Saturday 10 April 2021

Inchcock's Day: Thursday 9th April 2021

 

Hello, what's all this then? Hehe!

Thursday 9th April 2021

Italiano: Giovedì 9 Aprile 2021

Greeting01
Greetings!

Whoopsiedangleplop! I woke at 23:00hrs: I'd had five hours kip, and in need of a wee-wee, I dragged my over-voluminous bellied body from the semi-comfort of the c1968 recliner and utilised the NWWB (Nocturnal-Wee-Wee Bucket), without any PM (Pre-Micturitional) or CM (Cessational Micturitional) dribbling. But, no time for going into Smug-Mode! I caught the whiff of the crock-pot potatoes; that had been on for... over 18-hours. What had I done? I'd forgotten about that!

Panic-Mode-Adopted! Well, it's all I could think of doing at the time.

It hastily hobbled into the kitchen; the gorgeous smell that met me, flowing from the crockpot's contents, made me hungry. Still, I dare not even think of eating the spuds now they had been so long cooking away to their heart's content.


Whoopsiedangleplop! What a battle I had to get things cleaned up and sorted out. I appreciated the fact that it was the slow-cooker and not a saucepan on the hob! That could have been verging on the catastrophic! I got the bowl emptied and the strained waste triple-bagged up. Gave the dish a good cleaning. Then got on with cutting up some potatoes for tonight's meal; I did a few more, being as I had missed eating, and burnt, last nights nosh! Hehehe! 

It looks worse than before I started the job! And as for the delayed evacuation - what another messy affair! I do wish things wouldn't keep changing so often. I'm back to Trotsky Terence style now again! One heck of a job cleaning up again. I'm pee'd-off with myself already this morning!

I made a brew of Thompsons Punjana tea. And got a biscuit and pack of crisps, and set about taking a rest, I was all het-up with the computer, CorelDraw and Google Blogger, pissing me about. Not to mention the damned Whoopsiedamgleplops I'd had!

I only added some beef seasoning and a pinch of BBQ flavoured salt crystals to the spuds. My plan is to add garden peas and a can of Chilli-Con-Carne soup to them later. 

Made a mug of Thompsons Punjana and got the Health Checks seen to, using the Boot's Sphygmomanometer, manufactured by ZDEAC (Zhongshan Daguan Electrical Appliance Company Ltd) in China.

Whoopsiedangleplop! On my way to the computer, I had to divert to the Porcelain Throne. As I entered the wet room, Argh! I'd forgotten I'd applied the mould remover, about eleven hours ago, to shower tiles and floor! I flapped about and got the noisy shower going (That'll make me popular with the other tenants!) to clear the grot away. Just look at the state of it!

Whoopsiedangleplop! As I consulted my notepad to update this blog, I came across 'Warfarin Nurse' - written clearly in pencil. I had pressed down hard doing it? So, I assume at the time it was meant to be an essential, important reminder for me... about something, but what? Tsk! 

Whoopsiedangleplop! Grrr! This session on Blogger was the most frustrating ever, even more so than on WordPress! Groggleturds! I ended up spending over five hours on it. As if by magic, Blogger lept changing the sizes, colours, formatting, and fonts? Each time I changed them back, other paragraphs or part-sentences would be affected? I just could not get it right! I gave up in the end! I was worn out mentally and just posted it off, even though it will have so many cock-ups on it!

I went on Facebooking, then had my regulation two comments come in on Blogger. I replied to both Tim Price, and Billum Z. Then decided to get some handwashing done for a change. Hehehe! Managed this without any faux-pas or Whoopsiedangleplops.

Then I got the waste bags & trollied them away, to the waste-chute.


Again, without any falls, trips, dizzies or trapping any fingers! Mind you, I catch the flat's looby doorframe when getting back. Tsk!

Off to get the ablutions seen too. The floor that I'd messed up. By leaving the scum remover on for too long, didn't it look as bad?


I got it all done and medicated the areas in need. (Harold's Haemorrhoids being the worst!), and got the PPs on. I opened a pack of the J Sainsbury's Super PP's. Yes, they sent the right size! The right leg, I'm sure, has withered a little more since I woke up, and Colin Cramps was paying a visit to the fingers.

Back to the computer, and guess what?

Yesss! Liberty Global Virgin Internet had gone down!

Glunglegnatsworth!

I then tried to change the photo sizes on the Canon camera. I have tried before, but no without losing resolution. I went into settings and bravely changed it to the (S) small option?

Not too bad?

I'll try it again in a while when I visit the young lady podiatrist at Winwood Court, in the ladies hairdressers

If I remember to take the camera, of course. Ahem!

I got back on updating this load of this hogwash. It took me a few more hours. The time was getting closer to the beautiful foot lady appointment, a big-bonny gal, who would have my attention's had I not been the antiquated, doddery, senile-septuagenarian that I am. Makes yer spit sometimes, gettin' old! Hahaha!

I got things ready and spent a long time double-checking, trying to verify for myself that nothing had been forgotten, in leaving the flat safe, and remembering to take all needed with me. 

I put a few treats in the trolley, checked bus-pass, cash, card etc. and set off to Winwood Court. 

I called in the ILC Independent Living Coordinators, Wardens interrogation and body search office. Hahaha! Ballet Dancer and part-time mountain climber, Deana, confirmed the appointment for me with the chiropodist.

I sat on the seat in the lobby, as instructed to. Then a lady from the hairdressers said for me to go in there and sit to wait. Getting up after a few seconds sitting down is always a hassle, Arthur Itis, Cathy Cartilage played me up, and for some reason, SSS (Shaking-Shoulder-Shirley) joined in the attack? 

I moved into the salon and sat in the chair I was told to sit on. This had the advantage of being higher, thus easier to get into and off from. I had the delight of a captive lady (owner of the hairdressers) to natter too, Haha! 

Whoopsiedangleplop! I felt a right turd when I realised that even after all my double and triple checks before leaving the flat: I'd still left the cash on the table! Wot a Plonka! 

I red-facedly explained to the lady, and I set off to go back to collect the cash. I asked delectable Deana if the door was open yet at the end of the corridor to get to the flat and back quicker, and she permitted me access, bless her cotton socks. I soon got the cash collected and got back to the ladies. After meeting Jenny and Frank and being told off, we had a little nattering session, which I loved!

Sarah, the foot lady, soon did my plates and toes, amidst my boring her rigid with my waffling. Tsk! It's the excitement of having someone to talk to, you know, I love it, but can get carried away! Sarah took the cash, and in thanks, I offered cans of plonk. She then made an appointment and gave me a card for the next visit, for Friday, June 4th, at 14:30hrs.

I had a few words with Deana on the way out, and I got to the bus stop. To find I'd missed the bus by a minute, a chap told me, Hey-Ho! Good job that I'm used to getting things wrong, forgetting things, and have come to accept these Whoopsiedangleplop in my declining years. I took a slow hobble down Winchester Street, into Sherwood. It was well beyond my usual head-down time now, yet I felt a smidge perky, all the same. Obviously, the chinwagging and gossiping suits me. Oh, Yes!

When I got on Mansfield Road and started up the hill to call into the Co-op, to get my mysteriously run-out-of 99 tea-bags, the earnest, sober, sullen-looking few people I saw was sadly par for the times, I believe? 

I purchased the last can of Chilli-Con-Carne on the shelves,  some Viennese shortcake biscuits, two naughty-but-nice Belgian cream eclairs. Thankfully, a large box of 99 tea bags and a bottle of lime-scented bleach.

I was beginning to feel a bit tired and weary now, but not unwell or unhappy. I paid up and limped up the hill to the Wilko store. 

I annoyed the other customers as I used the self-serve till, with Nicodemus, who was causing me to faffle and drop things a bit often, oh, dearie me! I did manage to get some of Lily & Yang-yang laundry freshener chrystals. I bought £9 worth, three bottles, and two packets of spectacle cleaner cloths.

Whoopsiedangleplop! I did it again when I got outside, just missing the bus back to the flats! But I was not up to walking back up that dirty-great hill, so I settled in the bus stop, taking some photos.

The long wait had its unpleasant moments, I fear. This old dear arrived, face mask on, sat down, took off the cover and lit a cigarette up. Which usually would not bother me in the slightest, but the wind blew the smoke straight towards my end of the shelter. Gawd knows what she was smoking, bit it funked horrible, almost like... well, I don't really know, but it was foul-smelling. The looks from the others stood behind the glass. Their twitching noses under the facemasks told me they thought the same thing. Haha! I wonder if they were illegal imports, cheaper copy fags? 

I noticed on the journey that only three of the approximately twelve passengers had facemasks on. 

I alighted the bus at Winwood Heights and made my way to my beloved Woodthorpe Court. Although ridden with the ghosts, wraiths, spectres, cacodemons, apparitions, and other grotesqueries that haunt the flats, hallways and lobbies, searching for Inchcock to create ambiguities, abstrusities, perplexities, misfortunes and botherations, to scare and worry and confuse me!


I got in the lobby, took this snap of the undersized wall-clock and electrical connections that are still awaiting attention. Up to the flat and unloaded the purchases, here's some of them that I photographed.


The Viennese shortbreads, and Belgian cream eclairs, may produce envy, I'm sorry. Har-har! This one below, of my Chilli-Con-Carne, potatoes and added garden peas, got a flavour rating of 9/10!


Shattered physically and mentally, I got down in the recliner and fought against the Thought-Storms as they attacked my poor brain with a brutal vengeance! Humph! This delayed my getting to sleep and only made me feel more annoyed with myself. Cutting off thoughts is hard to do, even meandering ones, full of hatred, shame, and self-criticising. 

I jay there, feet on the small swivel chair, quilt over me, and the itching from the ankle ulcer kicked off at the same time that Colin Cramps in the hands and fingers started. I whipped the quilt off to check on the legs and ankle.



I think that the right leg is getting some strength and bulk back. But you never know! At least the knees are less bother tonight - see? A silver lining found! Yee-Ha!

2 comments:

  1. Can't seem to slip that SYS number out of the red zone, Argharama. I wonder how many miles you have put on the three-wheeled trolley. Yer luck at missing busses by mere minutes is astonishing, but at least it gives you an occasional opportunity fit in a chinwag or two. Wags are precious commodities these days, so yer gotta fit in as many as you can whenever the chance arrives — excepting of course the likes of a god-forsaken, aroma-laden foul-smoke sort of bus rider.
    That undersized clock on the wall would make a fashionable watch, would it not?
    My thanks go to Deana for helpful and tidy assistances!
    Watch ye out, Sunday only is short hour away. Arghsnaps!
    Billum reporting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, it be a stubborn little SYS, Billum! Red seems like his favourite colour? Haha!

    The trolley: A few by now, mate. They should have mileometers fitted, methinks?

    I was on form in the missing the buses that day, no doubt about it Sir. But as you quote, the natters gained, were worth it. Hahaha!

    I was worried about the old dear's fags she was a puffing away at - I imagine some illegal imported brand, do yer think?

    Now that's a good idea about the wall clock Billum. It would help with social distancing?

    I shallum pass on yer thanks when I see Deana gain!

    This very morning (Sunday) no less than three red cars were all parked in a line, and in the emergency vehicles only bay? I thought, I'll fetch me camera, and I did, for Bilum needs the evidence! I got back and they had all gone... Tsk!

    ReplyDelete