Friday 18 June 2021

Inchies Day - Thursday 17th June 2021: Graphics, Photographicalisations & the odd Ode

♥ TFZeress! ♥

Hint, hint?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 Thursday 17th June 2021
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Morning Ode

My feet were hurting from hobbling out apace, 

The Dentist left me with a contorted face,

Yet my faith, I continue to embrace,

My kind thoughts, I'll not debase!

But, when I'm visiting cyberspace,

Irritations will evolve and surface,

 I forgot what I was writing; it's commonplace!

I'll change the rhyme and typeface... 

Oh, dear, I just passed wind, Phwoar!

This could be a messy visit, I auger!

And it was gooey, for sure,

Knocked my shoulder against the door,

Fret not, it's not too painful or sore,

Later on, I may write some more,

Even though this ode is bazaar & poor!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Woke in a Rush About Mode!

Panic, flapping about, got things ready for a busy morning dawning. Got in a pickle with starting things and making a brew or taking a wee-wee and forgot what I was doing earlier! Eventually, I calmed down and...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Got the Healthchecks Done

Well, look at these results, will you? Phenomenal! Brilliant! Much better!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Morning Views from the Kitchen




Not the best photographs I've ever taken, but it was a little hazy out there, and the storm last night. I'm not too displeased with them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Computer Problems Humph!

The card reader would not work, CorelDraw stopped letting me use keyboard shortcuts.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nicodemus's Neurotransmitters Go on Strike

Got in a right mess with losing the sense of touch. Hours lost!

Carer Natalie Called

All sorted, no problems, bless her. ♥

INR Nurse Came and took the Blood

Managed a little natter and laugh while she took the blood sample for me.

Window Cleaner Arrived

Soon had sorted out. Booked next call for 09:30hrs, 15th July. 

Ablutions sorted

The legs were looking a little worse for wear this morning. I don't know why?


Readied to get the bus to Bulwell, Morrisons


Thought the no open inner passageway out to the bus stop, caught the bus, not many on it, but it filled a bit en route to Morrisons.


Arrived, I got inside and spent a while shopping. Paid and loaded up the trolley guide and out to the bus stop again.

Realised I'd got the timing wrong again, so had a long bash at the crossword book.


Got on the bus, continued with the crosswording, and took off my Andy Cap. Rather wittily I thought, the driver turned back to me and said: 'Sorry, I've not got any loose change, mate!' I did larf!

No passenger got on for ages; I was beginning to think I might have got on the wrong bus?

Back home, went through the link passage, got up into the flat, sorted the purchases away, and prepared a meal.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Home is where the heart is!


The fodder was given an 8/10 for its flavour rating. I ate the whole lot of it!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Washed the pots up

Then had a wash and put some Phorpain Gel on the poor tootsies and plates.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Perused the YourArea Emagazine

Found Some Snippets...




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Phone Call Came In

I'd nodded off again and was not really entirely with it when he called. The realisation that it was time for the carer to call but hadn't confused the brain a little. (Easily done nowadays!) Not that it was too difficult before the VD arrived, Tsk!

The Anticoagulation DVT man told me that the INR level had shot up to 6.1 and asked if I'd taken tonights dose yet. I said no, and explained about the Carers calling to give me the medications.

Mentioning that Meridian now do the Carer providing, as the previous ones gave me the wrong medications on many occasions. All okay now, though. 

He gave me the new dosages: Tonight none - Fri 1½ - Sat 2 -Sun 2. Next Blood test Monday.

He did not recognise Meridian and asked for their telephone number, which I got off of the folder they keep in the flat with the instructions etc., for the Carers use.

He's going to get in touch with them? I'd already told him things were okay now with this company, but he seemed a tad annoyed, judging by the tone of his speech?

I was, I'm sure, told not to worry over anything regarding the medications now; we will sort it all for you. Which, at the time, cheered me considerably. But now, I'm agitated again.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Whoopsiedangleplop

It's now gone 20:30hrs, and no carer has arrived. I hope whoever was coming have not had an accident. But what do I do now? I was told not to touch the medications as the Carers will be responsible for them, issuing restocking etc. Oh, dear me! At least there are no Warfarin to take tonight. But am I bold enough to dig into the bag and try to sort out the other tablets? Just don't know what to do! 

Wait and see if anyone arrives, I suppose. I know the Atorvastatin is one of them at nights, and I knew not to take any Warfarin tonight.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

♥ Aha! Carer Arrives ♥

A different Carer arrived, saying she was sorry she was so late (21:00hrs). Her name was Eliska, so now, along with Hristina, I have two beautifully named callers! ♥


 She even worked out for me what the ribbon referred to in the Duraphac 5000 prescription toothpaste instructions. Bless her. The 2cm Ribbon is the length of toothpaste to use and must be kept rigidly. Now I have to work out (ask Mr Google) what 2cm is in Olde English?

A nice young lady she was, patient with me. I told her of the Anticoagulation call. I was shattered when she went, but I gave her an ice cream lolly to eat on her way home. Hehe!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sweet Morpheus Resisted!
Getting to sleep was no easy thing. Which was irking me somewhat, considering how late it was and that I was so tired and drained mentally. Hergrumptlesomeness!

If I do ever get to sleep in the morning, I fear I  may not wake up in time for the Carer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Closing Imitation Ode

Life is such a swine at times, 

My newly found ability to fret and worry,

Over anything and everything, chimes,

The brain works slow, it's not in a hurry,

Often I feel guilty as if I'd committed crimes,

I often escape the logic and memory ecurie,

Thought Storms invade at bedtimes!

I miss my long gone mates and their cajolery

I can get depressed and blue, sometimes,

My Thought Storms are often self-annihilatory,

Occasionally, I can hear the door chimes,

My odes contain verbal embroidery,

Life is such a swine at times!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Still, what can yer do?

6 comments:

  1. An opening and closing ode. Quite nice on both ends. Nice to see you're getting out and about. Right decent looking well arranged meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a card reader that should be of assistance
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/0v8lZUzDBb95na7Td1hiexitis4MVJuMiIPn8mgLVZq6GWDDm93pRLRzYLaWO-OrfrsIoHIwV8IH6grxkveTE6glkCDoJHHOqtiaKQw
    Good luck, Sir!
    I like the "hint, hint" of the royals. Hope that doesn't slow down our imminent financial support from the Queen and Son.
    The picture with you and those earphones looked like a right proper newscaster. Well done, cocker!
    Say, I also enjoyed a larf over that famous cap. I shall look for spare change under the cushions, a reason to purchase a metal detector. You could use it to probe bus drivers for the odd bit of metallic currency.
    See you right here on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This what I put in Google, but nothing found, Sir? Sorry.
      https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/0v8lZUzDBb95na7Td1hiexitis4MVJuMiIPn8mgLVZq6GWDDm93pRLRzYLaWO-OrfrsIoHIwV8IH6grxkveTE6glkCDoJHHOqtiaKQw

      Not as attractive as out HRH, mind. But she keeps hanging on, poor old Charles will be past-it if he ever gets to be King. 'Selfish!' Hehe!
      I feel sure if he gets crowned, and some Scottish whisky downed, his opinion of out appeal, will not be frowned!
      I'm currently currency-searching, I must have some somewhere, surely? Hehe!
      The new carers are worse than the old ones for being late - it throws me out, you know. That happens a lot lately.
      TTFN

      Delete
  3. While on a Bus 40 or 19, watch out for the impact of such an atmospheric wonder.
    https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/FPCVZ6GPSMI6XIREXVM32IQZPQ.jpg&w=1800
    Just playing the weather gur for Inchcock's Day, as it were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again nothing found, although, putting in the words alone, I did get some pictures come up, but did not know which to click on.
      Damned bllogger doesn't let you but a connect link in comments, methinks.
      Sorry again..

      Delete