Thursday 8 July 2021

Wednesday 7th July 2021: Diary, graphics, photographicalisations, and maybe the odd ode, to be told?

Three TFZers to find

Wednesday 7th July 2021

I Woke Up Late 05:35hrs
Well, that was an encouraging start to the day!

The brain had a positive reluctance, even an aversion to the idea of moving from the £300, second-hand, c1968 recliner. Somehow, I won the battle and got my elephantine-bellied body up and onto my feet. Wobbled off for a wee-wee - during which the brain decided it would be a good idea to get the hand-laundering done.

A proper international affair it was too.

Hand-Washed

The made in Afghanistan long-sleeved thick blue check shirt.

My Hong Kong made dark blue utility lounge pants/pyjamas; labelled as 28" legged but are actually over 36" long. Keep tripping over the bottoms, so have to roll the legs up a bit - Not mine!  The trouser legs, I mean. Hehe!

Utilising; Made in England, Wilko Liquid Soapflakes. Wilko Frangrance Boost (Excellent, you should try these!), made in China. And Cillit Bang drain unblocker, produced in Germany.

The International connection continued later, with the Health Checks and Medications!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Crock-Pot Utilised

I got some potatoes and the J Sainsbury extra-lean Beef Chunks in the slow-cooker. Huh! The beef was so fatty, I had to drain and clear the bovine tallow away three times during cooking, so much for low-fat! Grumph! Eventually, I got it looking edible (picture), added some Knorr beef stock, put it on hot, then turned down the control to a low setting.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Stand-Up Shower, Shave and Sh...

Not being able to use the shower (too noisy), I started to do a stand-up ablution session. As I dropped the toothbrush and paste on the floor, I had to divert to the Porcelain Throne - which was all of two paces away...

Ablutional nightmare

Luckily, very much so too, I'd no PPs on that needing dropping (Hahaha!). Which was just as well; else, I would have been in a right mess if not. I ended up in the right state as it was.  For the massive evacuation began immediately, well before I was fully seated on the Throne, actually!

So much flowed, long torpedoes, well, one giant one, chunky lumps and ending with a series of plop plopping from some meatball sized follow-ups.

What a heap of smouldering light brown, stinking, almost bubbling evacuated product filled the bowl to above the waterline! Tsk! As I expected, the flushing could cope with removing the content n the bowl. So, the unappealing task of using the toothed stick, to break things up, to encourage the pipework to accept its morning gift. Hahaha!

 After failed attempts to clear things, and more stabbing with the toothed stick, the content reluctantly disappeared from view, leaving a lot of bubbling coming back up to the surface!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Back To The Ablutionalisationing

I continued with the dropsies, but only two tiny nicks shaving. I had medicationing of poor old Harold's Haemorrhoids, went okay.

Getting dressed, although there were no tumbles, Accifauxpas as such. Nor did Neuropathic Schuhplattler dance kicked off; my balance wasn't too steady when I got the PP's then my trews on. Mmm?  Still, no complaints, really.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Health Checks Started

Aha, definitely betterer returns than yesterday!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Updated This Blog

With thanks to Herbert above's accompanying entertainment. Albeit banging, clunking and tapping noises, it was so nice to know and comforting that he had not yet kicked the bucket. Sarcasm Escapage There, Sorry!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Carer Arrived

Pamela, or Carole, I think was her name. She looked a little down with herself this morning. So I made an effort to cheer her up. Got the fresh medications out of the drawer. Told her about my job donkey's years ago at Angel Carers in Beeston. Did my best to make her laugh a bit. I hope she left happier after sorting me out. ♥

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blogging Away

I pressed on updating this blog. Swapping with other things, I was getting myself all confused, which is nothing new, of course! With thanks to Herbert above's accompanying entertainment. Albeit banging, clunking and tapping noises, it was so nice to know and comforting that he had not yet kicked the bucket.

Sarcasm Escapage There, yet again Sorry!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Leeks and Pod Peas Prepared

Whoopsiedangleplops & Accifauxpas!

I thought I was clever and cunning in my plans not to lose so many peas when I podded them. There are still ten or twelve peas somewhere in that kitchen that I'd never found dropping them yesterday) Smug--Mode-Instigated!  

I got two bowls ready and the saucepan that I was going to cook the peas in.

My strategy was: Pod from the full bowl, shell it over the second bowl, peas in the pan, and empty shell/pod dropped in the nearest bowl? 

This worked a treat to start with, halfway through, and only two peas dropsied! Well, no, that's a fib! About ten peas were lost, but I retrieved eight of them. Boy, was I doing well!

By then, I'd shelled them all; the absentees added up to about eight. Yes, I lost it a bit there! 

Undeterred, I got some of the baby leeks out to slice and put in the slow cooker with the meat and potatoes. Getting a bit cocky again, I did some more veg, but I did rush the job, a tad...

Still, fortunately, the old plasters were still useable.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So Late, Getting Tired Now

I cleaned up the mess made. Had a failed look for the absconded pod peas, Made a nice strong brew of Glengettie tea, returned to the computer. Herbert was having another go at his modelling, I assumed, chip, chip, rattle, bang, thud!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Forced Me To Go On...

I went to check on the meal and move it all into the saucepan. Hopefully, if I can stay awake for the football match, I can rewarm the beef chilli to eat simultaneously - but I'm not too hopeful. 

I took these snaps of the evening view first.

I'm still dubious as to if I should even watch the match tonight. With my record of falling asleep and England getting two of their best results in many a year... Then again, it is so late for me, I'll probably nod off again... Confusion is not a strong enough word to say how I feel about this! Should I not risk watching a match or not?

I got the fodder from the crockpot and added it to the saucepan of podded peas.

It looked good, kept it on a low light, and must check it later and turn it off. Cause the match is not on for another six hours yet. Then I cleaned the crockpot and put a few more potatoes in o a low light, in case I get the urge to nibble before the match started - Which I may keep awake to see, or I'll most likely nod off... but I might not. But should I be better off doing so? I don't want to risk my bad luck transferring to the players...

I've said that Denmark seems to be even more well organised as the competition went on. If England does lose, at least they can avoid the cheating Italians. Do the Mafia pay of the referees in the England games? I'm getting a haze coming on!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I Have To Get Some Sleep

Or there will be no chance of my staying awake for the England match. The evening carer is due in few hours, so I'll try for some time with Sweet Morpheus and see how it goes. 

Back in a while, I hope!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - -

Sweet Morpheus Denied!

Sod me, no chance of any kip! I gave up! The Thought Storms started, steadily streaming at me... a right mixed-bag of emotions!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Found Some News - Not Good!

Then:

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

SD-VD Faults Ode - Two

Tired, I waited for my carer,

Life has sometimes been fairer,

I gave in to depression, without a whimper,

The Darkness, will I ever conquer?

Or rid me of this stutter?

Or stop eating too much butter?

Or find anyone for a natter?

Not that it really does matter...

The worrying things are I'm getting fatter,

The flat is untidy, full of litter,

But this is all conjecture,

Sorry for the lecture!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Evening Carer Arrived

It was Pamela, I think, a nice gal. She looked a little tired, so I gave her a short tale of my Whoopsideangleplop in the QMC when I had the bladder cancer lasered and Hernia mended. Brought a wee smile to her face, which in turn cheered me up a smidge. ♥

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nosh

Got the nosh served up, a fair one all bar the Sainsbury beef chunks - they fell to bits and seemed to have a sort of fur in them? No doubt my culinary skills let me down here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Settled To Watch The Match

Great game! Extra-Time and I nipped to make a brew of Glengettie; I needed something strong to get over the great shock of England being the better team of the two. I don't think this win has sunk in yet?

I took these photos of the evening sky.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Back to The Match

Harrowing periods of extra time. Good heavens, England used up a lot of luck tonight. Not that they are not due some, after so many near-wins, close calls, and bent, Mafia backhanded referees have cost them victories in the bygone years. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Weary, Wasted, Tired- But So Happy!

Sweet Morpheus needed no prompting tonight!

2 comments:

  1. I am participating in the international foods and stuff by being on 'tother side of the ocean. :-)
    That pot of potatos and peas loked like a face t my weak eyes. But it is a hobby to look for such patterns. Finding faces in unecpected whereabouts is one of my hobbies, of course.
    Yer cannot always count on sweet morpheus to deliver a healthful kip, can yer?
    Well, it was nice of Sweet Morpheus to arrive without prompting. Thank youS Morpheus.could yer stop by with a kip for HRH LISA?
    Hoping for a thankful Thursday for all and each.
    Billum, duly reporting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Face pareidolia', is something that comes natural to me too, Billum. Haha!
    Sweet Morpheus can be a bugger at times, the swine! HRH is the poor expert on that!
    Your reportage was appreciated, Sir.
    Today (Thursday) the big test at the surgery for me. I'm a little peeved that they said they cannot deal wit 'any other concerns you may have' at this session. HRH and I have discussed the situation and both find it disgusting!
    Ah, well, must rush off to get the ablutions done, get dressed, and with time for me to check, recheck, treble check the flat and have I got all I need - I've done the sample in the vial ready to take with me. Gettign a bit tenses up now, fear of forgetting something.
    Taketh care both, love and bestest wishes.

    ReplyDelete