Sunday 21 March 2021

Inchcock Today: Saturday 20th March 2021

 TFZer Keith - Offering us some advice? 

Good Morning!

01:30hrs, I rose wee-wee'd and pottered about,

Went to the Porcelain Throne, giving my right knee a good clout,

The urgent job was doing the Health Checks,

But Excel would not load, as I usually expect!





It did later, so I got the listings updated.




Turned my attention to HMG Census, which needed doing

I invested what needed filling,

Nervously, Nicodemus's Neurotransmitters kept failing,

Made a mess of the second question, very annoying,

But came across a link to open and for accessing!

I used it, easily manipulated, with no wrongdoing.

It was laid out so well, I almost started singing!

No mistakes, nothing irking!

It all worked smoothly, nowt baulking,

I can't believe how quick it was done, and all with no talking!


I even got a thank you email. Cracking!

I was pleased, the for nits like me, the Census was accommodating,

Not in the least bit inhibiting! 

 Then, I moved on to make the pickled cucumber. 


I'd written down the recipe from the website. 

I made sure that all the ingredients were to hand: 

Starting with half a cucumber (It was a whole one I got from Iceland, but it had
gone mouldy at one end, Humph!) 

I sliced the cucumber thinly. Then, I put the pickling vinegar, black peppers, and I
added the chilli-salt. Put some demerara sugar in and gave it all a good shaking in the jar. Putting the lid on first, of course. I'm no fool... well...
The recipe said it is best left in the fridge for four or five hours to get the best flavouring.

I shall try them later and hope to have the p[ickled cucumbers, with cheesy mashed potatoes, tomatoes and some German cooked ham, and some crispy roast onions
if I remember them. Looking forward to trying these now!

Inchcock Lie Possible: Being a dedicated Hand-washing expert, I got the job all done, rinsed, wrung and hung above the kitchenette sink. There was no spillage, dropped soap powder, bleach bottle, disinfectant bottles, or knocking off of the items on the draining board as I hung up the coat hangers. Ahem!



Next, I got the ablutions sorted out!



Then, I took the rubbish down to the caretakers' bin! 
But, there was no one there. 

This confused the old brainbox a smidgeon. However, nae bother, I put the bags where the bin usually is, and I poddled along to the ILC Wardens in Winwood Court. 

It was nice to meet some of the residents, en route, Roy, then Penny, both making for their daily bus to somewhere mysterious and unknown. I enjoyed the few minutes nattering.

When Jenny asked if I was catching the bus, I told her I was going to see the Wardens. Her facemask twitched, and she had to point out to me that it is Saturday, and the wardens don't work weekends - The brain got the message, and I did feel such a fool!



Miffed with myself and in a self-hating mood now, I meandered
back to Woodthorpe Courts building


As I got to the ground floor lobby doors, I noticed the red cars had returned. I shall have to inform Billum, the Associate Professor of the RCMA Red Car Monitoring Assessment Syndicate Godfather. (Financial Donations Accepted) of Ohio.


Up and back to the apartment, I travelled in the elevator. 

Got in and had a wee-wee; they are less frequent today! 

Then went to the fridge and tried one slice of the earlier pickled cucumbers.


Crikey, Luv-a-duck, and Gadsbud, I'd made them too hot for me! Tsk!

Still, I'll give them a go, and I got the nosh prepared...


The cut I gave myself prepping the meal was not a bad one!



1 comment:

  1. You need to give up sharp objects. Looks like a nice outing.

    ReplyDelete