Sunday 18 July 2021

Sunday 18th July 2021: Inchies Diary - Photographicalisations, and maybe the odd ode, that might be told?


Saturday 17th July 2021 Evening.

Made a snack instead of a meal. My hunger was at a minimal level. Why? No idea!

For the past few nights, Sweet Morpheus has been reluctant to come, no matter how tired and worn out mentally I felt. Usually, the TV is put on, not to be watched, but I believe the banal adverts, commercials help me get to sleep. But last night, I washed the pots and got a bag of Quavers to nibble, turned on the TV, and found a documentary on murderers was showing. Ah, I thought, I'll watch this one. First set of adverts and... Zzz!

I woke up again as the programme was finished and the credits were rolling.

Back to normal then, could I get back to sleep? No! Well, not for a long time. When I did, I think I got at least five hours of head-down time. ☺ Which was nice and welcome.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sunday 18th July 2021

TFZers About Town?

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ode to Sunday

I'm not keen on getting up any day,

But more unkeenerer on a Sunday!

No visitors to natter to today,

Carers will call, maybe Nichole, Helen or May?

I'm hoping they come before midday,

Because of this, my hopes fade away,

My concentration is thus, faraway,

Depression does often overstay,

I wish sometimes, I could be towed away,

And walk into things like the doorway,

And suffer many a mental affray!

Sometimes I desire to be castaway,

It doesn't make sense what I do say...

Life can be an apologia!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Slow Motion Awakening

04:45hrs: Stirred and waited for the brain to do the same. It didn't, and I nodded off again.

05:20hrs: Woken with the Thought Storms belting away in my head. When they slowed down, I drifted back to sleep again.

06:30hrs: I returned to imitation wakefulness once more and realised how late it was, and things have to be done before the Carer arrives. The body was not too keen on being disturbed from its slumber, and the usual help that comes, of me wanting a wee-wee, did not? I found this inexplicable. The awakening time wee-wee demand has never failed to appear every day, for months now? I'm puzzled!

I rose from the depths of the c1968, £300, second-hand, none-working, nauseously beige-coloured grotty recliner - easilier than I have done for many weeks, gone. Caught my balance and meandered into the kitchen to get the kettle on and see if the views were worth photographicalisationing.

The mind went into one of its vague modes, and I cleaned and out some potatoes in the crockpot. Added perhaps too much seasoning of smoked paprika. It tastes great! So to adjust it, I added a drop of the Stubb's liquid smoke. I think that Josie said she liked the taste last Sunday? I hope!

Got the dying computer on, the dreaded blue screen appeared, of course.

Health Checks Done

With Great BP Results!


Again, a new Lowest Ever BP!

Now down in the High Normal Prehypertension.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Celebration Cuppa!

I treated myself to a brew of Glengettie tea to mark the occasion! The view, the excellent shading, and the colouring of the scene outside just had to be recorded! I grabbed the Canon camera, clicked away happily:

Down below, Chestnut Drive.

Ahead, to the right.

Left and zoomed in.

Ahead, zoomed.

To the left, zoomed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Waste Bags Made-Up


Sorted the bin bags and got them in the box on the Walker-Guide Trolley. I can take them to the chute after feeding Josie. (That's the plan!)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Summoned To The Porcelain Throne

I got down on the raised seat in anticipation of another reluctant evacuation, and I got the pen and crossword book from the floor cabinet.

No sooner had I settled and opened the book, the action started. In slow motion, smoothly, painlessly and bloodlessly! Grrreat! A massive deposit in several torpedo-like lengths. Easy to clean up afterwards, the flush cleared the contents in two pushes of the lever... I've not had such an easy Porcelain Throne session in weeks!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Started This Blog Going

Had a break to make a mug of Thompsons Punjana, and as I poured it out, the door chimes burst forth, and Carer Craig came in. He soon had me sorted with the medications.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No Wee-Weeing Yet?

This is out of the ordinary, indeed! I tried to think of why this could be but failed to develop any scenarios or reasons, or even guesses?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Carried On Updating This Blog

Then went to prepare Josie's Sunday nosh.


I moved the meatballs and beef chilli all into the saucepan. I'll put the leeks in later. The meatballs are nice and soft, so Josie should be able to cope with them, I hope.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Checked Out The YourArea Emagazine

Did a search for anything of interest to go in this diary for today. Agan a scarcity...


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No Wee-Weeing Yet?

This is out of the ordinary, indeed! I tried to think of why this could be but failed to develop any scenarios or reasons, or even guesses?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Josie's Meal Made & Delivered


She seemed okay with her beef chilli stew?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pots Washed - Waste Removed


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Forty-Winks Attained!

Well, it was an hour and a bit of very welcome  Sweet Morpheus mode. Grrreat!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Fed Myself - Whoopsiedangleplop!


Same as Josie, but I didn't cut up my potatoes. 
I hope Josie likes hers; I was a tad disappointed with mine. I'd missed something off of the seasoning, methinks? A smidge bland... now I'll be in for a telling off from Jo's tomorrow! Hehe!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A Scorcher of a Day


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Got the Ablutions Sorted

I kept track of the dropsies, but there were so many increasingly as I moved on that it became impossible to count them! Tsk!

Still, no severe Whoopsiegangleplops or Accifauxpas suffered! 

The feet had gained a bit of colour... but that might be because I'd just get out of the shower when I took the photographs, of course.

Where have the sticking up & out veins gone?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Computerisationing!

I got caught up with this blog as I awaited the arrival of a Carer. Late arriving tonight? Sunny weather and weekend = poorly people?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Went on CorelDrawing

No Evening Carer Yet - late
20:30hrs, still no Carer arrived yet to give me the medications. I'm tempted to take them on my own; it's so late now. I imagine, as I might have said earlier, sudden sunny weather often discourages people from going to work! The few who have come in will undoubtedly be getting extra calls to cover for the absentees. Just the same in the Security industry when I was alive. Hehe!
I make a point of not being stroppy with those who arrive; it's not their fault!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - .

I'll get this blog titivated then...

I'll do this, then get it posted off, and I can add anything that might happen later to tomorrow's Inchies Day diary.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Shame! I bet the Warfarin level will have gone to pot in the morning!

4 comments:

  1. Those eScooters are annoying as people leave them everywhere. And then people have to drive around finding them at night to charge them and put them back out the next morning. Nice photos. The beef chili stew looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I observedereth, that Bloody Blogger had been at their font and formatting alterating best with this one, Tim. The preview before I posted it, looked all well, neat and tidy, but Google deemed it fit to step in and mangle my work. (Grumph!) Gits!
      I can thank you for the Chillisationing of my fodder, Sir. Hehe!

      Delete
  2. Your BP numbers have not been so consistent in a long time have they? A good sign is worth noting, sayeth Billum, who is still waiting for an ambassadorship to the UK from Joe Biden. Joe wants me to help solve all the problems I can within the next 4 years. No problemo, nada.
    Quite a busy kitchen at 72 Windthorpe, taters look fine, healthy, and tasty. Perhaps yer could market yer meals for the frozen food market, customers would most certainly clamor for more. Without a doubt.
    Those escooters look like nothing but a pain in the arse, and a sore eye to the eye. Yellow is too strong and glaring a color. Use the money elsewhere, that is wot I sayeth.
    TTFNski to all from the vicinity of Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amorning, Sir and HRHeth, Hope you are coping nicely? I was looking a propelling pencils on Amazon, for sketch artists! Multi-coloured refills on some of them. 05mm to 2mm leds. Is there a way I can order some and have them delivered to you, Billum?
      Ah, the BP, you is correct on all points mate! I'm still gobsmacked at it.
      Well, Joe has gone up in my esteem, now. How wise of him to consult you, a clever man.
      Flaming Escooterers and pavement cyclist are rife on Nottingham, some on the footpaths, scare me summat awful as they cone from behind, missing me by inches. Which Profit-Mad-Maniac started this trend off?
      The Evening Carer never arrived last night! I can only hope I took the right medications?

      I'm not so good this day - Duodenal Donald is ensuring that the stabbing pains are having a hey-day! I imagine prompted by my worrying about the medications carer failing to appear? Calming down a bit now I've mentioned it - so you think Donald is feeling guilty? Hahaha!

      I hope for a Morpheus s
      flood for HRH ♥, and the continued improvement for your good self, Sir!

      Delete