Wednesday 28 April 2021

Inchies Day: Wednesday 28th April 2021: Farcical fun, froideurs, foolery, feracious fermentations, and Cramps!

 Have a great day, folks!

♥ TFZer Scooteress ♥

Wednesday 28th April 2021

Spanish: Miércoles 28 Abril de 2021

02:10hrs: I stirred back to semi-life, fought my way out of the c1968 recliner, took a weak wee-wee. After which, I remembered I had to make a note to leave on the flat door for the nurse if she comes while I am out seeing Deana for help with multiple Vascular Dementia form-filling sheets. So I wrote one out straight away.

I was feeling a little brain-foggy this morning. Into the kitchenette and I put some spuds in the crockpot, seasoned to marinate with roast paprika and a little sea salt. I must remember to turn it on later.

Made a nibble treat bag up to take with me to the meet with Deana, then checked that I had the correct paperwork in the pouch to take with me. Not that I was with it enough to know or not!

Made a brew of Thompsons Punjana, had another weak wee-wee, then got the Health Checks done.


Whoopsiedangleplop: Oh, dearie me, the blood pressure was even higher on the NHS graph results this morning! The pulse was tremendously high for some reason. Although, with the medications nurse, Leiya and the cock-ups about days and dates, and the worry over the prescription's status, and the vascular paperwork to get sorted, maybe this rise was inevitable? This is not good.

WhoopsiedangleplopI took the morning medications, and about ten minutes later, I took another wee-wee. Boy, oh boy, had the Furesomide done its job quick or what? A proper LPPPS (Long-Powerful-Persistent-Peeing-Session) was suffered, Hehe! The pain with it was sharp, but at least there was no PM (Pre-Micturitional) or CM (Cessational Micturitional) dribbling.

I got the Tuesday blog updated and sent it to Blogger. Emailed the link, and I replied to two comments. I went on Facebooking on the RFZ and Winwood Heights pages.

Made a brew of Glengettie tea and then started this template off.

Made a mug of Co-op 99 tea, ate some unhealthy, naughty lemon slice cakes and continued with creating this post. 

There was a good reason that I ate three of the cake slices... I was feeling in need of comfort food! Hehehe!

WhoopsiedangleplopI was working away and forgot the time... I had to shoot off to get the ablutions tended to, else my plans to get the Iceland order sorted out and for me to see Deana would not work out. So it had to be a very rushed stand-up session.

Accifauxpas: Which meant it was unpleasant, bubbling to hurry experience. I cut my head, shaving behind the earhole. (I still can't understand how the hair grows behind the tabs and neck, but nowhere else on the head?) Had what must have been dozens of dropsies, knocked things over, and after dropping the facecloth, I clouted my chin on the edge of the sink as I bent down to retrieve it! 

Accifauxpas: Then, soaking the facecloths to clean and sanitise them, I stupidly put my hand under the running hot water tap (faucet). Although, somehow, it had calmed down by the time I got to take this photo of it? Tsk! Another chance for me to appear to seem heroically brave and pain bearing. Hahaha! 

I made up three more waste bags and took them to the waste chute.

05:55hrs: Then it was the start of two hour Iceland delivery slot, so I got on the computer, working away, awaiting the intercom to ring, to indicate the arrival of the Iceland food.

Which it did, at 07:50hrs. The chap put the bags in the doorway for me. I thanked him, he turned down an offer of a can of plonk and shot off. This left me with the task of sorting and storing the fodder in a hurry, else I might be late for getting to Deana.

WhoopsiedangleplopI filled the fridge, and the freezer ended up fuller than it has been for ages. But mostly with comfort foods. Milk, Sherbert, Noughat, and Dairy Chocolate iced lollies, and cheapo imitation Cornettos. Feeling guilty? Me? Yes!

I got the foods away, and I gathered the pouch with the things in, needed to get help with. I could feel myself getting more confused at this stage, and a mild panic gripped me?

Whoopsiedangleplop-AccifauxpasI got the walker guide out and went down in the elevator. As I got out of the lift cage, Dizzy Dennis had a moment or two; that worried me. But it was nothing to fret over, and he'd finished with me a minute or so later. But I still retained a mild nervousness, no idea why? As I'd had to stop, I decided to take some shots as I walked through into the main lobby.

Lift lobby, towards the main entrance-exit hall, and the seating provided for us.

Out into the daylight, I was struggling to walk a little, thanks to Cathy Cartilage, Shaking Shaun, and Neuropathy Pete giving me the stinging on the right side, which of course, made the shaking a little more prominent. I got to the ILC's office in Winwood Court and greeted Deana and Julie. I think I may have looked a little pale and drawn, judging by their kind reactions and inquiries of how I felt. They supplied a seat for me.

Desktop dancer, and Warden, Deana, bless her, went through the pouch and asked what I wanted her to do for me. Deana got around to ringing the Doctors, no, the District Nurse place and got a message to Leia to assess when she would be coming, unknown but not for a while (Leia rang back later). She said that the prescriptions should be arriving tomorrow. (We'll see, even if they do, I bet it will be late in the day or evening! Which will ensure I have another miserable short sleep again!) 

I forgot to get the notes of things to remember from Deans, and already they are off into the ether.

Dean didn't realise there was so much in the paperwork to get through and had to stop, as she had to go for her Covid-jab. I got a little confused; I think she said for me to go back Tuesday or Thursday to complete the forms. Thursday, which I believe said would be fine, is, of course, when the prescriptions are due? I'm losing the plot here!

As I left to go back to the flat, I took this photo of the buses, one to town, one to Sherwood and Bestwood arriving.

The legs were a bit dodgy, weak. I think I'm in for some bother soon, healthwise.

Amazing how mong it took me to walk back, Dizzy Dennis had a few moments of fun with me en route.

WhoopsiedangleplopI took a snap of the electronic noticeboard near the lifts as I was waiting for the cage to arrive. It looked like we'd lost the left lift? Hehe!

Up to the flat, trolley inside, and a viscous wee-wee was taken. The legs were bloated a bit this morning, so I'd taken a Furesomide; that will be the reason!

I made a brew of Glengettie, but of course, now I only have the watery semi-skimmed milk in the fridge. But I'll get used to it; it's better than the damned tasteless decaffeinated tea! Eugh!

I got the computer on and got the photos I'd taken prepped in CorelDraw, which was a longer job than I thought it would be.

Made a brew of Thompsons Punjana tea and took this snap in scene mode with the Canon camera.

I checked on the potatoes and turned up the heat on them.

Then treated myself to a Barratts Nougat Raspberry and Vanilla flavoured, Ice-Cream Lollie. Delicious tasting, if a bit sweet!

I would recommend that anyone interested in trying these buys them from the shop. Cause I have to order mine for delivery, and after being in a filled van like today, for 2½ hours, it does tend to be a bit soft and runny. 

Possibility of a slight Inchcock Lie Here: But, being the sharp, intellectual, educated, clever, sharp-witted, inventive type of young, handsome, healthy, fit forty-year-old man like what I am, I'd thought of this and bought some cup cones along with the lollies, and tipped the part melted ice cream stick into the cone - Wallah! 

A small win over Iceland! They all count! Haha! 

Which reminds me, I must get a Morrison order done; I'll do it now; while I think of it...

WhoopsiedangleplopI've got it done via Amazon: But right at the end, I couldn't remember when I'd ordered it for. So, I looked for an email. 

Gotten Himmel! It's coming today, from 16:00 > 18:00hrs! Talk about quick! This means, of course, I've stupidly put myself in the position of getting my head down late (for me!) again, for the third day on the trot! I noticed that they have added nearly £8 to the free delivery charge to cover for any potential changes to the order?

Stupidity, a mind that is losing its grip, and my bad luck, combined, seem to be in charge nowadays. Glubblegronks!

Ah, well, make the best of it while I can - Who said that? Haha!

I came across the AstraZeneca card the nurses left when she gave me the first shot of the poisonous, near-lethal, crippling Covid-19 vaccination. 

I think they are due this Saturday to give me the second one, but what do I know...

I went on CorelDraw to try once more to get some graphics done in advance. I managed to get a couple of representations made up, then turned off the computer and got the meal served up on a plate (all bar the spuds) to save me time later. Getting really tired and irritable with it now.

The intercom sounded, and it was the Amazon-Morrison that was arriving.

I pressed the door release button, and the gal was up at the door in a couple of minutes, with just four bags of shopping for me.

The gal mentions I looked a little wan and asked if I was alright. I replied, 'Yes, thank you.

Then put the four bags in the doorway for me, accepted a can of Pimms, and trotted off, wishing me well.

I got the food and cleaners stored away. I was surprised at how the fridge was not as full as it usually is after a delivery, and I've two of them today?

I must remember to find time to get the nibbles down for Jenny, Doris and Frank.

I did enjoy the nosh, though, very much.

Beef filled buttered soft pitta bread sarnies, Some small paprika-seasoned salad potatoes, tomatoes, two sausages, fried dried onions, and some Worcester sauce sticks. A carton of the Sicilian lemon yoghourt to follow. After this 9/10 rated feast, all I wanted was to sleep.

WhoopsiedangleplopBut, No! Colin Cramps started off the minute I got my legs up. I took an extra Codeine and used half of the last tube of Phorpain gel over the next four hours. I dare not take any more. But the medications did not do much to ease the constant

pain. I was getting more splenetic, angry and techier with myself than I've been in ages.

I did have a few nodding offs, but they only lasted for a few minutes and were not often enough for my liking. 

Grumph!

4 comments:

  1. Your BP really shot up. It's been a long time since your first shot. Maybe after such a long time you won't react any worse. That's if you get it. Nice set of photos. Excellent looking A rated meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tim.
    I dread the thought of having the second jab, but its got to be done. Well, not dread the jab, but the after-effects.
    Google won't let me on my WP blog, I have to use Firefox. I only use it to go on the reader, but tis such a messy affair.
    Sleep is my next project, Hehehe!
    All the bestest to all and sundry over there, Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pulse too the stage, innit so? 13 pulses more in the one day, at least that level is unusual. Should drop forthwith in the morning or so. Comfort foods took the day, and are now on display in the fridge.
    Green buses heading their way on a green summer day — it's wot I say t'day.
    A 9/10 nosh rating ain't bad, opines Billum.
    Hoping that your Friday is treating you well and proper.
    A considerate word for July and Deana is wot I have to say. They oft pull through to do a kind task, and to do it with aplomb!

    The Canon did a great job of photoing the inside (and outside yer fine building). Perhaps it was the Thompson's punjana that gave it shades of brilliance, I wonder how Glengettie would have fared?
    A nice and official looking AstraZeneca card will get you a discount at the vendor of choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pulse proving a free wind, I reckon, Billum. Soon be back down mate.
    And all melted when I left the door open - refroze. now misshaped, haha!
    It be a good one that - but it is not too good upon the next day, but that would be due to the Whoopsies unsettling me?
    I shall mentioned this to the girls. Merci!
    Ah, tis a competition of joy for me, Sir. Deciding which of the favourite three to drinketh. All on the same level likewise, yet subtly different-ski. It offers me a choice, something I'm limited in usually, but not by tea, do you see?
    The memory of what the AstraZeneca did to me is getting eased, Sir - upon my Mr G calendar, it tells me the second jab is due tomorrow (Sat), so fingers crossed if you don't mind good Sir. I fank you!

    ReplyDelete