and emailed the link.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 Finished This Post Off!

It was amazing how long it took me. Hours, and I only had a small bit to add to finish it?

Emailed the link for it and went on Facebooking for a while, not long; the eyelids were drooping now!

A Long Day!

6 comments:

  1. Great photographicalisations of my Beefeaterness and the fair HRH Lisa! Good likenesses and grand interpretational qualities kindly appreciated.
    I think the BP and such has registered a spurious value, perhaps tomorrow those machines will get it right. I shall give them overnight to get it right.
    Don't think I've seen a photo of Cavindish Vale before, a good addition to my mappish knowledge.
    OMG, 6.1 is a right-thin state of blood flowedness and no mistake. Be on the safe side until it reaches a saferish number.
    Starting to pay attention to the Delta variant of Covid. This is a virus that knows how to repair itself in a push to rack up more victimes. So I shall don the mask when visiting the general populace.
    Be safish, kind Sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew! Glad you liked it, Sir.
      The dang BP is back up again, well, it lies it in the red, Hahaha!
      I'm not taking any chances, Billum, it it flowed now... well, when would it end? Hehehe! Not sure why I laughed there? But I did again... Haha!
      Sensible to put on the mask, Sir. I try to remember to put one on when the nurses or carers arrive.
      Mind you, the timing scale for the medication giving had varied this last week; Mornings from 06:55 > 09:15hrs, evenings from 17:15hrs > 19:45hrs. The morning one hass not arrived yet today 08:08hrs.
      Ah, well, to more important stuff; How is HRH Lisa and yourself doing? Medicationally speaking.
      Be careful both! ♥

      Delete
  2. My Covid mask has renditions of Lil Bub, who unfortunately died of complications of her condition a couple years ago.
    https://youtu.be/ekKUmaL2R2g

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice your vampire came by to cheer you up. I like the names I didn't know. Now I know, but have already forgotten them. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Me all-over with the memory, Tim!
      Cheers, Sir.

      Delete