Friday 21 May 2021

Inchies Day: Graphicalisations, Photographicalisations, some local news, and an Ode...

 Inchies Day


Thursday 20th May 2021

Hardships will arrive, later in life,

Of course, you can have these, anytime,

Bringing trouble and strife,

A pathogenic bacterial organism, a microzyme,

Maybe there could be an afterlife,

Perhaps death will be sublime?

At least I don't have to worry about a wife,

After all, I've lived a nonlife,

But, I usually cheer up in Maytime,

Not now though, I'm miserable, but that's not a crime.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our Wonderful Blue Skies!

Really early in the day, the blue clouds were looking like artwork.

A few hours later, the blue was joined by some reds and a smattering of yellow. 

The Fighting Temeraire, which Joseph Mallord William Turner painted in 1838, came to mind while I was amazed at the sky's beauty.

The Cloud Appreciation Society members should have been here with me. Later on, the light dawning, they were so vivid that I wanted to reach up and touch them... but I didn't, of course. Hehe!

I have these moments of cloud-loving now and then. On a bad day, I may not even notice them, but today, I am currently in fine spirits with Arthur, Cathy and Anne Gyna are all being kind to me... in fact, I was feeling sprightly... well, almost!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Health Checks

Two days results in the Green!
Never before has this been seen!
Contentment, I detect and glean,
Even if life is not precisely apogean!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As I was getting a bag made up to take to Jen ♥, Nora ♥ and Frank, the telephone rang. Knackwrangles!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

♥ Jenny called on the Landline ♥

I thought it was the con-caller trying his Nigerian or Lithuanian luck again. Gladly it was Jenny on the line. We had a little natter, and she said she had a China type mug I could have and would bring it up to me, bless her. I mentioned that I was coming down anyway in a while, so she said she would leave the mug outside in the hallway with money to pay for the tissues in the bag. We spoke of the annoying con-calls on the landline and told me there was no cause to get excited, just ring off. She's perfectly correct, of course, but getting up to answer the phone can be painful, then the getting back down again the same, thanks to Arthur Itis and Cartilage Cathy.

I gathered the bag for Jen and put it on the handlebar and loads of waste in the box on the walker trolley.

It was a work of art getting it out of the doorway, (By work of art, I mean farcical struggle, Haha!) I wobbled my way, somewhat precariously to the waste chute room, and deposited the bags, not Jenny's, of course. Although it was a close thing, I managed to stop myself in time - Humph!

I got to the lift (elevator) and keen alert. as usual, I spotted this sign on the right-hand side lift doors


The Elevator Farcicalness!

Getting the one lift down was not going to be a straightforward job. The elevator cage passed me by several times. Eventually, It did stop, and a lady who was in it, from a floor above, was most distressed; she been waiting for ages and had the same thing with the cage passing her by many times, bless her. And, I had to go down with her, then back up again. It's all fun at Winwood Courts, I can tell yers. Especially at Woodthorpe Court, with the hobgoblins, spectres, gnomai, phantasms, and ghosts. Plus, the grotesque ectoplasms, succubae, extraterrestrials, or the Fata Morganas, that have been sent to taunt, irritate and terminate my already limited saneness of mind to the ultimate limit?

I got lost there, where was I? Oh, yes!... I got to Jen's apartment, and the bag with the mug and money in it was outside her door. I swapped it for the goody bag, knocked on the door, rang the bell, and hobbled back to the lifts... well, lift at it is at the moment. But again, it passed me by several times, but I got back up much quicker than I got down, at least. Hehehe!

I got in the door, and I made a brew of Glengettie, using Jenny's donated mug. She'd put a note on the bag saying it was the best she could do for me, but knew it wasn't a good China mug, bless her cotton socks. I indulged in the brew. And updated this template.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I tried to get some Graphics made up. But the fatigue that had been missing this morning had now arrived with a vengeance, this afternoon. I was suddenly done in, drained and feeling so weary. Shame that! I'd better get something to eat, methinks.

This was not one of the tastiest of meals at all...



The so-claimed Pork Farms Pork Pie was of a different recipe - I suppose they have changed it now, so, no more for me. It tasted horrible, and after one bite, the pieces were all dispatched to the waste bin! And, the so-called Jersey new potatoes from the Co-op were almost foul-tasting, Eurgh! Many of them were not eaten, not good! 

The sausages, Surami sticks and tomatoes were fine! Taste-rating: 6.2/10.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Sweet Morpheus was delayed by the Thought Storms again. They were fast, furious and fermented further fearful thoughts... for what seemed like hours... Gragnangles!

2 comments:

  1. You need a table next to your old recliner to have the phone on so you can answer the phone more easily. Great photos. A bit of a fail on the meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point, Tim. I had one on the Ottoman a year or two ago, but tripped over the wiring, ended up in hospital if you recall. Trouble being, I just can't get on with the line-free phones with the ears being so bad. Alway struggle to understand folk on them... well, apart from Deana, Sister Jane (although she uses a mobile and I do sruggle at times, and the Doctors receptionist.
    When I fail on fodder, it's usually a flaming big one, Hahaha!
    Keep safe, we've got the Covid Indian variant her now, Tsk!

    ReplyDelete