Thursday 27 May 2021

Inchies Day: Wednesday 26th May 2021 - Ode, Graphicalisationings. Photographicalisations, some local news, and a deep regret!

 What do you get from a politician with dementia? - The truth?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

TFZers - But what are they up to? Hehe!


Looks like Gerry wants to move in?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wednesday 26th May 2021

Italiano: Mercoledì 26 Maggio 2021

Woke and had a wee-wee,

Then, to the Porcelain Throne, you see,

It was messy again, but bleeding free,

Washed, the kettle on, and made a Glengettie.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Health Checking Done

Not so good today,
Not by a long way,
BP shot up; I hope it doesn't stay?
The Pulse at 91 got carried away,
A worrying start to Wednesday,
Off to make a brew, I hit my knee on the doorway!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Whoopsiedangleplop!

The quilt on the computer swivel chair felt a tad uncomfortable. So, I shook it all about and placed it back over the seat, lumps levelled, and all looked okay... until I sat down when I got the mini Neuropathic Pete’s adventitious right leg Schuhplattler drop-something and flail-about dance. Just as I placed my over-bellied body mass on the cushion... It really should have been recorded; This would definitely have been a suitable clip for the 'You've been Framed' programme! 

I slid off, cunningly avoiding hitting my knees on the cabinet, rear end on the hard cushion edge, and 'Thud'. I landed on my rump, with Harold's poor Haemorrhoids taking the brunt!

Germoloid and an extra Codeine 60g were utilised. The piles took a while to stop bleeding. But it didn't bother me...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bootiful!

I took the medications back to the cabinet, and within perhaps ten-minute, as I cleaned things up, I took these four photographs of the morning sky... Amazing changes!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Cheering up a Smidge?.

It didn't last long...

I had a natter with my flat-mates!

After making the mug of Glengettie, I took this photograph of the car park below.

It seemed like a good idea, and of course, to keep my mate, for (MLitt) The Master of Letters, AAB: Associate of Applied Business, ASPT-APT: Academic Educationalist in Physical Therapy, Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Master of Computational Finance, Master of Science in Teaching (MST), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Associate Professor of the OSRCMA Ohio Red Car Monitoring Assessment (Financial Donations Accepted), Billum, to peruse at his leisure.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Results of perusing the local YourArea Emag!


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Grafting Away

I got the updating done and the blog sent of for yesterday. I sorted the photos to date and made an Amazon order up - it had to be done; I am desperately short on Glengettie and Thompsons Punjana tea bags!

Got the Ablutions sorted out in time to be ready for the Sainsbury order to arrive. Made a brew of Co-op 99 tea and got on with starting and updating this blog... Oh, yes!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Whoopsiedangleplop!.

The landline burst forth, and a lady with a Scottish accent spoke with me. But it was farcical, to say the least; I could hardly make out anything she was saying; it was challenging to understand her.

After about ten minutes of my asking her to speak slower, she did, momentarily. When she said something about booked for today... I thought it was the chiropodist ringing. I was too confused and thick in the head to work out what it was at this time... I checked on the calendar, and it was booked for next Friday... and told her...

Then we both realised we talking at crossed purposes. It was a lady from J Sainsbury, telling me the reason why they cannot deliver today! Of course, she had to say it to me at least five times, but I still didn't understand why they could not distribute the goods today!

After a long time on the telephone and the ladies talking back to babbling on too fast for my ears to catch things. Tomorrow was mentioned and heard! So, I assume that today's delivery will be delivered in the morning instead? Phew! Hard work that was! 

I hope they do not put my order in a fridge and not send fresh bread, vegetables and milk, in the morning - but the odds are they will, of course. A van or fridge unit broke down once before, and they threw my order in a shop store fridge and delivered it later. The ice cream had melted, the butter ran into everything else, and the bread was stale... 

Oh, dear, I'm fretting now!

.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Farcical Shopping Again!

I went to Sherwood, bus both ways today. To get some of the sausages that the Azan shop manager told me on Monday would be arriving yesterday. Also, the Co-op man told the porkies would have some more Jersey potatoes in stock. So, full of hopes and a pang of growing hunger, I got the recycling bag in hand and took the waste ones to the chute room.

I got down and to the bin, deposited the bags, and hobbled to the bus stop. No sitting down there, as usual: I didn't want the knees to stiffen any more than they were.


I took a photo of the courts as I waited. Chrissie and May were there to tell me off, I can't really remember now what about, but I'm sure there were a couple of things. Hehehe!

The bus arrived, and we were soon getting off at the bottom of Winchester Street. I made my way to the Ozan store. To find that the sausages had not been delivered yet. Humph! 

I got conned into buying some other sausages, frankfurters I think, and some mini chicken ones. White baps, Popkek lemon cakes, and some more of the pork slices.

I went up the hill, noticing that the Escooter were now on both sides of Mansfield Road.

I called into the Co-op store, but just bought some fresh orange juice, the potatoes were crap, and they didn't have any cream cakes or leeks in stock. Hey-Ho! Up to the bus stop after checking just in case the top charity shop had any bone-China mugs in - Nope!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On the bus and soon home!

I called in to see Deans, and she kindly rang the surgery for me to re-arrange the Warfarin blood test for me. It's for tomorrow sometime.

The receptionist told her if I can get out, while am I not going to the surgery for blood tests? Inchie in trouble again! Feeling down again then! Thanked Deana, and made my way to the flat.


Noticing the new bench between Woodthorpe and Winwood courts. 

.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Got in and put the few purchases away.

 Then checked the receipt from the Ozan store. The five items had cost me nearly eight quid? I investigated! Well, the sausages that the bloke conned me into buying almost £4, so fair enough.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Food calls to me!

I spent hours updating this post, up to here. But the weariness was with me, so I packed up, it was well past my head downtime anyway.

I seem to have lost the notes for what happened after this.

But somehow I got in seven hours sleep!!! I think...

7 comments:

  1. Yer falling skills are magnificent, Sir. Perhaps an improvement in balancing will gradually turn you into a super hero, all you need might just be the cape. :-)
    An excellent graphicalisation of our front room, depicted enormously well. Joe Biden has yet to notify us of our royalty maneuvers. As soon as he contacts us, we will call the Sherrif of Nottingham to arrange a flight to the Billum/Lisa Manor. We still have three (3) cats who are being fitted for garments of gossamer. They have been asking about a Marmite product concocted with a furry or three in mind.
    So far, we do not know if it is appropriate to ask that some of our cicadas be knighted. Me is thinking that a 17-year patient wait would deem them worthy of international attention. We have a good number of trees in this vicinity that are chocked to the top with eager cicadas that make music betterer than a bagpipe.
    Interesting tale about that Scotsman whom yer could not understand. I wonder how well my understandisationings would be. Got to be more fluent than my Klingon, most certain.
    Congratulations on that seven (hours) bestowed by Sweet Morpheus. So far S. Morpheus has not been as generous with HRH Lisa.
    Cheers from us at a point where Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana meet.
    Billum, Lisa, Sticks, Nibbles, and Frisky Dingo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the Caped Crusader, Billum? Haha!
      The furryies and Marmite - well, I had a cat years ago (well several), but Cyril was the only one I found to love Marmite. He appear from nowhere every time I opened the jar. I did love him and his odd antics.
      How odd you mention Klingons, mate, I watched a Star Trek movie last night... well, I did for about ten-minute... Zzzz!
      You morphed and multifaceted wordings brought a smile to my mush, again, I Fang You!
      Leading Lady, luscious Lisa, a brave gal. Braveheart Billum, and furries - Keepeth safe, and I'll see if I can email Mr Biden for you.
      Cheers.

      Delete
    2. As Walkerer-into's, Trip overers, Balance losers, and treader-oners go, I suppose I must be due some prize or other by now, Billum? How many Accifauxpas does it take? Haha!
      Last evening, I reckon I got another six hours in, mate! Smug-Mode-Engaged (Temporarily, of course)
      TTFNski

      Delete
  2. We forgot to mention about those two (2) red cars situated right next to one another. We are thinking of buying them in the event that J. Biden sends us to Nottingham for official diplomatic relations. We shall be looking for a For Sale sign (hopefully located atop the cars)
    :-)
    TTFNski,
    L&B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha,
      I'll keep my eyes out, but hearing aids in, Billum!

      Delete
  3. Wow beautiful sky shots. Dancing with the chair. I suppose if there are no stars around the chair's as good as anything. Good set of photos from our outing. No crazed eScooters trying to run you down?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank you, Sir.
      I rear the pavement cyclist and e-scooterers, Tim. Stuck indoors again now, no buses at the weekend, and medicalisational appointments are being made... well, rearranged. Haha!
      Keep safe out there in New Mexico!

      Delete