Wednesday 28 April 2021

Inchcock's Day: Tuesday 27th April 2021: Medicationalistical stuff mostly today

Haveth a great Day!

TFZers out for a meal, no, really!


Tuesday 27th April 2021

Welsh: Dydd Mawrth 27ain Ebrill 2021

00:30hrs: I sprang awake in a bit of a panic and thought I ought to have been in a rowing boat, for some reason, not in the recliner... I must have been dreaming, perhaps, maybe? 

I soon calmed down, and almost casually, I rose, easily enough, grabbed Metal-Mickey and went to make a brew of Glengettie team.

As I got the kettle on, my mind turned to the things, duties and happenings that needed doing and were going to happen today. I felt so halcyon as I mused and tried to remember everything that I needed to; 

  • The Medicine Nurse is calling sometime today, but she has to talk to the Doctor and Chemist first, so it could be an early visit if she spoke with them yesterday, or a late one, if she has to do it this morning.

  • I must contact and explain why I can't see Deana this morning, after arranging with her to do so yesterday! And make another appointment to see her soon!

  • Email Sister Jane to thank her for helping out with the nurse when I failed to remember she was coming to see me.
  • This brought to mind the Vascular Dementia and how I knew it was coming; why all the forgetting, confusions, and fear of letters came? 
  • The Iceland order day must be checked in case I get it wrong again.

  • Why do I feel so pacifistic? (This did not last long, as you will read of later) But I was enjoying this short-lived period of the tranquillity of mind, all the same. 

Accifauxpas/Whoopsiedangleplop:

I brewed the tea and got the bottle of milk from the fridge. Nicodemus's Neurotransmitters failed as I was screwing off the lid, and I applied too much pressure and got a tiny cut on my finger. It bled far more than I thought it should be doing; it was only a very shallow slight half-inch nick at most?

The Brut after-shave solved the problem. It made me jump a bit, mind you. Hehe! There was no bother with the cut, but it concerned me that the Warfarin level may be too high. How am I to know, not having any INR blood test for over six weeks now? Gawd knows when the next one will be due!

Whoopsiedangleplop: My short-lived moments of equanimity faded fast. I got the medications taken, had a belated weak wee-wee, and got on with updating the Monday blog. This didn't take too long, or, I should say, this wasn't taking too long - until Saccades Sandra kicked off! That brought on the blues and slowed everything down. Odd moments, I could just not see anything clearly at all.

Saccades Sandra eased off after a couple of hours. Phew! I sent it off, emailed the Blogger link, and replied to two comments. Email sent to Sister Jane thanking her for trying to help the nurse find me.

I got the Health checks done. The results were not as good as yesterdays, but they have been worse—no reds, but a few Amber results; SYS and Temperature. Of course, the Blood Pressure was in the red; it's never been out of it for many months now.


Then I got this template made up, and I started on today's blog.

I got as far as here, and I made a brew of Thompsons Punjana and got some nibbles to have with it, biscuits. I viewed a couple of YouTube items as I tried to relax. Then, off to do the ablutioning.

The teeth, shaving and shower, went as sweet as a nut! The drying of, grrreat, no knocking anything off or over! The medicationing went smoothly and almost pain -free! 

Then it came to getting dressed. Being as there is a possibility that the Cardiac lady might come this week, I decided I'd have to wear socks, just if they find out amiss and need me to in. 

Whoopsidedangleplop-Accifauxpas

I chose the half-length black Bamboo ones. From picking up the socks to getting them both on, it took me longer than doing the teeth, shaving, showering, medicating and drying off! And, I upset Arthur Itis, Cartilage Cathy and Back Pain Brenda in doing so! Argh! 

I even surprised myself when I found that I made up six small bags of rubbish to go to the chute. How can one old twit keep making so much waste?


I risked it and took Woody William (Walking Stick) with me to the waste-chute room instead of the trolley guide. No problems either way of any sort, Smug-Mode-Adopted!

WhoopsidedangleplopBack to the flat, and I got the handwashing done. Made a bit of a mess, but cleaned it up, which also annoyed Arthur Itis. Tsk!

All washed, rinsed, rung and hung above the sink. There were only a few socks and one shirt to do, so I did them. Hehehe!

Made a brew of Thompsons Punjana and then back to the blog, but not long. The summoning to the Porcelain Throne arrived belatedly. Off to the wet room, I limped, and what a terrible session it was!

Whoopsidedangleplop-Accifauxpas: The actual release was as near to perfect as it could be - Painless and quick, almost a pleasure! But the black mass would not disappear, even after three or four flushes! I had to refill the tank by hand several times, as well. Eventually, it finally went down the T-Pipe trap. I replaced the lid on the tank and caught my finger as I pressed it down, and the minuscule nick from earlier flowed again. (It didn't hurt at all. Until I successfully applied the Brut to stop the bleeding). Even Harolds Haemorrhoids barely gave me any bother!

I went to the kitchen to make a brew for the one that had gone cold. And reached beyond the crock-pot to get the stirrer...


Whoopsidedangleplop-Accifauxpas: And burnt my arm/wrist, as I caught it on outer-pot! Now that did hurt! Hahaha! Had it been the right arm, and Nicidemus's neurotransmitter were not responding at that moment, I might have got away pain-free! Hehe! But, no! 
Did some more work on this post, then I made another brew, Co-op 99, this time.

I got myself settled and gave table-top dancer ILC Warden Deana a phone call to explain my cock-up over the Medicine nurses appointment yesterday. And made a provisional time on 09:00hrs tomorrow morning that she agreed with; to help me with the vascular dementia Q & A's. Bless her!

I popped out on the balcony and noticed cars in the end, parking area—ten of them; five red, three black and two white. I took a photo to update Billum of Ohio. The Associate Professor of the RCMA Red Car Monitoring Assessment Organiser (Financial Donations Accepted)

I then went on CorelDraw to make up at least a few (I hope) TFZer graphics. But the nurse may call anytime now; it's 10:30hrs.

14:00hrs: No show yet from the nurse. Can't be helped. Given up on graphicationalisationing now. I dare not put the TV on, I dare not get my head down, for fear of not hearing the intercom. Oh, dearie me!

16:30hrs now. Still, I got a few graphics done at least. No idea now whether she will come or not? I'm shattered! And I've to see Deana in the morning about the Dementia form filling at 09:00hrs. I've got Iceland arriving twixt 0600 > 0800hrs... Sleep is going to be awkward. 

I tried to get a Sainsbury order in, but no suitable time slots available. Humph! 

18:30hrs now, I don't think the nurse will arrive this late, so I'll get a wash and change into the jammies and get something to eat. Worra life!

A quick nosh, well, not the potatoes, they have been in the crockpot for over thirteen hours, Hehe! Tomatoes smoked ham offcuts, and the last of the pot of lemon compote yoghourt.

The Thought-Storms erupted as soon as I got settled in the second-hand, £300, c1968, overwhelmingly-sickeningly beige coloured, tatty, uncomfortable, wobbly-recliner. Worrying, fretting, even scared at times at how I was losing a grip on reality. And nibbling away like I was starving?

A horrible night, ever waking and finding the thoughts were still active in my brain every time.

Not good!

2 comments:

  1. Being burnt red on the edge of a slow cooker is an outrage, possibly the reason that red cars have shown up in such a large number. Unfortunate indeed that you have to prevent kipping off because yer waiting for a nurse or equivalent to show up at all hours of the day. Wot a worry. Then yer tosses a thought into the fretathon and lower chances of getting any kip whatsoever. Blang stang it!!
    Great wishes from Billum and Lisiski.
    Cheersiski

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billum:
    Love the link to the red cars, Sir. Hehe!
    'Fretathon' what a great word you created, Billum! I may use that later, if you don't mind.
    Thanks for the understanding old chap. Happy Humira!
    Kindly return my best wishes ti HRH Lisa, and you good selfski. ♥

    ReplyDelete