Sunday 30 May 2021

Saturday 29th May 2021: Inchies Graphics & Photographicalisations & the odd Ode


HRH Lisa - I'd love to make her a brew!

Saturday 29th May 2021

Esperanto: Sabaton 29an de Majo 2021

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Woke, made tea, not a cappuccino,

The mind was all over, too & thro,

Stubbed my toe, I swore fortissimo,

Then I remembered something, though,

The Carer calls today; panic to plough!

Tried to concentrate, but I didn't know how!

Today looks like being a cow,

But I must get through it somehow!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mind control I lost long ago,

There is little smoothness in my mental flow,

Strom Thoughts seem to always echo,

But with helpers, I'm not going solo,

I hope, nae... pray, I can cope,

But it won't be for long, no hope...

After the visit, I may mellow,

I am a dope, a silly old fellow!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Enough of this rambling blarney,

I'll make a mug of Gengettie tea,

See how I feel, then I'll see...

How vascular dementia is affecting me,

Will the day torment me, to a lesser degree?

Or will it be all confusion and panicky?

I expect clarity and logicality,

Both to an abscondee!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Updated and posted the blog off

Took me about two hours to do,

But I wasn't feeling particularly blue,

I made and missed mistakes aplenty, too,

I wonder if it would help using Voodoo!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Woke Up with Colin Cramp in the Toes

Look at the estate of the toes you see on me,

Yet after a few minutes, no worry,

Colin departed in a hurry!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Health Checks - Be Amazed!

I was so amazed, I nearly had a heart attack! Hehehe! 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Got the Part-Ablutioning Done

For the period of the carers coming to ensure I take the medicines correctly, for a week or two, I imagine; means 0700 and 1900hrs, they will be calling on me, starting this morning.

This is going to be a messy job, trying my concentration, faculties and memory! I've planned to try and get the Shaving done early, have a quick wash and do the teeth before they arrive. When done, I can have a shower then. Convoluted with me having to get dressed and undressed again, but it seemed logical reasoning to me at the time; we'll see how it goes. I foolishly and unthinkingly put the long bamboo diabetic socks on after shaving. What a clot! As if it wasn't tricky enough to get into them, now I'll have to get out of them and back into 'em again when I have the shower! 

At least the shaving went well, a few dropsies, but not a single cut or nick! 

There haven't been any summoning to the Porcelain Throne yet? That's a bit worrying!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The 7o'clock Carer Arrived

He had to ring me on the landline because the flat's Intercom was still not working again. (Well, fancy that!) I grabbed Metal-Micky and went down to let the lad in. It was difficult to hear what he was saying, even when I put in the hearing aids. Tsk!  We found that carrier with the medication and paperwork in.

The chap wet through a Q&A routine, and it seemed to me that he wasn't too content with the way things were going. He'll be a Morning Carer for the medications, he told me.

Of course, now I have to stay up until 19:00hrs, for the evening helpers, arrival. Hey-Ho!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ablutioning Session - Mark Two

I got the socks and clothes off. Had a darned good shower session, without any stubbed toes, knock or tumbles. Smug-Mode-Engaged!


Although getting back into the long bamboo socks was not easy or painless. And the pain-gelling and Germoliding was a real effort?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Grappling with getting rid of the boxes.

I got the microwave out of its delivery box, split some other boxes up, and filled a couple more. Got them on the three-wheeler.

It was a heck of a job to get them safely to the lift.

I say lift because once more, one had broken down and was out of action. 👎

Also, when I got down to the ground floor lift lobby, the lights seemed a bit dim?

No sign of Robert the caretaker yet. I assumed I might be too early. So I deposited the bags and boxes near the bottle bin.

Then started to walk up Chestnut Drive to the Wardens cells.

Whoopsiedangplop!

I realised far too late in the day that it was a Saturday, not a weekday. I felt such a fool!

I searched frantically for excuses... Well, having the carer arrive may have thrown out my inner clock? The medical team never come at the weekend... No denying it, my vascular dementia is my only attenuating circumstance... but I really did feel discountenanced and flustered, all the same!

I had nosey at the completed emergency panels on the wall in the lobby.

Then in the lift and back up to the flat.

At least I'd remembered not to leave the bag of donations in the boxes I had intended to take them to the office for distribution (Just some books and DVDs). But good old VD had sent me on the mission on the wrong day. Grumph!
It came back in a few minutes later... then...

Got on with the blogging...

I spent a couple of hours making error after mistake, and Blogger buggering me up by changing the formatting, then...

Another half-hour wasted, and back online again... for five minutes!

So, I went onto CorelDraw, doing what I could without needing the internet in advance.

Porcelain Throne - Failure!

I thought things were going to move in the rear-end department... But, no! Had a go at the crossword book, picked my nose, sang a song, passed plenty of wind... but nothing moved!

On the bright side, I got the socks off, and the feet were looking in fine form!


Mind you, saying it so casually, "I got the socks off..." It was absolute agony doing so. Tsk! 

Nosh Pepped, served and eaten!

Fell Asleep

Woke.

Fell Asleep

Woke.

Updated this blog, PM Carer due anytime now...

The chap arrived, soon got the mecications sorted, and he was off - But, I could not nod-off to sleep for hours. The change in the hours are doing me no good at all, but, can't be helped.

Fell Asleep

Woke.

Fell Asleep

Woke.

Fell Asleep

Woke... Humph!

.

.

7 comments:

  1. Excellent vitals. A stubless shower. Things are looking up besides your Internet. I still think you need a new service and Internet modem, but you would need a tech to install and set up everything for you. Decent looking meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wot an outstanding BP result, a few more numbers like that and you'll be ready to start training for the Olympics — perhaps obtaining a Gold Medal or three in gymnastics. Might as well make the dreaming worth the while, that's what Billumski recommends. :-)
    Going out with the refuse, only to return by the same path, is a proper kick in the rear quarters. At least you had books and DVDs to contribute.
    I like those intervals of Fell Asleep and Woke. Sound like Lisa's sleep pattern today, That photo is a grand one, innit? Speaking of cups (even though we weren't speaking of cups), Lisa has a grand collection of cups. I shall have to take a photographicalisation of those tea/coffee/espresso cuppas.
    Press Release: Lisa has convinced Billumski that I should be including my sketches on my blog, including some annotations about the peculiar characters sketched. I like to use the back of a used envelope for the "canvas". I find it a good way to repurpose those envelopes that would otherwise be tossed. I must now follow up on that idea by grabbing the last envelope rescued from the wastebasket.
    TTFNski then, kind Sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Billumski:
      Olli Limpics, here I cometh! I could be in with a chance on the dropping mugs putt shot?
      I just thought of a funny graphic idea, Billum; Cups onb a tray, with HRH in the background giving you the finger, photo please?
      You realise this may (HRH does) be fame at long last!!!!! Sketchingly speaking, Piccasso would appreciate them, mate!

      Delete
  3. Hey there, kind Sir! Methinks I'm off to a good start with sketch number 1:

    https://billziegler1947.com/2021/05/30/repurposing-the-back-of-an-envelope/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got this dang message when searching Billum; "Your search - https://billziegler1947.com/2021/05/30/repurposing-the-back-of-an-envelope/ - did not match any documents." Humph!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just tried again in Google, GORRIT!
    Artisticalisationing is you forte!

    ReplyDelete