Wednesday 7 April 2021

Inchcock's Day: Tuesday 6th April 2021 - Confusionableitis reigns!

 Well, worry, fink? Hehehe!

Tuesday 6th April 2021

Welsh: Dydd Mawrth 6 Ebrill 2021

00:20hrs: I woke and rose, and almost in auto-mode, caught my balance, took a wee-wee, put the kettle on for the tea, and diverted off into the wet room, and the challenge of inspiring some action on Porcelain Throne.

Where the wait for the action to start from the evacuations was stunted and a long job.

The best of my forcing it, efforts came to nothing. So I rose from the Throne and took a photograph of my almost handsome, very much-improved looking legs. 

You can see the damage done to the knees by Cathy Cartilage over the last couple of days, but she was all calm this morning, just the odd stab now and then.

I rearranged the PP's on the floor cabinet, and I was about to get the crossword book, and I felt an encouraging moving from the bowels. It still took a little effort to force things, but they flowed well enough once the torpedo started coming - Klink, splash, it landed! No bleeding, no mess, and one flush cleared things... it was a lovely feeling!


After washing up, I got distracted and ended up sorting some waste bags and putting them in a new box on the walker. I'd got the new box when I restocked the PPs.

Feeling fairly perky now, I went to make a brew of Co-op 99 tea. Toothache Terence kicked off, so I took an extra Codeine and Paracetamol with the morning medications. At least CC was more comfortable with the patellas, up to now, anyway.


The dang BP had gone up a smidge again. The body temperature was in the red as well, at 38.1°c - 89.24°f. I was surprised it came in the warning red unless I've worked it out wrong (It has been known!)

When I turned on the computer, the Windows update needed to do some more work? Still, it didn't take too long. Sone fonts had renamed themselves in CorelDraw, and tons of fonts added again, none of which are usable in this country? I tried to delete them, but most of them would not allow me to. I had a SWROP (Slow-Weak-Resistant-Oversprinkly) wee-wee.  The NHS Colour Chart had me in the fourth level, colourwise. The Dehydrated level. Still okay, though.

I got the crockpot with water salt and beef seasoning on the go. I can slice some potatoes up later when the delivery arrives. I think I may have ordered some spuds from both Iceland and Sainsbury's for delivery today. Humph, Twit! But I could be wrong. It has been known.

I got the Monday blog updated, not a lot to do on it. Finished and posted it to Blogger, then went on Facebooking catchup. Checked for any comments that come in, and two had! Tim Price and Billum from Ohio. Their names do not show up; I'll have to get time to investigate if there is anything I can do to get them up. Or ask both of my commenters to p[lease put their name first when they contact me on Blogger?

The ablutions were tackled next. No showering allowed, far too early due to the noise that the shower makes. A few incidents of worth happened, though.

  • Whoopsiedangleplop: Toothache Terence let rip when I was cleaning the teeth as carefully as I could. Argh!

  • Whoopsiedangleplop: I cut the back of my tab-hole when shaving. I still don't understand why the head and chest hair have given up the ghost, but up the nose, around the ears and the neck of the neck, the strands flourish?
  • Whoopsiedangleplop: I accrued a lovely slight bruise on the right forehead as I bent down to pick up the dropped razor. Sickening it was, I thought I'd cracked the porcelain. Haha!

  • Whoopsiedangleplop: The best bit came at the end, and I was leaving the room. Aware of my habit of walking into the door frame, I cautiously exited well to the left... and Neuropathy Pete, with his usual great timing, let rip with a right leg Schuhplattler drop-something and flail-about dance routine. There was no going over onto the floor, but I leant to the left and pushed the door into the collection of items on the floor cabinet; that I had earlier spent an aeon tidying up! Grumbleclonkackers!  So, I tidied them up again. Hehe!

Then I got the handwashing sorted. Gawd-Struth, I've been a busy boy! 

Whoopsiedangleplop: Jammie-bottoms and socks laundered today. I don't think I spilt any more than a couple of gallons of soapy water in total on the floor? Tsk! Clean it up.

The Iceland delivery then arrived. I got the stuff sorted and stored away. The chap was kind enough to take a can of plonk in thanks.

I was worried that my plans to go to town today may have to be put on hold after needing three wee-wees during putting the fodder away? But they stopped after that. Phew!

Worked on the blog, and shortly the J Sainsbury food arrived.

Not a lot at all. He put them all in a small box. Blimey, that didn't look much for over £50? But I realised that I'd ordered the aaa batteries, and they made up the bulk of the cost.

The Wonky potatoes I'd ordered dwarfed the loaf of bread in size!

A few items missing, but gladly I will get a refund within five working days to my account. Two substitutes sent for other things, but this time they were okay.

Put the nosh away, and got some of the smaller Iceland potatoes out, and sliced them, and got them in the slow-cooker, seasoned with rich Bisto gravy granules (Yes, I plan a Chilli-Con-Carnie and spuds tonight), roast paprika, and a sprinkle of sea salt. Crockpot put on slow heat.

I rushed about getting things done, so I would have time to take the waste down to the bin, call in to see table-top-dancer, Warden Obergruppenfürher, ILC, Deana, to check on the day and time of the chiropody appointment, and still catch the bus in time!

I checked (several times) the flat before leaving and made sure, hopefully, that I had everything needed in my bags and pockets. And off I set! I'm only going to the Poundland shop.

I took the bags to the waste chute. Returned the trolley back to the flat, then down in the elevator, and out to the rubbish bin.

I saw Robert (the Caretaker) and slipped him a couple of packets of the Easter cakes I'd for at half-price from Iceland. Had a minute chatting.

Along Chestnut Walk to Windwood Court and into the holding cells, where I found Deana., slipped her some mini-Easter cakes. Confirmed the foot lady appointment is this Friday at 14:15hrs. Then out to the bus stop.

Accifauxpa: I enjoyed a natter with Penny, the Winwood Court lady, Welsh William, and the adorably unique Christine. The buses arrived to cut short my nattering, and I was the only person to board the City Bound bus. I was soon getting off on Upper Parliament Street. And a young lady with her baby in a pram checked on me after I tumbled getting up, bless her! I limped to the Poundland Store and had a leisurely meander, buying more stuff than I needed. But I now had Dettol antiseptic disinfectant stocks, Diahorrea Relief capsules, and bleach, along with other luxuries and treats to hand out. Whoopsiedangleplop: Oh, and I bought some cooked chicken legs. Why? No idea, a Senior Moment, perhaps? Hahaha! 

The queues at the checkouts were horrific. Not that it bothered me too much, being a gentleman of leisure, unemployed, retired, recreationally inactive, and with an overly keen tendency for slothfulness. 

Whoopsiedangleplop: Accifauxpa: I paid the lady at the checkout, and as I was getting my money out to pay her, the adventitious right leg Neuropathic Schuhplattler dance kicked off, with a short but embarrassing flailing performance of an imitation Hokey-Cokey dance! I managed to hang onto the notes, I think. A lady assistant came over to ask if I was alright. 

The cashier packed the bag and brought it out of the kiosk, and put it on the trolley-walker for me. I felt a bit of a twit; because I was feeling fine by then. Bless 'em all!  The second lady even opened the door for me to get out with the walker. 💘 

I ambled slowly along Upper Parliament Street to catch the bus back. I soon became depressed by the general demeanour of the populace, the scowls, lack of laughter. With more shops closed than open along that stretch of road, the so sad state didn't help my spirits. 

But, I remembered the kindness just shown to me in the Poundland Store, so all is not lost!


Whoopsiedangleplop: As I took a photo near the closed-down Frankie & Benny restaurant, I took the first picture, and a famous Nottinghamian pavement cyclist came into view, so I snapped again... Humph! He was hidden behind the lamppost! 


As I hobbled down King Street, the atmosphere was depressing, more shut-down shops, and the citizenry looked so morose and sad, for many of them had no facemasks on. 

Whoopsiedangleplop: As I got up Queen Street, out came the camera, and I took shots of the Council House, the bus stops on Queen Street, and a view up to Upper Parliament Street - They did not make it to the SD card! Or did and self-destructed? The later taken ones were in there? Bewildering, that's the Canon and the Kodak cameras that do this at times. Or is it me doing something wrong? But What?

On the trip home on the L9, there were only a few passengers. But I counted at the height of capacity of the seven people on board; only one other Nottinghamian and I were wearing a facemask. Has the ruling changed about them on public transport? I could not find anything for this month about wearing facemasks on public transportation?

I got back to Winwood Heights, and I got off the bus without any incidents or Accifauxpas! Smug-Mode-Adopted! I took this picture after getting off of the bus. I meandered down to Winwood Court and call into the ILC's interrogation office Hehehe! 


Dropped off the 
treats, departed, and proceeded in a Northerly direction, along Chestnut Walk, towards Woodthorpe Court. It was a dour little hobble, not a soul to be seen, no workmen, which we've got used to seeing for a long time now. 

As I entered the lobby, it struck me how it was coming along so well. The new lights with the Nottingham City Homes logo lit up on the wall. The clinical, fresh look as I limped through passing the laundry room to the lift lobby.


I spotted the new notice board, turned right into the attractive, decorous, character-ridden lift lobby. 

I got up in the lift and into the flat. I got the purchases put away. I was pleased with Baby Belle cheeses; they cost £2.50 but had more content in the net, So Josie will be alright for her favourite tasteless cheese block for a week or a few!

I got on with the meal prepping and got it served upon the tray. As you can see, the Chilli-Con-carne plan didn't come to fruition. I had a can of beefburgers in gravy, sliced potatoes, and a few slices of milk roll bread. The Beefburgers tasted horrible! But at least they fitted between two pieces of the bread as if they were made to measure. Hehehe! The sliced spuds and gravy were gorgeous; shame about the canned burgers. I still gave it a flavour rating of 7/10.

A reet-treat for afters, a Cadbury's Flake Cornetto! Yummy!

Weariness and fatigue overcame me, and I got down in the recliner, put the TV on and waited for Sweet Morpheous to take over... But No! The thought-storms rattled on and on again!

I gave up trying just after midnight and got up. Grobleknackerbangles!



5 comments:

  1. At least you got out and got some photos and a bit of dancing about for the lady. I truly hope you get to see the foot lady and get your Howard Hughes toenails back to inchy nails. Too bad the burgers were disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Tim, Hope your coping okay.

    I felt all sorts of emotions on my escape, guilt, misery, depression and anger at the none-facemask wearing gits on the bus. Hehe!

    A bit of fuss for the furries, and a mention of greeting to baby owl, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billum reporting!
    I was wondering why me name did not appear on comments, a quirk of Blogger I suppose. Nice to get out and about in the realm of Nottingham, a fair number of fellow nottinghamers on the scene, unfortunately including the blasted cyclist ne'er-do-wells who always set their aim at yer. Worthless sods!
    I like the looks of the improvements to the appearance of the 'thorpe. Good lighting and clean surfaces delight the eye, a sight for my sore eyes 'tis. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahoy, there Billumski,
    Merci Mon Ami, fer the communiicationalisticalisationing.
    Your observations of Nottinghamians are spot on, Sir.
    The placial (that be spelt wrong, but no spellchecker on the blogger comment?) abode currently, and for the last three years, being worked on, are looking good.
    Pray offer HRH my bestest wished, Billum, and may you continue to improve in the gastro department. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This 'ere Blogger, is not very good mate. I spenteth this morning, five hours updating the blog - no joke! Photograph moved, one disappeared! Formatting cvhanged, sizes and colour of fonts - I was forever changing them back, for them, tpo dp it again. I gave up in the end. Thursdays was still not how I wanted it to look... Yours a disheartened dope, deciding if it is worth continuing with the blog at all.

    ReplyDelete