Friday 11 June 2021

A Hobble Around Nottingham City Centre - Pictorially

 Friday 11th June 2021

Wilko, the Poundland. Left the camera card on the computer, so went to Victora Centre and bought a new one - How much was it? Please do to ask; I can't believe how much I stupidly paid! 





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Out onto Upper Parliament Street.




Seeing many maskless Nottinghamian's about today. Burger King closed down... 

Pavement Cyclists and E-scooters all over the place, and few attractive females, Tsk! All far too young for me. Grumph!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Further along Parliament Street.





Down King and Queen Street.

E-Scooters were galore!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Slab Square.




Got the trolley stuck in a rut. Haha!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

E-Scooter station aplenty


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Buses and Trams.



Even spotted an Ossifer of the Law out and about? A Gobsmacking observation!

These were within feet of the number 40 bus stop. But where? Haha!


Queen Street bus stop, at the end of my one hour tour of Nottingham.

Some people go abroad for weeks, you know. Of course, I'm not jealous. Oh, No!



Had to rush back to the flat cause the Carer is coming to dose me up. Next week a female Carer is coming - I'm not sure whether to be hopeful or scared stiff!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A Few Thoughts in Ode (Of sorts)

A trip to town is extracurricular,

Even when pushing some vehicular,

Too tyring to get nothing in particular,

Getting the trolley stuck, you feel the fool you are,

Hoping that some will prove adminicular,

It all felt so very unfamiliar,

And I felt ever sillier,

Bashed my elbow on the handlebar,

By the time I'd freed it, I was somnambular,

I'll not be keen from now on to be a rambler,

I'll stick ar being a superior bumbler!

4 comments:

  1. A much celebrated jaunt and accountery of Nottingham. I have never been one to enter a Burger King, memories of a Europe circa 1972 without American fast food monstrosities come to mind.
    Looks like there are as many escooters as pigeons, I vote for the pigeon. Escooters get the vote for biggest eyesore. Weather looks grand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By gum, I cam sharethy your opine on the jurger boints... erm, burger joints!
      Although, I did about 1962, have a few months of interest in the Wimpey in Nottingham. A young lady caught me attentions. They used to do that occasionally. Hahaha! Not often enough, mind, but there you are.
      T'were fine weather, Sir.
      Them dang-blasted E-scooters... Grrr!
      The carer tried to give me the wrong amount of Warfarin morning and night! (Different blokes) Humph!

      Delete
  2. Quite a bit of rubbish there at the Bus 40 stop. A sodden side is always there, is it not? No matter where you roam, you will find a not-so-fine rubbish bin to photograph. It looks like your new, if overly expensive? camers has taken some good pictures to go with this travelogue. Now, I am reminded me of my old Yashica Mat 124G Twing-Lens reflex camera that still rests in a closet. I should get it cleaned and oiled, that's what. Ain't doing any good in that dark close, is it? Hey, I could take pictures of HRH Lisa with a refurbished 124G. Now there's a thought.
    Billum, signing off once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THere is a wonderful thought Sir Billum. THen I could use the clear, distinct newly refurbished mouthful of a name camera photographicalisations, for graphicalisationing. Hahaha!
      Well thought of!

      Delete