Friday 26 March 2021

Inchcock's Day: Thursday 25th March 2021

 

TFZer Cookery Challenge? Hehe!



Thursday 25th March 2021

Welsh: Dydd Iau 25ain Mawrth 2021

00:25hrs: A bounded into life - realised what it was like, and resisted getting up! The need of a wee-wee arrived, and as I was escaping the grip of the £300, second-hand, decrepit, c1968, rickety recliner and caught my balance, I had to hastily divert to the wet room, to satisfy the innards need for the Porcelain Throne.


A much different mode of evacuation this morning. Back to the meatballs, but larger and fluffier, but still as gooey as ever. I had a right-proper mess to clean up again. It's a good job that I have plenty of toilet rolls in stock! 

Off to the kitchen, intending to get the kettle on, but I changed my mind as the innards gave another belated rumble - I chose to have spring water instead. I took this photo as I entered the kitchenette, not one of my better efforts. Tsk!



I got the Health Checks done and recorded them in the logs. Excel allowed me access to update the Excel one. The SYS and DIA were both very high. But the body temperature was okay, I think. The Pulse was at 79bpm.


Onto the blog and got the updating finished for Wednesday's Inchcock's Day. Not a lot needed doing, so I got it posted in a reasonable time.

I spent a long time on Facebooking. There were some lovely comments and likes received. Smug Mode Adopted! I made up this montage and posted it on the TFZ and Winwood Heights sites. 

The photos got me thinking of an odd turn of events from my past. I was only a baby in the first photograph - little did I know that so many years later. I'd be working as a static security guard at the same spot, as poor not so old, Victoria Railway Station was demolished, destroyed, and the Victoria Centre flats and tall, square, tapered, stone monolith of the shopping centre was being built? A sadness came over me as I recalled the happier, healthier and wealthier times. Humph!


I got some biscuits out and made my first mug of Glengettie tea. By the way, all the previous activities took place, with... no joking, eleven interruptions for a wee-wee! Every one of the PSS (Persistent, Short, Sharp) mode, with many of them making me suffer CM (Cessational Micturitional) dribbling. Which meant it was hard work and so time-consuming wee-weeing. Cleaning up after each leak and late escapages. I just thought I'd let you know, in case you are not yet in your dotage, to put you wise as to what to expect, like. Hehehe! 

I got the handwashing is done, such as it was. Just socks, socks, and socks! Then I went to the wet-room to get the ablutionalisationing sorted out.


And what a fantastically amusing session it tuned out to be! First, I noticed as I stripped off to show my magnificently firm, muscled body off (A bit of a fib slipped in there, sorry), I noticed how the left arm was starting to morph into the same condition as the right one? Yet I've always had the Warfarin Blood Tests taken from the right limb? What's going on, as per usual, remains a mystery to me?

The teeth cleaning, shaving and showering went of with few dropsies, just the one clouting of my head in the shower, as I bent down to retrieve the shoer-gel bottle. No complaints from me, I was doing well, and quietly singing to my self... go on then, I'll tell you what I warbling, a Frank Ifield song!

♫ I went across to Switzerland
Where all the Yodellers be
To try to learn to yodel
With my yodel-oh-ee-dee
I climbed a big high mountain
On a clear and sunny day
And met a yodellin' gal
Up in a little Swiss chalet
She taught me to yodel
Yodel-oh-ee-dee 
Diddly-odel-oh-ee-dee ♫

I just hope I wasn't singing it too loud!

Came to towelling off, I had the only real bother of the session, I knocked the stuff off of the floor cabinet, and hit my right shoulder on the corner as I tried to catch some falling items... Ah, well, I was still in a strange, weird contented mood!


Next, the state of the pins (legs) was observed. They have not been as good as this for many a month! Cathy Cartilage had calmed right down, Arthur Itis had just absconded from both knees altogether, and the Clopidogrel scar and pot marks have never been as calm! Smug-Mode-Engaged! 

I decided to go out for hobble into Sherwood and call at the Co-op and Wilko to see what they have available. Taking advantage of the ailments being so kind to me, like!


I got the waste bags sorted into the walker-guide box and out into the lift lobby without any problems encountered. I even avoided injury in getting them down the waste chute. Double-Smug-Mode-Engaged! I got back to the flat post-haste and got dressed for having a hobble! I went down in the lift, deposited the bag near the bin, and started my little marathon around the block walk.


Off to the end of Chestnut Walk and then down Winchester Street. I had a wobble or two en-route due to Dizzy Dennis making himself known, but I took it really steady. I stopped at the bottom of Cavendish Vale to photograph the flats up the hill, then returned to my mission to get food and Wilko washing freshener granules because the big store didn't have any in when I went to town last week.


On my way down and on Mansfield Road, I noticed an awful lot of folks without any facemasks on? I'll check later to see if the rules have changed.


I pressed on, carefully down Winchester Street, and got onto Mansfield Road.


Here, there was hardly anyone wearing masks? I reckon the instruction must have been eased. I noticed that Sherwood had now gotten some of the dangerous Escooters for the populace to have accidents and run over prams and old people across the road. Humph! I waited for a break in the traffic and took a photo of them!


I turned and walked through the floor covered with rubbish, gob, fag ends, empty bags, and sweet wrappers to the Co-op Store.


I had a worrying few involuntary right leg Neuropathy Pete Schuhplattler dances, and folks noticed and came to ask if I was alright, bless them. They stopped minutes later, of course. I paid for the fodder I'd bought, not a lot, but it cost me £11. Humph! I departed to amble up to the Wilko store.


I found some of the Ylan Ylang & Freesia scented washing freshener and bought three of them (£9) while they'd got some in. Other stuff as well.


On paying and leaving the store, so many folks were not wearing their facemasks? The rules just have changed, indeed?

I managed to time it to just miss the L9 bus, si Carried on along Mansfield Road up the hill, the Woodthorpe Court Park, and cut up the path. I looked back and took a snap of Sherwood. More maskless folks, now I'm sure the rules must have changed.


When I got up and over the hill, and down to the giant hill to climb up through the park...


Not only had everyone I'd passed been mask-free, bar two, but the pathway was closed, and many mask-free Nottinghamians were using it? I walked onto the grass until the signage was passed. It was a bit of a slog getting up the hill.


I must have shown signs of incapacity cause even with the facemask on, a lady came and asked me if I alright, "You are looking very pale, dear", she said. I appreciated her actions and thanked her, telling her the truth; I was just feeling a little tired.


I got to the top of the hill at last and turned right to see the home's site in the distance. I'd just got the gravel hill to get down and cross the Chestnut Walk now... I could help but spend a minute or two looking at the tree copse and how sad it was.


Then the great descent had to be tackled! I gritted my teeth and started down the nerve-wracking gravel path.

I stopped part of the way down to take this photograph of Winwood Heights en bloc, Woodthorpe Court, Winwood Court and Winchester Court.


Then, commenced my descent; it was a harrowing experience, to be honest. Trying to control the trolley and not let the bags drop off... Hehehe! Poor old sausage! 

Somehow or other, I got down safely to Chestnut Walk, over the road and into the lobby doors. Yes, I'd remembered to take the key fob with me! Haha!

I took a photograph as I rested for a moment! It was of the new lobby wall. They did an excellent job of it, the electricals and the wall clock. I could not believe that I'd walked all that way and back, and this was the time? Marvellous! Then Ken came through, said hello, and put the clock to the right time, 11:50 hours. Hahaha! I was just getting into a Proud and Smug-Mode as well!


I got up to the flat, and first things first, I had a wee-wee. Washed and got the kettle on. Then took the few items purchased out and put them away.


You may notice the comfort food in there... I did! Hahaha! More cucumber for pickling. Some 'Best' Co-op tomatoes that were bitter-as-hell. I remembered the toothpaste but forgot to get a toothbrush again! Humph!

Dettol, the three pots of freshener, some more Diahorrea capsules, and two tins (the last two on the shelves) of their one label cheapo Chilli con carne!


I made some more pickled cucumber without cutting myself or dropping anything! I upgraded to Swank-Mode!

Got the mushroom out of the crock-pot, added them to the can of Chilli-Con-Carne I'd just bought that I'd put in the saucepan, with some sliced bitter tomatoes, put the cucumber in the fridge, and had another wee-wee. 


Then I thought I'd do an Amazon-Morrison order for next week if possible. Got on the computer and made up the order. To my surprise, nae shock! After I'd got it in, Amazon told me it would be delivered tonight!!! Oh, dearie me! I'll have to stay up late then. 

At least I could get on with updating this blog! 

Ha! Shit!


My luck seems to be regularly changing today!

Hello, hello, hello, the Amazon-Morrison order has arrived. No, bother with the delivery persons today; they brought it right up to the door for me. A very nice Asian lady and she put the bags in through the door for me. I gave her a bad of faint Cadbury orange buttons in thanks, bless her. She asked if I was alright, told me I looked a little wan? That's the third person to say to me that today! The lady in the Co-op, the lady in the park, and now this lady - worrying innit? How do they know when I'm wearing my facemask? Hahaha! Jenny will be pleased to hear this methinks, I must call her in the morning, see how they are going on.


Through to the kitchen with the bags and sorted them out.

There were three things not available, for which they told me on Amazon, I will be compensated for, in 3>5 working days. Well, thank you!


The fridge is looking a little bare to me, but that's a good thing, it means I haven't bought too much in, for once! I'd have taken a photo of the freezer, but it's so cram-packed I didn't want to risk opening it. Hehehe! 

The two th8ings I was well pleased with getting, was marvellous tasting Milk Roll Loaf and the mini-swiss rolls.


I tried the computer again, it was working, but bug-ridden and so slow. I had to turn off the meal to get the cm[uter sorted out and CorelDraw going again. Humph and Cobblers!

I found time to take a picture of the evening skyling, though. Bootiful! 


So shattered now. Hours after my head-down time, and the hobble has left me aching all over.

I'll have to hope this saves, as the bloody Liberty-Global wankers, have disconnected the internet again. Bas... naughty people! 


I'll have to find out in the morning, nosh, time now!


The CCC went down perfectly; tasty and tomatoes and mushrooms added, they deserved a 9/10 for taste-rating.

So late now, I  tried to watch the football match, but weariness won. 

Zzzz!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That was a marathon amble. Good for you. CCC looked good. Laurie's making Sheperd's Pie tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, now then, Shepherds Pie, there's summat I've not had for ages, Tim. Well done Laura, a nice change.
    I can smell it now... Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete