Tuesday 8 June 2021

Inchies Day: Tuesday 8th June 2021: Dairy, Graphics, Photographicalisations & the odd Ode

 Not a very aware of events day, sadly!

Hello, hello, hello... What's all this, then?

Tuesday 8th June 2021

Nocturnal nightmare, until there was moonlight,

Getting to sleep was a losing fight,

The phone rang three times,

Twice the door chimes,

Call to WC, I was in a right plight,

I gave up, stayed up all night!

Updated the Monday blog with attention,

Got the Health Checks done, did I mention?

Made a brew, with the best of intentions,

The brain was still a smidge short in retention!

Nocturnal Nightmare, been up all night! Humph!

Things got in a mess, mentally, and me into a pickle. Thus, I lost track and went into such a confused state. I was making decisions and doing things without making notes on the pad! So, many things will have been missed off of the day's events, I'm afraid. Sorry! Photographs gave me some memories back. But I went out to Bulwell. For some of the pictures helped me recall details, incidents in good order. Others may well have been missed off altogether. But I didn't get around to updating them on here for many yonks. Well, after the trip out and hours beyond my usual head-down time. I'll do my bestest.

I did the Health Checks and made a graphic

Set out on my bus ride to Bulwell

Took the waste bags to the chute en-route. I got to the bus stop with only minutes to spare. Penny, Jean, Chrissie and Roy were at the bus stop. But it was great to have a mini-chinwag! Arrived in Bulwell Market Place. I was well bruised and knocked-about, with having to fight to hold onto the three-wheeler en route. We had the dedicated Stirling Moss fan driving the bus again. Hehe!

Searched for a cheap watch!

I tried a couple of charity shop without any luck. Then had a look in the Market Place. Aha! Got one; that was seeable easily enough for Saccades Sandra and me.

Content with my purchase, I hobbled along Main Street to have a nosey in the Fulton Food Store - Blimus! It was no longer there! The premises were now being used by a Continental Cafe, a cafe. That kyboshed my plans to get some cooked pork, Hey-Ho! Then along to the cheapo medical shop to see if they had any Protections Pants, Germolene and or lavender Dettol in stock. Blow me down... that shop was now a gambling den! And, the dangers of the ignorant, idle, mobility scooters was ever-present and needed care-taking! 

Not doing so well now, am I? Tsk!

To the Poundland shop, and bought comfort foods, two carrier bags full of them! Guilt and Self-Loathing Modes Adopted! Multi-pack of Twiglets, Orange chocolate digestive, and  Worcestershire flavoured chip-sticks! Oh, and a packet of wild bird seeds, then risked life and limb, avoiding the traffic, pavement cyclists, and many disability scooters, and got to the River Leen bridge to feed the pigeons.

I've not been able to visit and do this for over two years now, and I really enjoyed it! Other things to place, I'm sure, but no recall.

Hobbled over to the bus station - Accifauxpas!

I trod on a bit of broken glass lying on the bus station floor; I now have a cut underfoot and need a new pair of shoes. Isn't my life lucky!

To add to the Whoopsiedangleplop, as I struggled to make sure the glass had not stuck in the shoe, adscititiously, a disabled scooter driver hit the back of my legs! Gave me a dirty look and shot off on her journey! The Shmo!

I was feeling a little more yonderly when I arrived at the bus shelter. But, I was well pleased to see Jean sat there waiting for the L19 bus.

And we were soon both in complete agreement...

About the idiot who had left one of the Escootera, right in front of the seating for the passengers! A positive danger and a foolish, thoughtless thing to do. The Git!!!

A Most Painful Bus Ride Home

So many ailments got hot and bothered on this journey; Harold's Haemorrhoids was the worst affected. But Cartilage Cathy and the underfoot cut were given a bit of hassle, with my having to hold onto the three-wheeler to stop it flying away at each corner or bend we took. And the uneven roads that the old bus had given up on softening. Humph! To make things worse, on the bus, conversations with Jean were impossible for us to have.

Back Home!

I went to Winwood Court and Jean, and I called in to see ILCs Deana and Julie. I can't recapture what we spoke about... thank you, Vascular Dementia!

Yet I do recall Deana telling me that the cut-through passage to Woodthorpe was now open again - Grrreat!

Back to the flats & up in the lift!

ACCIFAUXPAS!

Being somewhat vacant-minded as I entered the lift cage, I pushed the trolley inside without noticing that someone left the drop-down seat in the open position... 'Clunk! - Thud!' Little Inchoe took the brunt of the collision with the trolley basket.

It stung a bit! 

Prepped for the Carer to arrive

Wee-weed, made a brew, got the purchasers put away, and got the new watch on my wrist. It gets vague after this...

I'd not eaten, and I had fallen asleep in the £300, second-hand, c1968, cringingly-beige-coloured, not-working, rickety recliner, although I do not remember getting into it? 

Waking up with a jolt, I got ready for the Carer, Robert, I think, to arrive at 19:00hrs. Then I had a look at the underfoot cut, which was of no bother by now, and very little blood. The nice carer chap came in around 19:25hrs, as I was trying to make a start on updating this blog. I was so tired with no sleep last night, my concentration was not good. He only handed me one Warfarin again, but he made it right. I think we had gossip and laughter between us before he departed on his rounds. I was well worn-out now, cerebrally.

ACCIFAUXPAS!

Returning from the door, I gave myself a right good toe-stubbing on the metal swivel chair legs! I think I may have uttered something along the lines of, "Oh, flipping 'eck!" Summat like that. Ahem!

I had a look at the toe; to my amazement, I found little pinkish spots between the hallux and second toe. Nowhere near the minuscule cut underfoot or the second toes stubbing? Another of the mysteries of Woodthorpe Court, with the hobgoblins, spectres, gnomai, phantasms, ghost, succubuses, extraterrestrials, ectoplasms, or the Fata Morganas, that have been sent to taunt, irritate and terminate my already limited saneness of mind? Comprehension judiciousness, prudence, level-headedness, and stability of mind!

Five Hours Updating the Blog

I think I need help here? Hehehe!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like athlete's foot on your toe. A little Clotrimazole 1% Antifungal Cream would take care of that. It sucks when you get athlete's foot when you are not doing anything athletic. Although you did get out and get a lot of nice photos. The pigeons looked like they really appreciated you risking life and limb to give them a snack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tim, Footwise, I have some Clobetasone Butyrate cream (Little Inchies fungal lesion) and ) Daktacort cream in stock. Might they help. mate?
      The pigeons are my mother nature, not a patch on your owls, furries, otters etc., though. Hehe
      Hope all are well out there, Sir.

      Delete
  2. The pastie business appears brusk, a full inventory by all appearances.
    Good to see the BP working at achieving a steady norm in the green, it is all relative methinks but I like color-coded graphics. The watch looks much better than ye olde watche, easier to read as well. Quite the thing to lose a pork outlet to a gambling operation, but things do have a way of changing whenever given the slightest time to turn into summat else. Good that you managed a bit of chin wagging while out and about. Also good to see the happy pigeons who look like they gave your crumb nosh a 10/10 rating, always good to see satisfied pigeons gathering and appreciative. They broken bottle was enough of a pest, I am hoping that it does not fester.
    Speaking of Warfarin carage, I was driving by the hospital and decided to stop by and establish an appointment. Well, it turns out that business was light, they took my blood direct and reported a good number in return. Do not need to return until July 7, good news is wot I calls it.
    We seem to be equally prone to foot-stubbages, a pain in the toes is wot they are, cocker.
    Morgen ist Mittwoch, schon Mittwoch im Land der Nottinghammer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Billum. Well wrote, that note!

      I've just noticed, after months, that I had been colouring the SYS with the wring colour, green, it should have been amber. An easy mistake to make... for a twit! Hehehe!

      Could the losing a pork outlet to a gambling operation, be related to the American Gambling laws? I ask you, being as Bulwell is becoming a right rough STATE. Hehehe! Either which way - till such a sad loss.

      I'm hoping the drunkard who dropped the bottle does not read this and sues me for damaging his artwork?.

      Warfarin call-in; I too think it as a great idea and result, Sir. Welleth Done!

      As a fellow Foot-Stubberer, methinks a bi-monthly scribblings every year might be a good idea... what am I saying? Oh, dear!

      Ein Schweinefleisch-Outlet zu einem Glücksspielbetrieb - eine traurige bekehrung, wirklich!

      Keepeth safe, ♥

      Delete