Sunday 12 June 2022

Ode: I Had a Moments Thinking Today...

ODE TO THINKING...

I had a moment thinking today, naturally, not clearly,

I'd liked to have shared them, but there was nobody,

So, I chatted with my pets, Giraffe, and Teddy Teddy,

Koala Kate, Lovely Lamb, and Geoff the Goatee,

We chinwagged for ages, all seemed friendly.

 


Then again, they always are, each one a darling

I bet you think I’m barking?


The daily grind then started...

Off to the Porcelain Throne, the moment I farted...

Funny how the Throne sessions, alternated,

It was visited six times, each much painfully evacuated!


 
Took a tumble in the shower, the nose exsanguinated...

Getting back up, I was annoyed, the toe was stubbed...

And back to the floor I slowly graduated...

By the time I got back up again, I'd sworn and blubbed!

 


 After which, my hobblings took on a new dimension,

I was fed-up with myself showing an inner aggression,

This only made worse my memory and procrastination,

So I sat down with a mug of tea, on a massive cushion,

Cause hitting the nose so hard, may give me concussion,

Harold's Haemorrhoids, gave off a warm wet sensation,

Then Little Inchies fungal lesion, I got hypertension!

 

Why do these things happen? It's not very complicated...

Doreen Dementia & Neuropathy Pete are so hard hearted!

They are to blame; I dream of them being anniliated...

Sorry, if my words seem a little unsophisticated...

But I think my right ankle may've been abarticulated!

 

 
I began to lose faith, during gesticulation, when...

When Mother said, I don't want it, throw it away...

She was gambling mad, got arrested again and again,

But I bear no malice, never did, and don't today,

But, without a doubt, though this can't be proven...

This why I had the education on par with a caveman,

Although I have remained clean shaven...

 


I've never found a peaceful, loving or safe haven...

Fight ailments, bad luck & depressions I've striven...

But it's not very often good luck is granted or given...

Overall, my contentment level has always been uneven...

I wanted to be a hero, brave & strong; Became a craven!

Financially I struggle, but just about breakeven...

Deaf, cataracts, neuropathy, diabetes, metal-ticker, stroke?

My extremities issued at birth were shriven...

Now they are even more withered...


 Despite being morose, they're things I still yearn...

I missed out on social eticate, I never did learn...

But failure, I found came easily, logic hard to decern...

No idea what'll happen after I go in the urn?

But please for sanity, tell them I don't want to return!

Reincarnation? No! Again I'd just be a kern!

 

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

1 comment:

  1. Very pleasant to find the friends created by the inimitable Lisa at the very beginning of this blog entry, each aptly named, all wishing to help you as best they can every day of the week. Considering that you've written this on a Sonntag, without doubt the worst day on the calendar, that is quite an important mission for those bright little creatures to accomplish, but they love doing it and the love your doting over them as well.. It is also the last day of the week and closes out a weekend — unless you are in the US, where "weekend" is a misnomer because it splits a weekend. Perhaps we should call it a week end/begin (a carriage return?)
    Six visits to the porcelain throne, and doing so despite that rather large hole on yer pate, Sir! I thought it might have been a third gunshot wound at first, but you appear to be ignoring it as you keep attention to whatever you are viewing or reading. Several tumblings in the shower also left you stubbed and bleeding on the pin as well. Sunday makes itself known in the worst of ways, it seems.
    "Kern", a light-armed foot soldier. Yes. that is what these photographicals represent. I am not asking for a return to the same planet even...Hahaha!!


    ReplyDelete