Friday 9 July 2021

Thursday 8th July 2021: Diary, graphics, photographicalisations, and maybe the odd ode, to be told?

 

TFZer Gal and Lad - What's Going On?



Thursday 8th July 2021

At the time of writing this, it was already gone 14:30hrs. So, this will be a shortened version, I'm afraid. Because I have to get ready for the carer, and sort out all the stuff for the severe frailty test tomorrow, sorry about this.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -  - -

Up at 04:00hrs, wee-wees rampant. Asked the carer later not to give me Furesomide, as I am going out to Bulwell on the bus to get some shopping in. I'll take it when I get back, which I did remember to do Amazing innit?

Ablutions done

Washed shirt

Got waste bags into the box.

Health checks were done.

Cleaning and replacing Ottoman tray.

Dropped it and made a right mess! Tsk!

Tea, updated blog

Porcelain Throne

Photo

Pots in Slow Cooker - Bags to Chute

Carer Nichole arrived, got me sorted

Got ready to go out.

Visited the Wardens En Route

Hehe! Hope no one takes this the wrong way, purely a bit of fun! Much later, I doctored these photos I took in search of giving them a laugh.

Out to Bus Stop.

Met Welsh William as he arrived

Looking rather dapper in his face mask! Natty, in a Mafioso style!

I had a natter with Welsh William, Chrissie, Lisa and Bert. I've probably got the names wrong, Tsk!

I took a snap of Winchester, Winwood, Woodthorpe courts

Caught the bus to Bulwell

An hours trip, and this affected Back-Pain Brenda and Haemorrhoid Harold pain-wise! Not many left on the bus. They all got off in Mapperley! Hehehe!

Morrisons Bulwell

I got in the shop feeling all achy from the trip. And started shopping, with a few minutes, Dizzy Dennis and Unfocussed Frank joined me. This took away any pleasure I was having.

A man and woman helped me get stuff from the bottom shelf and asked if I was alright. I guess I must have looked ashen again?

I threw a proper funny at the checkout!

A memory Blank. The card would not accept a swipe, and I had to use the pin number, which I could not remember as I recall it!  The man who helped me earlier was behind in the queue, and he came to assist me yet again.

I lost a few minutes altogether. Minutes later, I'm assuming I remembered or found the number. The chap was packing my carriers and bags for me? I then was on my way out and stopped outside to collect my thoughts.

The bus arrived earlier than I expected, got on, then realised this was the bus on its way to Bulwell, not going back to the flats - The driveress let me stay on and swipe my bus pass again when we got to Bulwell, for the trip back to Sherwood. I was battling to up with what was happening.

A few more folks on the bus on the way back. The trip was its usual pain-giving, jerky, over the speed-bumps at full pelt, enjoyability. They had all got off well before Sherwood.

An interesting photo above (well, maybe not). I'd found some podded peas in the trolley bag? I thought I'll snap these. It's not very often anyone finds peas in their pocket - Hahaha! I lose them at home plodding the peas and can't find many of them. Then find some in the bag, on the bus... and lose them all over again. Hehehe! I had to smile! As I took the picture, the bus bounced over some speed bumps, and I lost all three of them. 

I was the only person to get off. There were no others left on. I did a walk of the now open again, link passages...

Into Winchester Court, and through the link to the Windwood Meeting Room. Over Winwood Court to the Woodthorpe link-passage there.

Into the elevator cage in Woodthorpe Court.

I was so glad to get home. I gave you the thumbs-up sign and took a photograph of my reflection.

I did look a bit pale, didn't I?

You can see how full the trolley was as I got into the lift lobby at last.

The basket in front was full, two carrier bags filled to the brim, and the pouch was chocker block!

To be fair, there was not a lot of weight, though.

One carrier was overloaded with comfort food... Not for me, of course... Well, yes, it was! Walker's potato Quavers, salt & vinegar flavour (4 six-packs) and four (Six-packs) of Seabrook  Crisps, Worcester Sauce flavour.

Feeling guilty? Me? Hah! Well, yes, I was! 

Some cupboard purchasers, Chilli Beef Soups, well, I like them! And a can of peas.

Total cost; £29.71, not too bad?

Fresh food and cleaners: Citrus hard-surface disinfectant Spray (£1 off!) Some rather gorgeous looking fresh pod peas! Small new potatoes. Seafood Sticks (Two for £1.50!)  Wholemeal Pitta bread, a pack of Cooked thick-sliced, Genuine  Cumberland sausage meat. 

Of interest is the bottle of Hendersons Estd 1885, Strong & Northern Relish. Contents: Water, Caramel, colour, syrup, tamarinds, salt, cayenne peppers, cloves, garlic oil. 

Started to update this blog

Got the nosh eaten.

Flavour Rating: 8.5/10.

Carer Arrived

Ilea, I think. But the memory now I get around to updating this the following morning is vague, patchy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ODE TO THE DAY

This day was hard work, yet pleasurable,

Some moments, despicable, terrible!

Even had one spell when things were laughable!

Confusion reigned, times were confoundable,

My spirits, with guilt, were so downable,

A few incidents were unrecordable,

The Thought-Storms were untranslatable,

Late on, fatigue and feeling fatigable... 

But the evening meal was most quaffable!

In fact, it was extremely tasteable!

Evening All!

4 comments:

  1. The BP might have found a ceiling level at 150, according to Billum. Just prognosticating.
    Seven pots in a slow cooker pot: a very fine bunch indeed.
    Welsh William (a fellow Billum) had I not yet met. My regards go to him.
    Walker's Potato Quavers (while wondering what a quaver is) makes a good pairing with those seven pots waiting in the pot, do they not? That 8.5 rating is testimony methinks.
    Those mask wearers in the bus reminded me of the impact that the Delta Variant is making everywhere it appears, becoming dominant in three-quarters of a blink. Some are calling it Cvid 2.0, I see very few masked customers in the markey, looks like an invitation for more Covid carriers to make their mark clear as a transparent potato.
    May yer thought storms turn into welcome dreams, kind Sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as prognostigatialisationing goes, I fink your one of the bestest, Billum.
      Dideth you see any faces in any of the potatoes, Sir? One, in particular caught my eye - which is my fault for throwing it - Hahaha!
      Now, how can I describeth a sale & vingar Quaver without photos? Erm potato starch, very light, crispy, melt in the mouth and dang tasty, Billum! Well, I fink so, a weakness of mine, you know. Hehe!
      Well blinking heck, today the Emag reported that 90% of 1380 new cases in Nottingham, are the Delta!
      Todayeth, on my walk to the doctors, and a call in to Lidl's, a saw very few fols with masks on, I'm afraid, scary!
      Incidentally it did not go well at the test. I've already forgot a lot of what they told. Two nurses talking to you, can get you in a muddle. Luckily, I had a thought (I had one last year as well!), and asked the nurse towrite down all I have to remember. From which I now readeth: Referred to Falls Team by Doctor - REferred for someone to come and help declutter your flat and Memory test at surgery 11:30hrs, Friday 5th August with Nurse Ann. Boy, I'm so glad I asked her to write them down for me.
      Thanks for the goodlimost wishes, I shall sortly be trying to visit Sweet Morpheus... again. The best nes woul;d be to hhear the HRH Lisa, had attained some.
      Keep safeski. ♥

      Delete
  2. You legs are looking pretty abstract expressionist. Nice outing photos. I love the thumbs up in the lift. Great looking meal and good ode to end then day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Mon Ami, or should I say: Gracias Señor? (Might have got n wrong)
      The legs seem to have been calm lately, but they are making a comeback, methinks. Hehe!
      All the best to the clan. Cheers!

      Delete