Monday 28 June 2021

Monday 28th June: Diary, graphics, photographicalisations, and the odd ode.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Good Morning!

Morning Thoughts

In terrible Rhyme

Finding the will to get up was a bit of a fight,

Catching my balance was a fright,

I'd got the shakes and wobbles, alright!

Felt an itch. Have I got a parasite?

From worrying there is no respite,

Still, today, I hope for some delight,

But of course, the chances are finite,

Another night with no moonlight,

I should be cheerful, with hindsight,

But there's not much of that insight,

Passing on the Throne is quite tight,

More dangerous than dynamite!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Monday 28th June 2021

Stirred Back to Imitation Life...

0515hrs: Woke up, fought off the desire to go back to sleep (It wasn't easy!)

Finally, caught my balance after struggling to free my bolus-shaped belly from the second-hand, £300, second-hand recliner.

I nearly went over. (Phew!) 

Got the spuds in the crockpot...

These Iceland potatoes are famous this season for their blight, cracked skin, and selection of funny faces. Hehehe!

I investigated what seasonings were available to add to the spud in the bowl.

There were indeed no shortages of options. I went for a drop of liquid smoke and some roast chilli. I'm not sure why cause one cannot taste them after they are cooked? Or is it just me?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Looking a little glum outside

Got the kettle on and took these shots of the rather drab looking morning views from the thick-framed kitchenette window.

Made a brew of Glengettie... and the need to use the Porcelain Throne arrived... However, it turned out to be a false alarm?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tackled the Health Checks

And what an absolute super-duper set of figures were recorded!

Blood pressure down to Pre-High for only the second time ever! Into Smug Mode.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Porcelain Throne Second Visit

When I'd got settled on the raised seat, I could sense this time; things would move - but it was a long, patient, crossword puzzling time before any activity matured. Tsk! 

At least I did a bit better with the crossword puzzle this time while I spent ten minutes awaiting some activity from the rear end...

Once the evacuation began, so did the pain. Arghh! Well, it was nearer agony!

Insult to injury, it was a right and proper messy affair. Requiring much cleaning up and medicationalisationing! 

Yes, the Germoloids for Harold's Haemorrhoids, that was okay, no bother...

The Phorpain gel, nae fuss.

But the Daktacort, Oh, dearie me! Little Inchie wasn't too pleased either. Ugh!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Computerisationing

And what a farce. I'd forgotten how to do some things, made a mess of changing the default page, Blogger kept changing my formatting all the time, and I can't find one of my SD cards! I gave up because I was not getting much done and working myself up over my failures.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Waiting For The Carer To Arrive

If the carer comes early enough, I'll try to get the ablutions done quickly, then catch the bus or walk down to Sherwood... Ah, No! Soddit! I've got the can opener being delivered today from Amazon. Huh, stuck indoors again!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Carer has not arrived Yet?

Oh, dearie me!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Computer off - Waste Bags Collated

The box on the trolley is now getting full, and there are more to add later.

Whoopsiedangleplop

I thought being active would calm the ticker down; it seemed to be racing away with my not having taken the Bisoprolol (Beta-Blocker) yet.

So, I set to and got the kitchen floor swept and mopped up. Not too bad a job was done...

However, partway through the job of sweeping and mopping, I had a zemblanity Accifauxpas!

The base of the long-handled dustpan, bent as I leant on it, and is now broken, and the handle bent. Tsk! I squashed the waste bags down in the box on the trolley and got the broken plastic and distorted handle crammed in it.

This idea of cleaning up was beginning to get a smidge dangerous. Hehe!

Sister Jane rang as I was finishing off the mopping. So we had a natter until her Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G, Qualcomm® SM7225 Snapdragon 750G 5G mobile phone with its Quad Camera, and 24GB RAM mobile lost its signal.

Jane rang back, and we resumed the three-way conversation with Xyrophobia sufferer hubby PetePete joining in. Until Jane heard a knocking noise and thought it might be the carer at the door, so we parted. Ending our chinwag rather abruptly.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

09:10 Hrs: Approx

Still, no Carer arrived. So I got on with a lousy stand-up wash, cleaning teggies, shaving and medicationalisationing session. Then I got the made in Pakistan long-sleeved blue checked thick shirt hand-washed.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Made Inquiries about the Carers absence

First, I thought I'd ask Deana what I would do under the circumstances I'm in. The call was diverted. So mayhaps ILC (Independent Living Coordinator), Obergruppenfhüreress and Lap-Top Dancer Deana, is away on holiday. Or perhaps at a big meeting? Maybe she has been sent to another complex elsewhere as absent staff cover?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So, I called Meridian

A cheery voice, almost singing, replied, "♫ Yes, we're running a little late!♫ I'll call her... (the rest not heard). Ah, well!

Got the things to put ready to use.

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Cleaned the Electric Fire Area

I got down on my knees with the bucket of soap and cloths and gave it a good scrubbing and was pleased with the result.

However, the joy was short-lived.

The job of getting back up onto my feet was a mammoth, painful, nae, excruciating task. That took me a long time and many failed efforts!

Which brought on a Smug-Mode, when I eventually got up. Hehe!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Aha! Carer Natalie arrived! ♥

11:00hrs: Lovely to see her! She apologised for being so late and got the med's sorted quickly,  so I got my belated Beta-blocker. 

I'm sure it was not her fault. We managed a natter while she did her thing, and she left with a thank you gift, in good spirits.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Minutes Later, Nurse Hristina Arrived ♥

By gum, I'm doing well for pulchritude here today! Hristina was pleased that the builders were making more car parking spaces. Bless her, she has struggled again today to get parked up! We had a chinwag while she took my blood sample. Which made my day!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Minutes Later the Amazon Delivery came

The Box. The Carton. The blood!

I'll need some help in setting this one up.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Did Some Updating

Feeling a little drained now. So, I'll get something to eat, then sit down in hope of getting snooze in.

Smashing chicken chilli meal.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Marvellous, I nodded off watching the Croatia v Spain Euro Match!

I woke up with a jump and desperate need of a wee-wee around 18:40hrs, and I lunged for the NWWB (Nocturnal-Wee-Wee Bucket), and as the flow shot out like from a hose pipe...in came the evening carer, Carol.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Embarrassment Par De Excellence!

The carer pulled back from the doorway... but I'm sure I heard laughter? Hehehe! I'm only joking! The gal was amazed at how late the morning visit was. We managed a mini-natter while she did the medicationing.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Computer Back On

I washed the pots and got on with updating this post. And got it posted off to blogger.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Evening Ode Sorry about this!

Head down at long last,

Full, content after my repast,

Today has been a turmoil blast,

A wonder I didn't need a plaster cast!

The errors, mistakes were all vast,

On the Porcelain Throne, I was nearly gassed!

The stomach has acquired even more ballast,

Today's Whoopsiedangleplops, can't be surpassed!

Hello, my past life just shot past?

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

This wos rote by Gerald ChamBers (78, but with the body of a 95-year-old). Orfer and poeticist, in one of his regular 'Out-of-it' seshuns, after an overdose of Whoopsiedangleplops aNd Accifauxpas.

TTFNski



2 comments:

  1. Methinks that the rhyme pattern for ode one is AAAA. Ode two looks like an A as well, but what the hell, I am going to call it BBBB. Far as I can tell, yer gets at the same place, does you not?
    Zemblanity is quite the serviceable wordlet, team a zemblanity with its opposite and you gets yerself some interesting possibilities. Now I shall call it AAAA vs. BBBB.
    By gum, you use the same ordering system for spices that we employ. What I should do is isolate the ones that absolutely never ever get chosen, then arrange the tothers alphabetically. A cunning plan?? (interrobang again), I just can't seem to use the ?! enough. But wot is an !? ? Wer weiss?
    A great pair of gals: Natalie and Hristina. A good and dandy way to start a week. Actually, the tremendous BP number could team up with Natalie, Hristina, ?!, und so weiter...
    Taketh the besteth careth, Sir!
    Sayeth Billumski.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My confusion reigns on, und weiter.

      I search in Odes, for words that might fit,
      And fail sometimes, that hurts a bit,
      Most times really, but being a Brit,
      I try to cover things with wit,
      I get away with producing _ _it!

      Hristina and Natalie, ah, my lightning cheerer-upperers,
      Of beauty and happiness-boosters,
      That reminds me, I must medicate me new blisters!

      Todayeth, Wednesday, I'm confused more than ever, Sir. Forgiveth?
      Better thanwaking to cicadas and roosters. Hehehe!

      Delete