Thursday 30 September 2021

Thursday 30th September 2021: Inchies Day, and sometimes the odd ode that might get slipped in!

💖A twinking Smile - that'll do!💖

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

THURSDAY 30th SEPTEMBER 2021

05:00hrs: Returned to imitation life and realised how late it was. Great balls of fire... I've slept for over five hours of unbroken rest in the hands of Sweet Morpheus! Whoo!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ponderisationing Period

The brain stuttered into action (of sorts), and I pondered what I needed to remember for future activities and duties.

Today, the INR Nurse, who I was told would not be calling again, and I'll have to go to the Surgery for the blood test... (Who arrived to take my sample of blood later!). I must not take a Furesomide, as I planned to go to town today.

(This failed to happen because I took the Furesomide anyway, so I dared not go out, where they would be no wee-weeing facilities. Tsk!)

Foot lady-gal in Winwood visit tomorrow.

I got no; further, I needed a wee-wee.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What a Wee-Wee T'was!

Considering that the bladder capacity had been reduced by third in the cancer operation, just how it held as much as it did, is a mystery to me! It was so heavy that when I took it to the wet room for emptying and sanitising, I very nearly dropped it, so full!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ablutions Tackled

The nasal and teeth cleaning went well; the combined total of dropsies was a mere three, none serious. I'm getting more used to this prescription medicated Duraphat® toothpaste now.

Shaving... Hehe! Five minor nicks and one decent cut! Not so good. And the dropsies were about six. Didn't keep count cause I was forever trying to stop the bleeding. One elbow-bash on the sink when retrieving a razor.

The stand-up wash (too early to have a shower cause of the noise). Went smoothly, easy-peasy.

Medicationalisationing

Phorpained® gelled Arthur Itis's knees and ankles. Okay!

Finally, I stopped the bleeding from where the hair still grows around and in the earholes!

I'd run out of the Saccades eye drops, so I used the irritation one. I even got some of the medication into the eye! As opposed to down the chin, through the moustache, into the mouth! Used some extra nasal congestion spray.

Germolened® Itchy Inchies Wounds on the op scar around the midriff.

Harolds Haemorrhoids were treated to a soothing dose on Germoloid® ointment, and very welcome it was too!

I'd left the nasty one until last.

Little Inchies Fungal Lesion

I was fully aware of the pain I was about to go through, gritted my teeth, and called on all my reserves of bravery, willpower, determination - and applied the Dakacort®.

 

I didn't handle it very well, Argh! But then, I never got used to this.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Morning Carer Crept In

It was Fatou (I like giving old people heart attacks) Ndow. Hahaha! She was in a slightly talkative mood today; we spoke for at least 20 seconds on a non-related subject after she'd tipped the medications lose into my hand to take. I also got a smile as she left. Yes! I'm getting to like her style now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blogging Needs

I concentrated on getting the Tuesday blog finished and got the photos on... No, that's not right; I meant Wednesdays blog. Sad, innit?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Intercom Flashed

Did my heart a bit of good to see sorely missed haematology nurse Hristina again.

Hristina was in a terrible rush, but she soon got my blood taken and listened to my relating the details of being without a blood test for two months. Telling me, she had been on holiday, had visited Poland and her relatives for two weeks, and had a week in Cornwall. Today is her first day back. Well, that partly explains why no one has called to take my blood samples for eight weeks.

But someone should have let me know I had to go to the Surgery for them for four weeks, surely? Humph!

The always pleasant Hristina departed, hoping she said, to see me next week, with any luck ♥

Now I have to wait to see what my INR level is. I imagine that getting the sample to the lab and having it tested will take until tomorrow. So I should know Friday if I need to cut the dosages, increase them and start on the Enoxaparin injects in the tummy by then.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

At long last, I got the Wednesday blog done and posted. Emailed the link and had a go at Facebooking updating. Then started this blog going but stopped when I realised I'd not done the Health Checks yet! So, I did them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Health Checks

Whoops! The SYS had bounced back up, as did the pulse and temperature, but the latter two by far less.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Intercom Confuse Me

The screen stayed on for ages, and went to have another look at it, the screen kept changing of its own accord?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

End Car Park View

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Legs and Feet Still Pale?

However, far less bloated, in fact, hardly swollen at all compared to the last three days or so!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mug of Thompsons Punjana

Made a mug of Thompsons tea and had a perusal of the election bumph.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Back on Blogging

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ready Meal Doctored

I got some water chestnuts, potatoes, Jenny's tomatoes and extra black bean sauce mixed in the food tray and left it to marinate to cook later.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blogging Session

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Served the Meal

I added two sausages at the last minute to the microwave. It looked good, it smelt great... and

Was bloody awful!

What in heavens name I did wrong, I've no idea. But as sure as eggs are eggs, I must have done something silly, wrong or stupid during the cooking? Or maybe a share of each?

Eurgh! Taste Rating: 3/10!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Porcelain Throne

Within minutes of eating what bit I did of the fodder, the call to the Throne arrived, accompanied with stabbing pains from the stomach (Although they could not be considered as severe in any way). Off to the wet room, I trotted and tottered.

Tough Evacuation

Painful Too!

This session was one of the most painful for years. Gawd knows how long it got me to get the product moving in the first place - then I had to manually stop to ease the pain and start things moving again - Twice! I felt drained when I finally ridded myself of the mini-concrete-like torpedos.

Poor Harold's Haemorrhoids!

The blood flowed down my legs onto the floor. Bit of a mess, really. But with everything I needed to have for sorting nearby, I got things cleaned up first, then the Germoloid was applied.

Getting Rid of the Torpedos

I've never had so much trouble in flushing things away. I lost count of the refilling of the tank by hand and flushes I had to perform! Finally, I freed things.

Then I paid attention to cleaning the blood up. Which in itself started Back-Pain Brenda and Anne Gyna off! 

Gotten Himmel! Accifauxpa!

See below the nice neat stack of PP's?

This photo was taken... after I'd lost my balance getting the new PP's on, and I knocked everything off of floor-cabinet - the lot! All the PP's, the prescription tubes of toothpaste, and the Saccades eyedrops, then I restacked them.

I nearly cried!

Then I hit my ribs on the edge of the cabinets on my way down to the floor via bouncing off of the doorframe!

My luck had gone sour on me again!

With aches and pains from Back-Pain Brenda, Anne Gyna, and the bruises, I limped back to the recliner and eased my battered body down for a rest. The washing up from the dismal meal can wait until I recover a tad.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Fell Asleep

I'm not sure if it was dream-filled or I kept waking up or dreamed I kept waking up... I was in a state! When I woke up proper after an hour or so, I tried to move to get up for a wee-wee... Argh!!! So many parts of the humongously flobby body ached and hurt so much!

Phorpain - A full tube used!

I found aches and pains I didn't realise that I'd done in taking the tumble.

I have to admit, I felt a smidge sorry for myself at this stage. Hehe!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Evening Carer Came In

Good timing on her part too. I'd just got into the jammies and covered up from the medicationing.

It was carer Elena, the pleasant, caring little gal, who buzzed the buzzer! ♥

Her first words were: "You look pale, are you alright?" ♥. A lovely woman who got the tablets sorted out gave me time for a bit of a chinwag afterwards. I didn't mention the tumble. The main result of the Accifauxpa is Back-Pain-Brenda more than anything.

I considered asking Elena for an extra Codeine; in fact, I wish I had now. The gal is so pleasant and patient with me. She took some waste to the chute as she left. ♥♥♥ Bless her!  

Paracetamol are useless. I must get some co-codamol tomorrow, somehow or other. I took a couple of the Paracetamol but have no faith in them; if the pain doesn't ease, I'll have to take the Codeines, which means I'm going to run short of them at the end of the month.

Life can be so tricky at times. Hehehe!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blogging

Got this post finished. Pressed on with Facebooking catch-up and emailed the links to Blogger.

Hopefully, I can try to get some Cocodamol in the morning if the carer arrives in time, and I can get ready. The Falls Nurse and then in the PM I've the Foot Lady Gal appointment.

Hope I can make the time to get down to the chemists somehow.

I stayed up late to finish the blog and do a template for tomorrow, hoping to make time to get some Cocodamols.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Morning all!

6 comments:

  1. A thorough application of medicalisations, a tube or a pill for each purpose. Having Hristina back in the country should help much and explain much at the same time.
    I am wondering if your Carers are able to use the new parking spaces, perhaps they are unaware of its existence?
    Fatou is easing in well. I came up with a mnemonic to help remember her name:
    Fatou? Yes, I am overweight as well. Be careful about letting that handy aid slip however:
    "How are you? Hey, you look fat too." could be misunderstood.
    That reading ust slipped into the 160s, but 159 sounds high too, so...what to do? Maybe it will improve in the month of October for some unknown reason. Well, we shall see I suppose.
    What a lousy rating for something that looked and smelled good. But without a good taste the horse has lost the race before getting out of the gate. I am hoping that a sports/horse metaphor will help me categorise these variables that would even confuse the brain cells of an A. Conan Doyle.
    I am holding hopes that Elena is able to help you with the table availability.
    Mnemonic possibility: Elena, explaina!
    The Herberts appear to be consistently disconcerting. Herbert, Sherbert.
    TATA, matey. I see that Friday is just beginning in your vicinity. We are just past 7 PM and the sun is just now beginning to set. Weather good in these parts of the globe on these last number of days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yet again, I lost my reply to you, Billum! I'm getting fed-up with this! A blooming long one it was too! Spittlecrabworthiness!
      Now you mentioned the Fat-you thought, oh, dear,... Hahaha!
      Hell its Lena?
      TTFNski.

      Delete
    2. Hell, it's Lena works too, as does Heavens it's Lena :-)

      Delete
    3. Well put Billum! Should be Julie today, but often as not the rota changes, mate. Names and faces get muddled in my mind, you know. I remember Valeries name - cause I think she get bullied a bit by some of the others, and that gets my empathy and goat, if its true. I've remembered your Humira at last - I think of the humorous way you handle your ailments, Sir. TTFNski

      Delete
  2. Hristina was a pleasant surprise. You have Fatua talking to you? Amazing. You should have asked for the extra meds. I have to say that meal does look bloody awful. The Balloon Fiesta starts Saturday. I picked up the press pass I didn't apply for this year, but was given to me anyway since I have had them in the past. The field was busy with people prepping for the hordes. Few were wearing masks, and neither was I. I hear our governess has her panties in a wad over the City allowing the Balloon Fiesta to go on and the Balloon Fiesta not requiring proof of fax, etc. Normally over a million people come into town for the Balloon Fiesta and there can be 300k or more people on the field for launches, special events and fireworks. We'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sheer delight, seeing Hristina, Tim. Shame she was so busy and in a rush, but it was her first day back at work. Did me a lot of good.
    A mystery to me how I managed to get the meal so wrong?
    Hope everything goes safely with the balloon fiesta, Tim.
    We had an anti-vax mask-less gathering (approx 1000) two days ago, and today it reports a 20% increase in new Covid cases! But can we believe what we read?
    Hope it works out alright, Sir.
    Glad you get a pass without asking!
    Hehhe!

    ReplyDelete