Friday 28 May 2021

Inchies Day - Thursday 27th May 2021: Odes, local news, Whoopsiedangleplops etc.

 New Game for Wrinklies... 'Hide & Sleep' Hehehe!

The TFZer Nine - Hidden?

Hahaha!

Thursday 27th May 2021

Welsh: Dydd Iau 27ain Mai 2021

The Behemoth's Rising!

The beasty bellied bugger, all alone,

Rose, and limped to the Porcelain Throne,

Hauling my body, like soft mascarpone,

On grab bar, I hit my shoulder bone!

Swore worse than Bugsy Malone,

The pain was bad, fire & brimstone,

I turned into a tenor, not a baritone,

Gooey, messy, I didn't half groan!

Not bad for an ageing Virgoan!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

HEATH CHECKS CHECKED

A bad one today, Oh, dearie me,

 This caused a feeling of ambiguity,

The pulse is growing aggressively,

Causing mental-mind anfractuosity,

Body temperature is running free!

Why is this happening to me?

Ah, well, I'll make a mug of Glengettie!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Picturing while making the brew.

An eerie shot I did view,

But better than I usually do,

Hello, another Throne visit is due,

Worse than the last one, messier too,

Off to the wet room, I flew,

Well, hobbled, flew's not true!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ablutions tended to smartly...

Some bleeding took place,

Shaving my face,

Eye drops in, felt like mace,

And stubbed my toe,

But the feet & legs,

To myself, I'm a menace!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

AMAZON TEAS DUE TODAY

Glengettie and Thompsons due today,

Looked on the tracker, how far away,

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sainsbury Order Arrives

The belated order came, a decent sort of chap the delivery driver put the things in the box for me. But my EQ told me that things were not going to be acceptable! He knew that the order that was to be delivered yesterday wasn't - was going to be stuck in a fridge over the day and night. Without anything being checked for sell-by dates! He was right!

The garden peas had today's use-by date on them! I reshaped the best unpasteurised French, expensive butter block back into shape.

The milk roll loaf had also got today as a use-by today date! What is Sainsbury's advert again? "Live well for less"? Humph!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

CROCKPOT UTILISED

Got the potatoes in the crockpot and seasoned.

I added the one day use-by dated J Sainsbury's garden peas later.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

HRISTINA ARRIVED

After over a year, my precious beloved Vampire Warfarin nurse Hristina arrived to take my blood sample for me. 

I cringingly apologised for not being in yesterday for her visit. She was very nice about it to me. This made me cheerier! ♥

A little chinwag and catch-up were had while she took my haemoglobin to test. Bless her!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

MATRON JACKIE ARRIVED! 

By gum, I'm doing well today.

Jackie gave me a lot of care and sorted out some more help on this visit, Bless her ♥.

She's suggested I try a service where someone calls morning and night on me. To make sure that I've taken the correct medications.

She checked on the BP results on the health checks, and Matron thought they were okay.

Then she spoke with the chemist to ensure the prescription would arrive on time before the last two days I have in stock ran out. They asked at first for me to go to collect them... again! After Julie spoke further with them, they said they would deliver them on Saturday. Thanks, Matron Jackie! ♥

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

WENT ON FACEBOOKING

But getting tired now - Poor of thing!

NOSH PREPARED

I got the nosh sorted out and served-up, earlier than usual, but with the Amazon coming so late with the teas and trays, I thought it best to eat now. A check on the tracker again showed that they were still at the same place en route?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A leaflet came through the door

It was from lying, snotty, overpriced SpecSavers about new hearing aids. Huh!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On to CorelDrawing

Then the Amazon man cometh.

I took a photo of the Glengettie and Thompson's Punjana tea bags...

"Unexpected Error Occurred' - Try again later!

So I did, eight times in an hour... Nope!

Gave up! Tried again in the morning, Gorrit!


Good evening!

4 comments:

  1. That's nice that your vampire finally got in for a bite and bleeding you. And Matron Jackie as well. That's like hitting the jackpot. Life smiles on your from time to time. Descent looking Dagwood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was spoilt rotten - and loved it, Tim!
      Cheers, Sir, thanks.

      Delete
  2. Blood Pressure looks pretty good, nice of it to stay out of the 170s. Thanks the BP machine things are getting slightly better. Fortunately, you had a Glengettie to help your state of mind...and had some more Glengettie (and Punjana) show up on today's order. Makes things righterer with the world. I am more the typical Ami, drinking coffee when the day gets anywhere close to Bleak House. But the house is, of course,
    far from there, by dint of a graphicalisation that included yerself, Sir. Lisa, on 'tother side is a fan of the tea leaf, unsweetened tea saves HRH's day without delay.
    Thanks for the arrival of Hristine (where the H did the C disappear to? Polish is mysterious are it not?
    I am noticing that markedly fewer customers are wearing masks. Vaccinations have gone well, so you don't have to worry about dropping dead before arriving at the cashier station. Things looking better is better than things looking worse — as a wise one once might have stated.
    So statedeth Billumski anyway.
    Cheers to yer days and ways, kind Sir!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carer coming today to give me the medications - all change in the sleeping pattern needed - and I am confused to the say the least. Please forgive the worry-ridden lack of detail.
      Sensible choice from HRH Lisa in the brewing stakes. Haha!
      I had been writing Christina, until Hristina pointed out the Polish spelling to me. An Angel much missed returned - Ah, Nice!
      We too have lesserer face-maskerers. As you may say: Better save than sorry. The Indian variant is nearly half of the new cases in Nottingham, so apparently the jabs are not so effective agin it?
      This morning my first 'Carer' visits, to help me get dressed and give the medications - Unfortunately, this is a temporary situation saideth the lady yesterday, a week to see how it goes, the reassessment. I think... I'm a little uptight and fretting this morning, sorry mate.
      Love to Lisa, and best wishes to all.

      Delete