Wednesday 18 August 2021

Wednesday 18th August 2021: Inchies Day, and sometimes the odd ode, that might be told?

♥ Aha, What's all this then? ♥

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

WEDNESDAY 18th AUGUST 2021

04:50hrs: The body twitched, and the stomach folds flitched, and it was up and off to the NWWB (Nocturnal-Wee-Wee Bucket) for a wee-wee. Passing it, the brain joined the body in an elementary semi-consciousness in an imitation awareness, of sorts.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Action Stations!

The meandering around from one task to another began. I got the kettle on, had another wee-wee, and checked the front (well, I don't have a back door, Hehe!) for any mail or messages I may have missed. Made a brew of 99 tea, made up a waste bag or two, put them near the door to go to the chute later on... clouted my right shoulder on the wet room door as I went in to clean and sanitise the NWWB (no injuries, but it made me jump, Hehe!) Then off the computer. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here we go Again!

It came back online in a couple of minutes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tended To The Health Checks

Phenomenal!

Back down in the amber again on the NHS assessment chart! Smug-Mode-Adopted!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comments Commented On

Tim and Bill's comments replied to. I was appalled afterwards when I read what I had written, and the grammar was terrible. This was due to having a visit from Confused Kenny and Hazy Henry when I was writing and a short but worrying Dizzy Dennis moment. Tsk!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Another Few Moments of Confusion

I wander off from the computer mid-updating? Put some bits on the radiator for any caller to help themselves to.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Porcelain Throne Duties

Constipation Konrad, as opposed to Trotsky Terence, was in charge this morning.

I started a new crossword while waiting for the evacuation to begin. A solid torpedo, painfully and slowly, with much encouragement needed, was released. At least it was not bloody or messy. Although Little Inchies fungal lesion will need cleaning and ointmentating later. I'm not looking forward to that.

While I was crosswording and awaiting any movement, I thought of the Morrison order to come, then much later on, probably tonight, the tews and jammies should arrive. The tracker last night said it would be here before 22:00hrs.

Blimey, I hope so!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

End Car Park Picture

Same again, three red cars and three Nottingham City Homes maintenance vans.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Back to the Computer

A Carer should be here twixt seven and eight o'clock. Oh, it's gone 07:00hrs already! Do I start creating some much need graphics, or wait until the Carer has been? Then there is the Amazon-Morrison delivery to come twixt... erm... I'll have a look at the email, back in a bit... I'm back! Between 8 -10:00hrs. Then the Hemp oil is due too... I'm confusing myself now! It's not hard to do!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amazed Myself Then...

Why I can't say. But I Made up another small bag of waste and put two done earlier in the new, sealed it, and return the new bag near the door to take to the chute? Why? I even took a photo of it? So there had to be something about doing this that interested me?

It the photo looked similar to a black and white pig or pug dog? But that cannot be the reason I took it. Cause I didn't see it when I took the picture... then again, I can't remember taking it anyway! Innit confusing?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Carer Arrived Late

I'm getting worse with remembering names, but I think it was Julie, but don't bank on it. Hehe! Got the job done in record time. And took the waste bags to the chute for me and glass jars to the recycling bin, bless her. ♥ 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Morrison-Amazon Delivery

Within seconds of Julie (?) leaving, the delivery of food from Morrisons arrived. 

The shopper man flicked bits of what looked like sellotape on the floor as he checked who I was. I might have said something to him.

But he was about 6ft 6in, muscular scar across his right cheekbone, what looked like a broken several times nose, tattoos on all skin showing, and he spoke a Lithuanian sounding accent and a sneer that could have scared Arnold Schwarzenegger. So, I didn't!

I got the packages into the kitchenette.

Unpacked and got the fridge utilised.

Just the odd bit of comfort food today. Fresh Cream French Horns... not for me! Oh, no...

Well, that might be a slight exaggeration, a fabrication of the actual situation here. It just popped out, so it seems that the above statement could have, mayhaps, possibly, perhaps, have a smidge of sanctimoniousness... OK, I lied!

A lot of unavailable items were noticeable by their absence when I put the things in the fridge. There are no garden pod peas, whole milk, and fresh ready cut potato mix veg stew packs. A shame that is.  

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

More Waste Bags to the Chute

A fair bit of recycling from the excessive packaging in the order. Of, without Metal Mickey to the waste chute...

Amazing Lookalike! (To me)

As I collected the bags to take out, I was so surprised at the shape of the plastic, and paper carriers had made; I hope you can see what I mean? Think robot.

Accifauxpas!

Getting in through the door of the chute room is the moment I realised I had not put my slippers on! As I stubbed my toe on the edge door corner! Argh! - well, it made me jump! I'm quick like that! Thick as a plank as well!

Accifauxpas!

I got inside carefully and put the bags in the tunnel...

No trapped fingers or other limbs, no dizzies, Nicodemus and Peripheral Pete did not attack, and I think an unwarranted Smug-Mode began to come on, as I backed out of the room... And clouted my poor old already battered a bit left arm on the door as leaving! 

I was wondering if I might try for adoption again? Hahaha! 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

CorelDrawing Again Eventually

Got back to the flat and made a brew of Thompsons Punjana. Then got carried away sorting stuff in the junk room. I didn't stop for ages, but I made little impression. Then onto CorelDrawing, tired now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Got The Nosh made early

This is Why!

Frungleclumps!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Waiting For Carer & Amazon

Tried CorelDrawing again. Just got one graphic made...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Evening Carer Arrived

Using the Door Chime First; so I knew it wasn't Jill. It was Valerie. She looked so tired out, bless her. After she sorted the medications out for me, I soon had her and me, smiling and even the odd laugh. She was happier leaving than she seemed coming in, and that cheered up, too, exponentially.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hanföi Hemp Oil Arrived

Amazon delivered the oil, the driver left it outside in the flats lobby. Now, just the

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I felt an Ode Coming on

One and off, all day it rang, the mobile phone,

Twice when I was on the Porcelain Throne,

The buzzer buzzed while I was applying cortisone,

To Little Inchies delicate fungal-lesion zone,

The care las late, but I didn't moan,

Staff failed to in again, so I didn't miscondone,

Medical deliveries were coming, but no methadone,

Hello, it's off again, that flipping ringtone, 

Trousers ordered, and a box of Toblerone,

Too early to eat, but I could manage a zabaglione,

The shakes taking the tablets hit my cheekbone,

Then it was the turn of the landline telephone,

Heavy breathing, the caller remains unknown,

To date, 6 stubbed toes, all making me groan,

The noise from above sounded like a trombone,

Agony on the Porcelain Throne,

Others must suffer this; I'm not alone?

A dicky-fit, tantrum, I could have thrown,

Parcels are to be here soon. Do they use a drone?

In came a message of a different tone...

Now the ETZ is around the midnight zone!

With my luck, I should have known!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Let Down Amazon!

The Amazon trousers are now due, according to the tracker, at 10:30hrs. The ETA had started at 13:00hrs - and has grown longer as the day has! Humph! What chance for getting any sleep for me again tonight? Minimal? Hopeless? A daydream (or a night dream)? Still, they are probably having trouble getting drivers, judging by the nasty, uncommunicative sample they are employing.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'll get this blog ended now, and if Virgin Media Internet allows me, post off the link, go on Facebook. But not get my head down, or fall asleep, for fear of missing the 13:00hrs delivery... oh, silly me, that's changed in stages to 22:30, hasn't it? What next, midnight? Tomorrow? Next week? 

I'm pissed off!

I'll add whatever farce brings me after this to tomorrows blog - in Virgin Media... Oh, I've said that!

20:40:hrs. Hoping I can keep awake.

6 comments:

  1. Very fine graphicals, Sir. And a command performance regarding the BP, a wonderful and heartening number is wot.
    A mud gorning day to you too.
    I am now wobdering what other staple commodities will also fall short somewher in the logistical complex. It seems that the only commodities affected are your staple foods, otherwise there appear to be sufficient quantities of the stuff that you cannot abide. Is it mostly Covid related or a ripple from that minor source known as Brexit.
    A quite appropriate and accurately rendered ode to the state of matters in number 72 Woodthorpe, not to be confused with number 10 Downing. I shall ask my trusted Joe B to inquire into the possibilities of the installation of a certain Inchie to the top governing position. Yer certainly could do no worse. You could start with the issues mentioned on Inchies Day, bringing them under better control one agenda item at a time. Now, I have to find J. Biden's personal telephone listing, it's hereabouts somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Sir Billu of close to Ohio, and the Kingdom of HRH Lisa, who I pray falls less often - I know it's an easy thing to do, although my particular traits of late, are more you 'Walking into Things. Hahaha! Less lolloping please, HRH Lisa. ♥
      I reckon you've stated the shortages shenanigans superbly well, Billum.
      Jolly decent of you have a natter about me with JB. Sir. I've just had an inspiration for my first law change. (There was an American series where they could bring the dead back to life but only for a couple of minutes - unless I've got all mixed up again - would you happen to know the name of the series, mate? Tim might if not. Then I could refer to this, find out how they did it, and when school gunmen kill the innocent and then shoot themselves, we could bring them back and have enough time to shoot and kill them. See how they like it! Got off track there - someone has just killed a lot of people over here, then shot himself, must be on my mind.
      Hope you find the digits to use... Hahaha!
      Taketh care.

      Delete
  2. I am still astounded at the influence of our red-car monitoring services. Either support vehicles or red vehicles. A humbling thought there about how much we accomplish while half trying. And it appears that the main-stream media have yet to report on those mighty red cars. Perhaps a conspiracy theory could explain this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you could be right, Billum. There may well me some underhand subversiveness going on. Possibly by the GSCAB, 'Grey and Silver Car Appreciation Brigade'?

      Delete
  3. You got a rough one for the delivery eh? Did you tip the dude? That is so nice that you were able to cheer up poor exhausted Valerie. Do you remember the Monkees' song Valeri? https://youtu.be/QWTa9CE51sA. Right good looking early dinner. Your odes are almost as regular as the porcelain throne, but much less messy. You have a real way with words in odes. They are always fun to read. Amazon is really frustrating these days. I still pay for Prime that used to be a guaranteed two day deliver, but they have used covid cooties to throw that part of prime out the door. It takes about a week for everything now days, and I often don't get what I ordered because it gets delivered to who knows where. At least with prime I can return things easily, when things are delivered I get a prompt refund. I don't have to box returns myself. I simply drop the item of at UPS, they scan the QR code on my phone, they box it and ship it. As soon as the item is scanned to go on the truck, I get refunded for the return. And the shipping is still built into the cost of the items with Prime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The four-trouser man never arrived, but they say it will on the 20th - then again, they said it would at 13:00hrs yesterday... I'll not go on about it, the BP might get affected. Haha!
    Can't recall the song, so I played it. Great guitar playing!
    Oddlimost Odes, when they come, have to be done - else I can forget what the theme was altogether, Tim. Har-har!
    Aha, UPS - the company that found out I had the highest EQ ever recorded, and the lowest EQ. In a job assessment at their first depot in the UK, at Sandiacre. Still there I think? Seeing UPS brought it all back to me. They were very thorough. Even gave everyone who failed to get through for an interview, an assessment and advice on which would be the best position for us. They put Police Officer down on my sheet? In those days in Nottingham, you had to be six-foot to apply, my being 5'3" was a handicap. Haha!
    I spoke with on your robots at Amazon, well, exchanged messages. Hehe!
    Keep sage, Covid cuties getting stronger over here again.

    ReplyDelete