Tuesday 23 March 2021

Inchcocks Day - Monday, 22nd March 2021


TFZers Mary, Keith & Chunky Lifeguard?

After being woken-up by Josie last evening, I'd been trying to get back to sleep for hours, and at 23:00hrs, I gave up, got up, wee-wee'd, and got the kettle on.

As I was making the brew of Glegettie Gold tea, I had to utilise the NWWB (Nocturnal-Wee-Wee Bucket) again. The evacuations and those that followed, and there were many of them; were of the PSSU (Persistent, Short, Sharp, Uncomfortable) mode, but thankfully, free of any PML (Pre-Micturitional Leakages) or CMD (Cessational Micturitional dribbling). So that was a good thing!

I got on with the graphic creating on CorelDraw for the top artwork above. It cost me two hours, but for once, I was reasonably pleased with the outcome. 

Then I got the morning medications taken, and the Health Checks were done.


Looking good! Although the BP as still in the High-Bracket, it was lower than it's been for a week or so! The body temperature was a bit lower; I'm not sure if this is good or not? Smug-Mode-Engaged!

I must get the ablutions done early today, as the Vampire Warfarin blood-taking nurse is calling on me twixt 08:00 > 10:00hrs today. First, I shall leave the computer now and get the medications pill box's sorted out, ready for the prescription to arrive any day now. Then if time, I'll get some tidying up done, and waste bags are done up; I can't take them to the bin or chute until the nurse has been, though. I'm getting confused just thinking about what needs doing. Hahaha!

First things first, though, food nibbling!

A treat for the palette, with mini Pork & Pickle pies,

Last of pickled cucumber that brought tears to my eyes!

Vittorio tomatoes, salted and quartered, 

The cut finger slicing them, I had to antisepticise! 

Hoisin sauce, that was not very wise,

Walkers Salt & Vinegar Crisps, they very nice!

Later my innards, will no doubt, pay the price!

I got the handwashing sorted out, all done, wrung, refreshed and hung on coathangers above the kitchenette sink.

Then, 0ff to the wet room, for a double mission, the Porcelain Throne first, and then ablutionalisationing. The heavy-duty Porcelain Throne evacuation was in the hands of Constipation Konrad again! Which went tremendously well! 


Only two minuscule nicks while shaving. The showering went just about perfectly! The only bother to speak of was in using Sock-Glide-Glenda! 

Sock-Glide-Glanda

I spoke with her before I did the socks-on task,

I begged her to leave my fingers, not to cut or slash,

My ankles, 'Please don't give them a bash?'

Onto my privates, I beg, don't fall or crash!

If I tumble, don't cause a whiplash?

I swear then, she tried to give me a throat slash? 

I did lose control of Brenda; the ensuing clunk made me abash,

I even put on the diabetic bamboo long socks too!


The job was over in a flash!

I'm lying really, living here is like doomwatch!

After sobbing, I left the wet room with some despatch, 

To make a Glengettie brew of extra strong mash! 

No nurse arrived yet. So I had a go at prepping the waste and recycling bags up. I got them in the trolley-box in the hallway.

Updated this blog and try and get a Sainsbury order in, but decided to wait until the nurse has been because the site times-out after so long. If I can get one later for next week, I don't know. I do a lot of that, you know, not knowing!

The nurse arrived at the door; she was in and out, blood taken withing four minutes - busy gal! 

I went on CorelDraw to make graphics for tomorrow.

Evening medications were taken. 

I took the rubbish bags to the chute, then the recyclables down to the bin, but the bin wasn't there again, so I left them in the spot where the green receptacle is usually kept. Then called at Winwood Court, handed some bits to the ILC's, said hello, and departed; I had to rush a bit cause a wee-wee was needed.


I went back to the apartment, going through the caretakers' tunnel because I'd not taken the flat fob to get back in with me when leaving. 

Leave lights on, I can leave the tap running, morning or night,

Forget keys, money, bus cards, names, appointments, easily alright,

Losing the walking stick, hearing aids and spectacles, I might,

 Lack of education and I'm unscholarlike,

Waking up and knowing the day and date is a fight!

Ageing... sends you into senility; it's an unavoidable plight!

Then the thoughts of nourishment, victuals and sustenance took over my inadequately educated, memory-challenged brain, and the meal was considered, then prepared. Smug-Mode-Adopted!


A can of cheap chilly-con-carne, and expensive meatballs in chilli-sauce, nothing added to it, and I had some brown bread thins to soak up the tasty juice. Oh, sorry, I did add some smoked paprika seasoning to it when cooking. 

A flavour rating of 8.5/10 was given. And I enjoyed it tremendously. I masticated away, without any off-putting Thought-Storms bothering me, as well!

Neuropathic Pete kicked off with a few short, but nasty adventitious right leg Neuropathic Schuhplattler danced when I settled down. The last one a brutal flailing performance that nearly had me out of the grotty, £300, second-hand, c1968, unsteady, not-working, incommodious, sickeningly beige-coloured, haemorrhoid-testing recliner.

After these had died down, the chance of getting any sleep was impossible for many hours. Which was a pity cause the day had gone on alright.

When slumber did arrive, it was a decent five hours of uninterrupted Sweet Morpheus. Ahh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment