Tuesday 11 May 2021

Inchies Day: Monday 10th May 2021 - Impavid, self-hatred, then lyssophobia.

 "Change is inevitable: Except, from a vending machine."

♥ TFZer Marie; Has bike, pets and vodka - will travel ♥



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Monday 10th May 2021

Hausa: Litinin 10 ga Mayu 2021


01:55hrs: I woke up, winced with pain from Duodenal Donald, and struggled slowly, wobblingly-bellied out of the c1968 recliner and over to the NWWB (Nocturnal-Wee-Wee Bucket).

Had a marathon wee-wee, with a lot of CM (Cessational Micturitional) dribbling, cleaned up and took the NWWB to be cleaned and sanitised. There seemed a lot of fluid in the bucket, considering I didn't think I was woken up to wee-wee overnight?

I got the kettle on and took the morning medications. Made a brew of Thompsons Punjana and got the Health Checks done. Similar results to yesterday. The Blood Pressure was a little higher in the NHS analysis check. Three developments in the green again, mind you.

Whoopsiedangleplop: The summoning to the Porcelain Throne arrived, and bearing in mind I didn't have a meal last night (although I did eat a couple of bags of cheese curls, one of Twiglets, and an ice-cream lolly), the evacuation, which started straight away of its own accord, was extremely stinky, dark brown, gooey and mucusy. A bit of a job to clean up afterwards, but the mess of a mass did clear away on the first flush. I washed up and off into the kitchen again.

I made up a couple of blue waste bags and a recycling paper one and got them into the box on the trolley with last nights - that, for some reason, I cannot recall doing? 

I was not irked by this at all, I'm getting used to my vascular dementia, and at times like this, when it is nothing disastrous, painful or vital that I forget, it doesn't seem to matter. I just accept it, glad that it wasn't a more severe memory lapse. I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing?

Then again, there's an awful lot of things I'm not sure of nowadays. There always has been, I suppose. But things are getting to a stage that I am avoiding making decisions for fear of getting things wrong again.

Whoopsiedangleplop: I got the Sunday post updated and sent off to Blogger and then sent the email links. And made up a template for this blog. Then read and replied to comments. Went on the WP Readers. There were several wee-wees required while doing these, at least six as I recall?

Whoopsiedangleplop: As I started this page going, the Second Summoning to the Porcelain Throne arrived. So, back to the wet room... And oh, dearie me: The last visit, I said the evacuated product was something like, 'extremely stinky, dark brown, gooey and mucusy'. This one was Gawd-Awfully stinky, light, pale brown, gooey, with mucus floating after the event. Grumblecronkackers! 

The cleaning up took twice as long this time! Got a cleaning up and back to doing this blog for an hour or so.


I got the potatoes cut and in the crockpot, seasoned with smoked paprika and sea salt. I had a nosey around the seasonings cupboard; I don't think I'll be needing any more for a while yet. Hehe!

Whoopsiedangleplop - Accifauxpas: Back to the wet room for another wee-wee, and I stubbed my toe against the microwave box, awaiting my attention to make room for it in the kitchen. A mixture of shame, pain and self-slagging off ensued! 

I started updating this blog again.

I went to make a brew of Glengettie tea; I hung myself out of the unwanted, light & view-blocking, impossible to reach to clean kitchenette windows, to take a shot of Chestnut Walk below. The three cars on the left are all neatly parked along the double-yellow lines. Hehehe! I laugh, but what choice do they have, poor devils.

Accifauxpas: I got the ablutions tended to. Apart from the stubbed toe on the shower chair, half-a-dozen dropsies, and clouting my head on the grab bar, things went well.

Whoopsiedangleplop: I came out and started to get dressed, and the intercom rang, but no response to the answer or admit buttons, then it came up on the panel as 'FAULT'. The landline rang, it was the lovely INR Warfarin vampire nurse, she had got the same 'Fault' message as she rang me. I got dressed hastily and went down to let her in. I must remember to advise Warden Deana about the intercom problem.

The lass soon got me done and dusted, even quicker than last week. A mini-tipple given in thanks, and off she shot.

Whoopsiedangleplop: I finished getting dressed and was soon down and outside, on my way to call and see the Wardens to tell them of the intercom being down - As if to confirm my infirmity of mind, I forgot all about it... in fact, I can't recall what we did speak about. Genuinely sad this was!

Leaving Winwood Court, I espied the chap who has taken on the job as Winwood magazine editor; that's what he told as he was photographing the flowers outside.

On to the bus stop, and I had a lovely natter with the other tenants as we waited for the bus. We were soon down Winchester Street and onto Mansfield Road. I hobbled along with Mary from the first floor of Woodthorpe Court,  and we chinwagged as far as the Ozan International Food Centre, Continental Store. I'll tell you what later on. Guilty Mode Adopted! 

Mary carried on to her Doctors a few hundred yards further along, and I limped into the food addicts paradise bazaar, shop. I spent on things I didn't need, but I just fancied at the time, fresh and canned! Tsk! Don't anyone tell Sister Janet, for Gawd's sake!

Whoopsiedangleplop - Accifauxpas: When it came to paying the gal, Neuropathic Pete made me shake the right hand and arm outwards, and my cash flew all over the place. The lady heard some of the coins hitting glass!

I think we found most of it. Humph!

Whoopsiedangleplop:  I made my way, red facedly, out and hobbled up Mansfield Road to the Co-op shop. Where I made another cock-up there as well. I bought what I thought was two cans of garden peas. I purchased the dearer ones because they had ring-pulls on them. It turned out when I got home, I'd bought two cans of marrowfat peas, not garden peas! Grrr! I hate myself, you know! Oh, and two cans of Chilli-Con-Carne.

Naughty: I went into the Bird's bakery shop and bought three cream cakes. One each as a thank you to the Wardens, and one for me.

Then into the Wilko Store and got all that I went in for. A Yank & Freesia washing freshener, Zoflora Lemon disinfectant, and a Dettol lavender and orange disinfectant bottle. I got that extra cause it was reduced by 50p.

Whoopsiedangleplop - Accifauxpas: I heroically but stupidly used the self-serve till. After all, there were only the three items to put through; what could go wrong? I'll tell you! Nicodemus' neurotransmitters, with their usual bad-timing, died a death as I was barcoding the £3 bottle of Ylang & Freesia; I could not hear any bleeping or feel the machine as it operated and carried on without realising... The shock of seeing the reading of the Total: £21.50 showing up caught me out... Argh!

Whoopsiedangleplop: The look from the chap serving on the next till made me wilt with shame! He said something to me, which I couldn't hear, pressed some buttons on the till, and he shot away. I was embarrassedly standing there not knowing what was happening... Then, I got a much-needed smile from the young lady who had taken over the till from the bloke, and she came over, telling me not to worry, I'll sort it for you! Bless her cotton socks! She assured me I would not be charged, well I would, but a refund will be going through... I thanked her profusely, wished I was 50 years younger, and departed the premises. I may have lit up the porch with my red face! Hehehe!

Off up to the bus shelter, and I had a chinwag with Jean (I think), the Winwood Court lady, also waiting for the L9. I inquired of her moving into Winwood. She told me she was from Nottingham and moved to Shropshire, but all her friend died off, so I came back home to here in these flats, and her daughter lives close by. My sort of lady, witty with it! ♥

Whoopsiedangleplop: As we parted and Jean went up to her apartment, I told her I would report the damaged or broken intercom to the Wardens. I got in the office doorway, and gave them the cakes with thanks, and forgot all about mentioning the flipping intercom!!! Egads and Fiddlesticks!

As I went into the lobby, I was impressed with the new lighting arrangements. Rather suave, I thought?

I got into the lift, and I saw the rain spots on the lid of the trolley basket. 

So, a spot of luck for a change, just missing the rain, Good innit?

Wiped them with some kitchen towelling, belched, passed wind involuntarily, and made my way back to the flat. 

Not a soul in sight.

Getting home was a pleasure. Nae, a delight!

Had a wee-wee, then I sorted out the purchases.

From Ozan, I was lucky also in finding some of my old favourites available.

I limped along back to the flats, along Chestnut Walk. And I noticed that (seemingly) the hole had been filled in and the tiles replaced near the entrance. Mayhaps the water leak has now been mended?

I got a photo of the laid out things taken on the cooker.

  • Can of Krakus Karczek: Pork neck - unbelievably tasty!
  • Can of Krakus Lopatka Wieprzowa: Pork Shoulder

  • Can of Compass Cbnhcko: Pork and bean stew, very lovely!
  • Can of Gratka Golonka: Pork Knuckle, I've not tried this brand before, but the others I've tried were all ace to one's taste buds!
  • A packet of Alnoor 'Halal' Chicken sausages, Fantastic flavour! 

  • Finally, four slices of cooked pork with garlic. I can't remember the name now, but they smell appealing.

Phew! A mixed day of differing types of luck today, then... mind you give it time, it's not over yet! Hehehe!

I'm so glad I spotted my cock up at the Wilko store with the till scanning. Else I could have so easily paid £21 for the £3 bottle of Ylang & Freesia freshener.

Well, after working on this blog update for three hours... Blogger has just changed my text around, deleted some photographs and altered the formatting. Another hour trying to get it right again, but I'm just too tired now. I've done my bestest.

I'll get something for a meal, no doubt the garlic pork and potatoes with something. Hello, the git upstairs has started tapping and knocking again now, Humph!

Well, that turned out alright. Note the comfort food sneaked in? I couldn't eat it all, but what I did went down a delight. Taste Rating: 8/10. I wish I'd got some more of the garlic pork now... perhaps not. I've got enough of other things in yet.

Washed and down in the c1968 recliner, and the Thought Storms raided the brain, in blitzkrieg fashion, and ruled the brain brutally for hours and hours, I'm not joking.

Whoopsiedangleplop: It was horrible, the longest and worst-ever yet. Self-disgust, fears, worries, hopes shattered as the storm rambled on about my failed activities today, and my inability to do anything about it, getting confused, twisted. The senselessness of my bothering, self-loathings and the third summoning of the day to the Porcelain Throne made me stir. I was whistling to myself as I made my way to the wet room? As if to certify my psychoticness?

Whoopsiedangleplop: Everything was soon forgotten as the evacuation started. Things started moving, then got jammed. Fear of splitting the innards came to mind. I just had to wait painfully and patiently for the action to restart of its own accord. I'd finished and thrown away the Clarkson book and did not have my glasses on to read the clues in the crossword book... a pretty grim situation, but at least the Thought Storming had eased, well, stopped altogether. 

Whoopsiedangleplop: Much later, after counting the cracks on the ceiling, singing a few songs and generally sinking into an emotional morass, the content began to flow again. And boy, it came and came. I wondered where it was all coming from? But a bright spot was that it was less painful on its journey to freedom. 

Whoopsiedangleplop: I'd produced a really light-brown gigantic long torpedo. The blood flowed, but there was little messiness this time and not too pongy at all. The flushings failed to move the content, so I had to get one of the long wooden skewers I keep handy for just such a situation and encourage the blob to break up a bit - that did it! 

Had a wash, and as I was leaving the room, the sky colour seen through the kitchen caught my eye. 'I'll photograph that', I said to myself, and I did, through the rain splattered kitchenette window.

I thought about making a brew of Glengettie, but it was so late now, I didn't want to need a wee-wee, once I got to sleep, that's if I can get to sleep!

It was over four hours before I nodded off. But, the Thought Storms were much gentle this time.

1 comment:

  1. That's a heck of a note on the intercom Fault. You almost missed your precious vampire. Beautiful sunset through rain spotted glass.

    ReplyDelete