Sunday 1 August 2021

Sunday 1st August 2021: Photographicalisations, and maybe the odd ode, that might be told?

♥ TFZers in the Royal Box - And so it should be! ♥


A Fearsome Looking Icecream Lollie? Haha!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

SUNDAY 1st AUGUST 2021

05:30hrs: I stirred, got up gingerly, and made for the wee-wee bucket. Another tinkling sprinkling five-second effort!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Health Checks Done

Took the under-tongue CBD. Phorpain gelled Arthur Itis's knees, oiled the ear holes and took a poo-softener capsule. I went on autopilot after that, I think. Luckily I came back to my usual semi-alertness after half an hour or so.

Potatoes with added chilli into the crockpot.

When the Sphygmomanometer and contactless thermometer figure were collated on the NHS Assessment Site, I was 'Gobsmacked!'

The numbers were close to being the same as last Tuesday - Brilliant - almost in the green for the Blood Pressure! Smug-Moded!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Porcelain Throne Attended

What a change! Trotsky Terence had taken over from Constipation Conrad. Messy!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I Made a Decision Oh, Yes!

As part of the decluttering, I suddenly decided that today, I would make a start on the masses of paperwork that needed sorting.

The small stack against the electric socket was checked out first...

Then, the relatively large stack on top of the broken printer was investigated...


Next, the oldest, been there for years pile, hidden under Gawd knows what on the desk...

A dollop of aged paperwork on the armchair needed sorting as well.

This was going to take some time!

I got the shredder out and a bag to tip the paper in once triturated. I was beginning to think this was not such a good idea after all. Already my willpower was on the wane!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ablutionalisationing Tackled

Somehow I forgot to have a shave?

The teeth bled, dropsies were rampant.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mug of Glengettie Made

I brewed the first mug of Glengettie of the day. And pondered over whether this shredding lark was a good idea - but decided security-wise, it was, after all, essential to get done. This did nothing to cheer me up!  Took the tea to the computer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Took this Photo

The slightly gloomy weather did not help cheer me up either. It reminded me that I cannot get outside for a hobble or bus ride. Not that there are any buses on a Sunday anyway.

Damn it, the VD-Darkness was falling.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Carer Arrived

08:25hrs, Cara Kara arrived. Benn working all night; she just had a couple of more calls.

Told her the toothache, Duodenal Donald and Anne Gyna are getting bothersome, to put it mildly. Then remembered she is a carer and not a nurse. I am a right fool at times!

She took some things down to the table to be used up for me. This declogging... no, I mean, erm... decluttering is hard work. Valerie has been of precious help to me mostly. ♥ I do ask each carer if they want anything to take. I asked Kara if she's like any DVDs, but she says she has no DVD player. I wonder if I have one in amongst the junk room she can have? I might well find one!

Sorted the med's and found time for a chinwag, bless her cotton socks.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

CorelDrawing

Having tried to think through the plans for this Sunday, mostly confusing myself more and more: I worked things out, as such:

Josie's meal, I could do without making it today, but I've never failed her yet, and I will try not to today. This means the earliest I can start on the shredding will be after I've cooked, prepped and delivered Josie's lunch, after midday.

But I also need some more graphics done for this blog, so I thought I'd do my best to get some done and saved now. Time is so limited... but I got an urge to write a silly poem first?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Urge to do an Ode

Oh, woe is he, can you not see?

Within his tortured bald head is misery.

It needs a living biopsy,

Also, I think he maybe has dropsy,

No one can help; that's a guarantee,

Can someone make him depression free?

Or at least buy him a decent toupee!

He's full of kindness and affability,

How to use it? He's not got the ability,

Nowt he does works, and is never risk-free,

He was rushing to have another wee-wee,

Lost his balance, landed on his knee...

I thought he was doing the Hockey Cockey,

Poor thing wailed like a banshee,

On to the WC, he did flee,

A crawling on his knees, journey,

He's still moaning about it; he's so finicky!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Started to Prep Josies Nosh

Made sure the ingredients planned were available in cupboards and the fridge.

Last, of the grated Leicester Cheese, thickener etc. readied to make the mash later.

Part laid out the plate, and I went for my eleventh wee-wee of the day so far. Tsk!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bit of a Memory-Blank here

I went into a semi-panic about the very thought of the strangers coming in to do the flat sorting out (I think), and sort of came back into mock-imitation life as I was putting the finish touches to Josie's Sunday lunchtime nosh.

I seem to have done a fair job of cooking and presenting the meal anyway. Off to Josie's door and handed it to her. She appeared in a logical, with-it mood today. My thoughts were; I wonder what time she'll return the tray tomorrow? Hehe!

I'm glad she looked so happy today.

Wished her bon-appétit.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

Back To The Flat

Oh, dear, a lot of cleaning up of pots and pans needed doing. So I did them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Paper Shredding Plan

Abandoned!

I was so confused. Was Valerie coming today? I was suddenly drained and tired out. Then the dark depression returned.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

CorelDrawing Started

Got a couple done.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Got My Nosh Sorted and Prepped

Another decent tasting one. Chilli chicken, pickled cucumber (Not bad!), Gherkins, banned garden peas, Jenny's ♥ home-grown donated tomatoes, and crockpot cooked potatoes with chilli seasoning.  Flavour Rating: 8.2/10.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Fell Asleep Eating It Humph!

Valerie came in and woke me up. Nothing could be better than being woken up by Valerie - well, it could, but there's no chance of that. Hehehe!

The gal donated a new shower curtain and fitted it for me!  Kind and generous of her ♥ Thanking you, Valerie, I appreciated that! ♥

It even has some Dolphins on it - fantastic! Valerie had to shoot off. Bless her, she took some more bits away that needed getting rid of. I wish she would adopt me. Hahaha!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Photographicalisationing

From the Balcony

The car park, at the end of Chestnut Walk. It won't be long now; it'll be interesting seeing how they park up when the lines are painted.

The car park opposite Winwood Heights.

View of houses straight ahead.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Carer Elena Came

 She soon got me sorted out and managed a few words of nattering for a couple of minutes. I do so enjoy a good gossip!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Herbert Is At It Late tonight

Herbert was still working away, clang, bang thudding. I spoke to him once, you know? Fair enough, he ignored me, but I tried! His sneer of contempt is one of the most effective I've ever known. Just one of his better virtues!

I reckon he's making a supersized, big model this time around.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blog Updated

Finalised, checked, I like to think that the Blogger people who change my fonts, sizes, alignment... even colours at times, can enjoy themselves.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Are you still reading this? Hahaha!

4 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised Kara doesn't have a DVD and she probably doesn't have a CD player either. Young people stream everything these days. BestBuy, a big box electronics outfit, quit carrying CDs and added vinyl records. Remember vinyl? Apparently young people are discovering the quality of the sound in vinyl records. It seems like all that sorting out the carers are doing is doing you some good with the recent normal vitals readings. Although all the stuff you are sorting out is enough to raise your blood pressure. Great looking meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High, Tim.
      All the adverts over here seem to be telling youngsters to 'Stream online' on whatever channel or site is advertising. How do they make money? Easily I imagine. I got rid of the last of my 'proper' records last year, or earlier? But they did sound better, of course nowadays with the eyes and ears going, I have little interest left. Hehe!
      I agree, the hassle I thought to would raise it? The chilli on the spuds id great!
      Hope all well your end, I thought of you when a carer told me someone had got permission to come and bring some parrots with them... but the council stopped them at the last minute, something about the Covid cuties. I must relate a story about a parrot I met years ago, in Lincolnshire, Wainfleet. The landlords daughter was fixated with her parrot. It drew blood whenever it could, and hers mostly. You beauties seem all clam, though.
      Cheers, Sir!

      Delete
  2. The BP continues to establish new norms. the 120s wowsers. They are making ood progress on the parking improvement project, looking much better today.
    Carer: Cara Kara, quite a nice ring to thst appelation, innit true. Each carer seem quie worthy and worthwhile specimens.
    Herbert is taking on the after hours to annoy his fellows with his tinges of misanthropy. I wonder what his shop resembles. It would make an interesting sketch to include among my odd arrar of humanity. Quite a bevy, are they not?
    And, that popsicle looks like a proper variant of the Covid family. Well noted and compared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It beats me and Tim why the sudden improvement, Bill. But it'll do. Haha!
      They are indeed, Sir. apparently he makes steam engine models, so Dean says, for Charity?
      The lollies tastes nice though, Bill. I'm going to have in bit, now you've brought them to mind, I fank You!
      Red papaps around today, and a lot of black ones too -you know what this means? I don't, but thought you might. Har-har!

      Delete