Friday 24 September 2021

Friday 24th September 2021: Inchies Day, and sometimes the odd ode that might get slipped in!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thursday Evening

Microwave BBQ cob, a soft Danish blue portion of cheese, the las orange flavoured marshmallow, and some balsamic salt & vinegar crisps. A tired old man's supper. Haha!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

FRIDAY 24th SEPTEMBER 2021

I Woke, checked the time, 05:10hrs, and carried on repeatedly waking every few minutes, pondering about getting up and nodding off again.

After many false starts, at 06:20hrs, the need of a wee-wee forced my hand, so's to speak. And I rose from lumpy, uncomfortable depths of the £300, second-hand bought, c1968, nauseously beige-coloured, not-working, rusty, rickety, difficile, nocturnal nibbling crumb-covered tatty recliner. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ACCIFAUXPAS

The wee-wee was weak. As I turned with the bucket, to take it for emptying and sanitising, I lost my balance, due to the swollen feet, and was as lucky as I've been lately, and I have had some fortunate incidents the last few days; I managed to divert my elephantine stomached body into the swivel chair, as opposed to hitting the deck! Where I stayed a short while to regain my composure (such as it was).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

STARTED POTTERING

Made a waste bag, cleared the pots from supper, and got some potatoes in the crock-pot on a low setting.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PORCELAIN THRONE VISIT

The innards really fooled me this morning. I felt sure that this was going to be an evacuation under the control of Constipation Conrad; I got the crossword book out: I was wrong!

A sticky, gooey, steaming, stinky-poo dollop escaped into the bowl. It was the cleaning up that got to me. Or rather the length of time it took.

With a Carer due at any time, I had a heavy spraying around with the air freshener, just in case! Hehe!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ON THE COMPUTER

I made a brew of Glengettie Gold and got on the computer. Got the photos uploaded and on file and heard a voice...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

MORNING CARER ARRIVED

It was Valerie. Who informed me that the door buzzer-chime was not working. We exchanged salutations.

While Valerie was preparing the medications, I had a look at the buzzer. A new battery was needed.

Valerie, kindly said she would try to get one in Sherwood for me. That was beyond her duties - Bless Her! ♥ Val took the old battery to compare it with any she found in the shops. I gave her £3 in hopes that that would be enough.

See? I told you I was in the middle of a good run of luck! Started yesterday with Natalie helping out.

Thank you muchly, Valerie ♥.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

BLOGGING

I was doing this post, and I nipped into the kitchen to make a mug of Thompsons Punjana. Saw the odd hue outside, and I just had to take some snaps.

The shadows from the sun coming from behind the flats made an almost surreal aspect to the view, I thought.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PORCELAIN THRONE VISIT

Number Two - A Bad One!

An even slimier, clammier, sludgier, messier evacuation this time. With a lot of bleeding found afterwards. Streaky blood in the TP - indicating that Harold Haemorrhoids outer piles were the culprit and very sore things in that department they were, too!

Medicationalisationing required. And I took a GalPharm® capsule.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PRESSED ON WITH BLOGGING

Then visited the Comments section to see if Tim and Bill had 'wrote ote'. They had, I replied, and had another wee-wee.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

END CAR PARK SIT-REP

NO SIGNS OF ANY TELURIANS!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Oh, nearly down in the amber zone! Yes!

 A little betterer results from today.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NIBBLES TIMEE

Bacon and beans in black bean sauce. Slurp! 8.2/10!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

16:00hrs: Nodded Off

18:30hrs: Woke Up

Wee-wee - wash, Peptac taken, washed the trousers I was wearing. (I took them off first, mind you! Haha!)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Evening Carer Arrived

18:55hrs: No messing, in done, given a treat and shot off. Flash-Lightning!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Updated this blog. Emailed the link. Went on Facebooking. Caugt the last glimpse of the sunsetting. A rather sad picture for some reason to me?


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

SUDDENLY FROM KNOWHERE...

I was overcome with a dreich, disconcerted, discouraged, disheartened, downcast, demoralised, downhearted, despondent, disappointed, devitalised, desolate, downbeat, disgruntled, mentally drained, discontented, displeased, dithery, discommoded, discomposed, displeased, discountenanced, and into the darkness of depression!

No explaining why

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

TTFN

9 comments:

  1. A good photograph of meself and HRH Lisa. They must have installed a camera at the Hocking Hills State Park. Either way, the photo is on the internet. Hello Google!
    Nice, well-lighted phictures of the realm of Nottingham visible from Woodthorpe at 72. Looks like Autumn is on the way for a visit. Here too.
    The sun did a good job of setting, or, more accurately, stood in the same place in the solar system while the Earth rotated into darkness. You did not know that I was an astronomer of some very meager repute. Perhaps.
    There is something about the new parking spaces that makes them verboten for nearly any automobive Tellurians. What is the bloody mystery?
    The BP is quite decent in my most humble opinion (MMHO). Yesterday, at the vascular offices, I was awarded a BP with a SYS value of 106. Not entirely shabby in MMHO.
    Valerie of battery-helper note and a carer who must go unnamed it does appear.
    A simple but proper nosh for a Friday's plate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention that the CBS & FBI have installed the CCTV. Haha! Sorry about that.
      Autumnish indeed. Oh, dear, thoughts of winter returning.
      Astronomically ignorant me, Bill. Mathematically muted too.
      They couldn't park there yesterday, the entrance was blocked - not that there was queue of course. Hehe!
      106? I is impressed, Sir!
      Naming a disappointing carer, is not a good idea - she's a big gal, with tattoos. Hehe! I am hoping Valerie can get the battery, bless her for offering ♥.
      I was wondering what you TV programme was about, Bill?
      TTFN

      Delete
  2. Those are great photos from your window. Nice the carers are taking care of you. Great looking black beans and bacon. I remembered to check the notify me. I don't like the fact that I have to check that to get notifications of your replies. I mostly for get to check it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger, its a bugger! It's annoying innit? If WP hadn't robbed me of using Block-Free, I'd still be with them. Blooming Blogger often changes the formatting after I've checked and put them right - after sending it off? Grrr!
      I'm praying that things get sorted medically, Tim. Can you believe that no blood tests, so no changes in dosages of Warfarin for over three months - and now I find that "I have been informed" of the cancellation of the home nurses calling, and should go to the surgery for my INR blood test... and none of them realised that I hadn't been for 13 weeks? So Carer Natalie made an emergency appointment for me two days ago... and its for Tuesday 5th October!!! Godd job it was an emergency one - which causes me concern about them doing the INT blood test, will I get an appointment in time or will it all go to pot again?
      Sorry about that, waffled again!
      Your making an effort Sir, and that is appreciated. I ticked the box so anyone can comment: thank heavens for you and Bill!

      Delete
  3. WP has added back the option for me to use the classic editor from the admin. You probably have that option again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, I'll take a peek, if I can remember how to do it.
      Cheers, Tim!

      Delete
    2. Just tried it, Tim. My short term memory, made me struggle to get to it, but no options as I could see to escape the blocks. I tried pressing F5 hoping it might change things, but no. Serves me tight for expecting something to go right - will I ever learn? Tsk!

      Delete
  4. I just sent you instructions with a screen shot on how to find the classic editor in WP. Check your email.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tim. Soon as the Carer has been, I'll try it.
      Cheers again, Sir.

      Delete