Tuesday 29 June 2021

Tuesday 29th June 2021: Diary, graphics, photographicalisations, and the odd ode.

 Tuesday 29th June 2021

Two TFZer Oz Gals on the Beach

 - - - - - - - - - - - -

There's not going to be much in this blog, folks. A busy day ahead. (Planned, at least) I hope the carer comes early to get the bus to Morrisons for the bread, treats, leeks and potatoes, and other sundries.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Then get back in time for the England v Germany match in the Euros. Not that I honestly have a lot of faith in a victory, but there is a possibility... I hope, of an England win? MY EQ tells me we will win? Can he be wrong for the first time? I do hope not! I'll most likely fall asleep at half-time and miss the second half! We'll see.

Of course, if the carer is three hours late again, there will have to be another enforced change of my plans for the rest of the day. Tsk!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wee-wee, Kettle on and did the Health Checks

Damn it, the Blood Pressure was back up again. Ah, well, can't be helped! But, on the other hand, I imagine that the three-hour late given medications yesterday morning might have played a part.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Porcelain Throne Visited

I anticipated another struggle again. But no! All very smooth, although a little messier.

While I was in the wet room, I got the Ablutions tackled. In case the Carer came early... Oh, dearie me, what am I saying?

Then washed a long sleeve t-shirt, done, rung and hung it over the sink.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Waste Bags, Photo & a Brew

Waste bags made up. Placed in the box on top of the walker-guide trolley.

Photo of the late morning view.

No Carer yet, but it is early for them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Carer gal ♥ arrived, sorted me out

Rushed about to get the bus on time to Morrisons. Fingers crossed!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Route to the Bus Stop

Along the passageway to Winwood Court and the ILC's Holding Cell, and I managed a chat with ILC (Independent Living Coordinator),  Oberstgruppenfuhreress, Warden and Ballet Dancer, Deana. Unfortunately, carer Nichola passed, and we had little laugh between us.

Right made my day that did! 

Off to the bus stop, where I had another gossip with Christine, Jean and few others. I do love a verbal get together. Took a couple of photos, Winchester & Winwood Court


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bus Ride To Morrisons

The pains from the ticker were easing off, but the sin was looking welmish a cadaverous pallor. I expect it to gain some colour as the day goes on - I hope so!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Morrison Shopping - Accifauxpas!

I looked at the timetable for the L19 bus, 50 minutes past the hour. (Hehehe!) and decided I could get the stuff and be out in time to catch the next bus home.

I got carried away and bought far too much fodder, but I wasn't bothered in the slightest at the time. I just wanted to get home in time to watch the football match. I had a funny turn at the check-out; a chap came to ask if I was alright and tell me I looked terribly ashen! Thanked him for his concern. Feeling a little better as I did so.

I left the store with the walker bag packed, and two large carrier bags hanging on the handles!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

To The Bus stop Whoopsiedangleplop!

What a dunderhead! I'd got the time wrong for the bus home earlier. It was 40 minutes passed, not 50! Hence, I missed it, and the next one was due in an hour! Humph!

What to do?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I decided to walk into Bulwell -Fool!

It was a decent walk, and it was cluttered with the damned Escooters!



The feet were stinging, I had hobble faster than was really safe, then Back-Pain-Brenda started to play up. Eventually, having avoided being knocked over a couple of times, I arrived in Bulwell Front Street.

I had to abandon my belated plan to buy a watch strap, as when I got in the Market Place, there were only a few minutes to spare before the bus departed, so I made for the platform.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Knackered Out, I got on the Bus

When I took off my Andy Cap and put it on the Trolley guides basket top, the sweat partly filled the grey tray and ran down my head into the neck area - most uncomfortable!

Whoopsiedangleplop!

But worse was to come... The wild ride of the old single-decker bus, the jerking and bouncing over the speed bumps, started poor old ailment Back-Brenda off again, and it was agony; I had no painkillers with me either.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Back To Winwood Heights

After the hour-plus uncomfortable ride back to the flats, I was not in very good shape physically or mentally, I'm afraid.

I took it steady; on the way home, Back Pain Brenda was not getting any better. Limping through the connection passage twixt Winwoo and Woodthorpe Courts.

I did stop to take photos of the overgrown weeds that had taken over the grass area in the rear seating benches area. They might be weeds, but they looked so beautiful.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Passage, Lift Up to The Flat



I got the Morrison things sorted out, opened a carton of orange juice, and sat down in the £300, second-hand circa1968 recliner.


 Took off the trews, pain-gelled the feet, knees and back as best I could. Got the football match on the TV and treated myself to an ice-cream lollipop. Then, I was just too tired to do anything else. I fell asleep at halftime.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Carer Jane Arrived

She watched a little of the game with me, and we gossiped a bit in between. Nice gal. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And What A Result!


So, my EQ was correct again in his forecast! This is too much joy for me, you know... First, France going out (Divine Bliss), now England win.  
Finally, to end a 55-year wait for a knockout tie victory over Germany! Grrreat!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

UpDated This Blog

It took me hours to catch up to here.

Made a meal, braised steak in rich onion gravy, and some spuds and peas added.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Got this Diary ended & Posted

Not sure what happened afterwards? But I woke up several hours later, not even remembering eating the meal?

Ode To The Day

A day full of abnormality,

Little if any practicality,

Nowt to make me feel jaunty,

France losing brought some merrity,

Beating Germany, great gaiety,

Whoopsiedanglepops being in the majority,

Oh, I've just managed a wee-wee,

There's a reason for some glee?

Shit! Stubbed my toe, silly me!

- - - - - - - - - - -

Palmed in a haze of instability,

Which may appear to be stupidity?

By the losing reality, Inchy,

Likely, it's his worst ever ditty!

4 comments:

  1. A packed day most certain. Congratulations on the England trouncing of Deutschland, the event that crowned Tuesday. The BP might just be staging a betterer number in the morrow, hopeth Billum.
    40 MINUTES PAST THE HOUR. Dratarama.!! Well, yer did get in a little exercise in the process, so that is a silver side to that thunder cloud, mate!
    A little gossip and sharing part of the game with Jane, a good combination.
    Wednesday rapidly approaches. Stayeth Safeteth, Cockereth!!
    As repost Billums
    Yer have a grand way to bring the concern of onlookers with that ashen skin. Hey, I've been there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Billum,
    Not so good this Wednesdayeth morning. Hazy, confused. Sorry.
    Aha, you findeth the Silver-lining content! Well spotted!
    Being a fellow 'Ashen-Skin' displayereth, I thought you my understand. Hehe!
    I'm struggling here to get the brain and body activated this Wed morning, grim,
    My carer is due, whether it be a her or him,
    Of course, I could visit the gym?
    The brain is full of mixed scrim,
    Hopes of coming out of it, are slim,
    The light at the end of the tunnel is getting dim,
    Thoughts Storm interrupt me, verbatim!
    Found wishes for HRH and yourself, Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are the EQ man. I think the team should hire you to give them good vibes. That was nice that Jane watched and bit and had a nattering bit of gossip with you. Nice you got out, but the bus ride sounded awful. From the And Cap shot it looked like you were the only one on the bus getting tossed about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tim, Hope all okay over there, Sir.
      She's not been back to since, Tim. Tsk! ♥
      As I recall, Sir, there were only about five other passengers used this bus. As the NCH said; 'Use it or lose it!' Terribly painful to use it, but without it, no way of getting to Bulwell. Fingers crossed, mate.
      Cheers, keep safe!

      Delete