Wednesday 21 July 2021

Wednesday 21st July 2021: Diary, Photographicalisations, and maybe the odd ode, that might be told?

TFZer - His part-Time Job at the Tower Hehehe!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wednesday 21st July 2021

Yee Gods! I overslept! Me? Amazing! 

5½ hours of Sweet Morpheus's attentions, 01:00 to 06:30hrs! But this caused a semi-panic, then a Whoopsidenagleplop or two, as I woke up - a certain amount of confusion as well. Here's how things developed, as best I can recall: Woke up, I realised it was light... Looked at the wristwatch, then the clock... 06:30hrs: I remembered the Sainsbury's order was due twixt 06:30hrs and 07:30hrs... Fumbling my way out of the c1968 recliner, I thought I heard the door chimes... I nearly went over in getting to the door... But, no one was there? Then it dawned on me: it was the Intercom that was making the tune... It stopped before I could get to it... Then the landline rang forth - it was the JS deliveryman. I pressed the admit button... Scrambled about getting some trousers on... The indignant looking driver kindly threw the stuff in the box and bags for me and put them urgently inside the doorway...

I offered him a choice of plonk in thanks...
But this did not go down well with the chap...
Off he trundled, and I got the goods into the kitchenette to unload.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorted Out the Shortages

And things I'd ordered wrongly, Tsk!

The first lot had some naughty, comfort foods, and the best thing delivered: Fresh Pod Garden Peas. Got some at long last! Yee-Haa!

I thought I'd ordered two 200gm bags of misshaped mini potatoes but got it wrong - it was two bigger bags of 750gm!

Then, I found the 500gm bag of unperfect larger potatoes I assumed I'd ordered; it was a 2,500gm bag! I should be alright for potatoes, then?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wee-wee and a Wash

I felt a little sturdy medically afterwards. But not the brain. That was, that was still in a stubborn and excerebrose-mode! 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Onto the Computer.

I took this snap of the view through the balcony. And as I was about to start on this blog.

Then... Humph!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No Internet I got the spuds Started

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Health Checks Done

Ah, the good run on the Blood Pressure and other tests seems to be coming to an end?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Meridian Carer Arrived

It was supervisor Natalie. She seemed a little tense at first? But I brought her round with a few funnies and had her smiling again. She spoke of the shortages of medications, and I told her I'd mentioned to yesterdays carer. She's to look into the prescriptions and ring the Pharmacy for me. Bless Her! ♥

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pod Peas Shelled!

Highlight Of The Day to Date!

Using my well planned and highly efficient new method of de-podding, the peas suited me down to the ground:

"One for the pot, one for me!" Hehehe!.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

With so many items missing from the J Sainsbury order, I opted to make one for Iceland. Their site was in a bad state, dead slow, changing pages of its own accord Etcetera.! And getting in to pay for the goods was farcical, the order kept going to 'Save'. I'm not even sure how I got it in eventually.

I had to try three times to get a response by email that they had got the order. Hey-Ho!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Second Best Job of the Day

I had another go at making some pickled cucumber. I've lost the recipe I kept from the successful one I did - or rather, I can't find it!

I'll see how they come out. I added with the other ingredients a good splash of Worcester Sauce... that might prove disastrous. Hehe!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Putting the jar into the fridge, I caught the China mug hanging on its hook... Argh! Another miracle, it didn't break! And it travelled a fair way before it hit the floor; phew!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Landline Call In

A lady from Social Care rang me. A lengthy question and answer session later... I think we agreed to be visited by someone, but what it was concerning, I'm not sure. Perhaps paying for help with the laundering, or shopping?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Got The Nosh Sorted

Very late now, so I'll get the fodder made up and see how I feel then.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

92°f on the balcony thermometer!

The late afternoon sun is now in an optimum position to fry me to a crisp! I pulled together the hand me down moth-eaten, thin, threadbare curtains in a vain effort to keep cooler. Got down in the second-hand, £300, c1968, overwhelmingly-sickeningly beige coloured, tatty, uncomfortable, wobbly-recliner, and Zzzz!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

An hour-and-a-half later, at 18:00hrs...

I woke, passed wind involuntarily, the glasses fell off of my head, I knocked the food tray off of my bulbous belly, and the landline rang and flashed. A rude awakening, you could say? ☺

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Evening Carer Arrived

The gal had tended to me before a few times, a nice lady, always polite and after doing her paperwork and tabletmentising, had a little chinwag. Then, went with me to the waste-chute room as I took the bags to be deposited, Bless Her ♥.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

An Ode To Today

At times today, it felt like I was on a high,

Ready, able and willing to fly!

I'd begged for existence to simplify,

Feeling my brain would either melt or solidify,

Reasons for these emotions, I couldn't ratify,

The memory is fractured, I cannot deny,

Could my brain, the Doctors detoxify?

My worries and fears seemed to magnify,

Other times, I withdrew, just wanted to cry?

Saw the moon, was the end really nigh?

What's it all about - and Why?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I wish these Thought Storms would stop!

4 comments:

  1. "One for the pot, one for me!" Hehehe!.
    That is exactly how I handle the math. The trouble arrives when dealing with the solid geometry of those green peas. You have effectively situated bulwarks that keep the peas bound 360 degrees, otherwise you might need some calculus to account for the trajectory vectors of the unbounded pile of peas. It also deals with the problem of accounting for missing peas that must be accounted for during the noshing process. I understand that sufficient time under a piece of furniture allows them to morph into very effective ball bearings. Yer could probably sell these on eBay for those seeking ball bearings of a green color and stable solid specifications where quality is yer principal goal.
    Speaking of solids, that was a solid ode to an orb. Were it not?
    Happy Thursday, kind Sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fer that Billum. Quotes that although academically posed, were easy to understand, and created a rare smile from Inchie. Merci Mon Ami. ☺
      As I told Tim, the Darkness has a grip on me after Fridays lousy run of bad luck, sorry if my perkiness is a little low, mate.
      Love to HRH, and congratulations on your artisticalisationing.

      Delete
  2. Comfort food is so comforting. Sweet of the carer to have a chinwag and help with stuff to toss in the chute. Super well arranged meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm comfortable with, comforting comfort food. Hehehe!
    Got the shock of the year today - the cost of the carers... Oh, dearie me!
    The blackness rules this morning.
    Keep safe.

    ReplyDelete