Thursday 3 June 2021

Wednesday 2nd June 2020: Inchies Graphics & Photographicalisations & the odd Ode


TFZers... No Stage Fright Here! 

😄 Amazing Amazon! 😄

Morning Thoughts in Ode (Of sorts)

I Hope...

I hope today, for bouncebackability,

Avoiding accifauxpas & serious calamity,

Hope the pains & aches will have bearability,

People I meet will show less exiguity,

I can maintain some form of reality,

That the world show's more coactivity,

Words I choose and use with less toxicity,

Life can be lived with more agreeability,

And I discover, and share, in congeniality,

My Thought Storms lose their hyperactivity!


First Activities of the day...

Woke and had a wee-wee. Went to make some Glengettie tea. Misplaced the hearing aids. My thoughts were vacant and vague. No washing or shaving yet, but must get it done before the carer arrives at the flat.

Computer on, update the diary, Facebooked, and it was time to get the ablutions done.

 Abutionalisationing Report

Stand-up job again. Not too many dropsies at all today. One teeny-weenie cut shaving, cut the gums cleaning the teeth, and gave myself one hefty clout against the sink with my elbow when I had a loss of balance. T'was good!

I got the Health Checks Done

I was like a cat that has swallowed the canary with these results. Well-contented! Especially as it's the second day of being in the Greens!

Only the blood pressure calculation was a little high, but then again, it always is.

Waste bags sorted and chutted

The Mysteries of Woodthorpe Court!

The Intercom, which has been out of action for weeks now - burst into life! I got to it, and; There, clearly in the picture, was a sign saying 'Kingston Court' behind the man seeking admission by ringing flat 72 in that court, which is 2.7 miles away!

Nobody has advised me of the situation with the repair work, if it has been asked for that is. Obviously, weeks later, and nothing has been done yet. Gragnangles! 

I was suspicious of the installation boss when it was fitted; I told him that it wasn't loud enough for old folks to hear it from another room - and was ignored as he fumbled with his mobile phone at the time, pretending he was getting a call in, and avoided giving me an answer.

Even more amazing, I pressed the release button, and it opened Kingston Courts doors - but we cannot open our own, because no one can use the 'Fault' signed keyboard down in the Woodthorpe Court foyer in the first place?

Hence, I'm having to go down to let the care workers in, the nurses in, delivery men etc., Humph! 

The exasperations, frustrations, pains, hassles, and this is larruping my mental status. It's enough to have vascular dementia, to contend with, without this well planned unsuitable for the job intercom confusing me more than ever! Spurgledamnations, and Hogglebogwash!

I perused the YourArea Emagazine

Do You Know This Man?

Police said they were called to an incident where a cyclist was allegedly knocked off his bike in a hit and run after complaining to the driver about a near miss. The driver allegedly accelerated into him when he stopped in front of the car to tell them about the close call.

The driver also got out of his car and kicked the bike before driving off, said police. Police have released an image of a man they wish to speak to in connection with the hit-and-run. It is believed he may have information that could help the enquiry.

Please contact us on 101 quoting incident number 641 of 5 May 2021

Took this photograph of the local dwellings

Covid Figures

Fell asleep for fifteen wonderful, grandiose minutes. I Woke, got up to put the kettle on and crumpled to the floor. Humph!

Sister Jane telephoned me. I think we had a chinwag and laugh. Hubby Pete is going to have his first experimental dosage treatment at the cancer unit today, fingers crossed. I think he's done the right thing. all the best Pete.

Awaited the arrival of the Carer

Came on time, in and out in seconds, no messing with this lad. We had a chat while he sorted the medication out.

Carer Arrived

Soon sorted.

England Friendly Match

I stayed up to watch the soccer match v Austria. At least they won - just! Experimental team cause of the European Championships needing Man City, Chelsea players.

4 comments:

  1. Speaking of drunk e-scooter drivers, the first day they put them out in Albuquerque in 2019, a woman was arrested for DUI on an e-scooter. They are vehicles and fall under the same laws and cars over here. All the e-scooters are now gone for Albuquerque. The mysteries of the court and Woodthrope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A student was prosecuted for drunk Escootering, the gave him a driving ban? Why, there is no requirement to have a licence or insurance on the darned things, which there should be, and with bicycles, methinks. Did your lady get banned from driving?
      A heaved a sigh of relief for the pedestrians of Albuquerque when you told me they had been stopped.
      Lovely sunshine here this morning, but the clouds bade rain for later, which for some reason brought your Owls to mind than?
      Cheers, Sir, keep safe.

      Delete
  2. It looks like the BP is trending into the green zone, a good sign that I hope holds.
    Quite enjoyed the ode on a rhyme of "ity". Very nice for all sorts of possibil(ITY), of course. I hope also for bouncebackability, a good way to get back into a betterer milieu. You are the prince of odes, kind Sir!
    I shall beware of drunkards spinning about town on escooters, it is bad enough having those pavement cyclists disturbing the peace at every available moment. Shall also keep me eyes open for the neer-do-well depicted in the Area Emagazine, he might have snuck aboard a flight heading for Cincinnati. Perhaps I should alert the local gendarmes about the possibilITY (to borrow a rhyme from the prince of odes).
    Fare thee well and stayeth most safeth at the Thorpe of the Wood. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words.
      Hang on, Sir, I'll just check what milieu means... Good heavens, it's come up with 2,855 synonyms! Why have I not come across this most usefullest of words before? It shall not be long afore I use it now, merci mon ami!
      Cincinnati is on my list too!
      The local constabulary ossifers should be informed, methinks.
      Safeth, I will try to be,
      Not always easy as you see,
      Accifauxpas, rushing for a wee-wee...
      Carer not giving the Warfarin to me!
      And increased charges to my electricity fee!
      I thanketh thee and HRH, for bothering with this educationally-aborted busy little bee,
      I dream of coming over to visit Tim and you, and dreams are free! ♥

      Delete