Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Diary of Woe - July 2012

Sunday 1st July 2012

* Woke up 0600hrs, angina pains bad, went to loo, as I passed through the kitchen, I took the overnight-burnt pan of veg stew off the stove and placed it lovingly in a bowl of water.

* WC'd, made a cuppa, took medications, and did a bit on the Spoof.

* Made a little nosh for Margaret, Herrings in tom sauce, mushy peas, fried onions, and some cheesey potatoes, with spicy sauce.
* Went over to see Stew and Margaret.
Fetched some stuff for Stew from Lidl's.
* The heavens opened, the gutters and drains filled, and I went home.

Monday 2nd July 2012

* Up at 0500hrs, Spoofed a bit, took medications, made meal for the lovely Margaret, got me gigantic stack of dirty clobber ready top take to the laundry (two nig bags-full), did me ablutions and carbolicalised meself, and off to the launderette.

* On the way back, the chemist was open, so I called in to collect the medication they had not got in for Stewart when I called in last Friday for them.

They told me I had collected them on Saturday! - Confused now.

* Went over to see Margaret, had a chat, who reminded me that I had to go to the GP to pick up my own prescription for extra painkillers. So off I went.

* They had not got the prescription ready, so they told me to come back in the afternoon. (Of course I forgot)

* Had a walk into the City Centre, to try and get some cheap replacement head-phones for the ones that had packed up on me.
Looked in the pound shop, found some and bought 'em.
Then went into Argos, and they had some on offer at £7.99, so I treated meself to some.

* Got some treats at the 99p shop for the Blood clinic staff to have on breaks, by way of thanking them.

* Got home and tried out the head-phones - one didn't work, and the other is not loud enough. Huh! must be me ears getting worse!

Tuesday 3rd July 2012

* Up about 0600hrs, medications took, spent a while relaxing on the WC (not really relaxing, more a painful waiting session).

* Did some potatoes and cheese with sausage, onions and mushy peas for Margaret, must remember to take it with me when I go over later, after hopefully remembering to fetch prescription and have it filled at chemist.

* Went over to see Margaret and Stewart. Stewart had bought a new mobility scooter that looks like a three-wheeled Harley Davidson, I'll post a photo when I get to take one on me blog - it's looks brilliant! Fetched Stew some fodder from Lidl's, checking to make sure they did not overcharge me this time! Took it back to Stew's.

* Fetched me prescription from GP, had it filled at chemist, and had a walk into town. Got some cough medicine for Margaret, and took some photo's for me blog.

* Got bus out to Morrisons (where I was not overcharged), and spent money I couldn't really afford on Morrisons-Saver Orange juice, Morrisons-Saver Beef Curry, Morrisons-Saver Vegetable Curry, and a sausage.

* Got bus back to town, and decided to walk back to Carrington as I wasn't carrying a anything too heavy. (This is not getting too exciting for you is it?)

*Had a couple of dizzy spells today, not had them for a few days.

Wednesday 4th July 2012

* Up and on the laptop early, 0430hrs couldn't sleep again. Did blog, then a bit of Spoofing.

* Carbolicalised meself, shaved, togs on, and walked into town, to take some bits for Margaret, who was working at the Theatre Royal.
Margaret below, with workmate Mel

* Caught tram to Bulwell, got off just in time to be caught in downpour of rain, and the handle of me bloomin' carrier bag detached itself!

* Got some £1 frozen meals, and got bus back home.

* Had nosh, fell asleep, awoke and took the boiled dry saucepan off the stove!

Thursday 5th July 2012

* No sleep at all last night, no excessive pains, just could not sleep although my body told me I needed it?

* Went over to Stewart's to see him and take some bacon and beans for Margaret.

She looked tired, she works so hard bless her.

* Started out on a walk, but realised lack of sleep was going to make it too hard, so returned to the hovel, had nosh, and yahoo... managed to nod off!

* Slept through medication taking time and missed them again - I'll suffer for that!

* Did some spoofing.

Friday 6th July 2012

* Not a good night sleep-wise.

* Went over to see Stew and Margaret, but Margaret not there, Sob!

* Brought back the tomatoes and bacon I'd took for her, and consumed it.

* Persistent heavy rain prevented going for a walk.

Spent ages on laptop, lazy day, but with no exercise, the knees became painful.

* Fell asleep in PM, and missed evening medications! AGAIN!

* Awake and bright again at 0130hrs, Spoofing!

Saturday 7th July2012

* Angina bad, knees chronic, must try to get walking in today, even if it's still belting down!

* Got letter today from 'Her Majesties Communication Centre', oh 'eck? I thought! Then noticed it was not addressed to me, they had delivered it to the wring address... phew!
* Used me new Pound Shop container to microwave me macaroni cheese.
* Realised the new Pound Shop container was not suitable for the microwave as soon as it melted and burnt to a crisp along with macaroni cheese!
* Popped over to see Stew and Margaret - Stew can't use his new disability scooter yet, due to the rain, but I'm going to take a photo soon as I can - it's amazing, it looks like a three-wheeled Harley-Davidson... honest!
* Got back to the house, and as I was going in, who should appear but Pippa the fat black cuddly cat, who's been absent for three months! Unfortunately she just sniffed at the step into the hovel, looked up and down, and wandered off?
Not to be seen again! - Women eh?
* Had a good walk, got some bits, got the bus back, got in just as the 'thunderstorm started' - things looking up I thought. Then dropped me new mug when I was making a brew, bruised me toe, and hit me head on the sink as I painfully bent to pick up the pieces!

Sunday 8th July 2012

* No sleep gain!
* Knees bad again this morning, angina not so bad.
* Went over to see Margaret and Stew, then off on a walk to the Arboretum to take some photos, and feed the birds.
* No birds about, and I'd left the camera at home!
* Got home, had a nosh, and fell asleep for 14 hours! (Body trying to catch up I suppose?)

Monday 9th July 2012

* Still the knees are bothersome, but I got some good sleep in again.
* Noticed that two burglar alarm lights on adjoining houses opposite were flashing on the street when I opened the windows about 0330hrs, the rain was falling (well, belting down!), and a new collection of crushed beer cans were scattered over the street outside - so, nothing unusual there!
* Popped over to drool over Margaret, and took laptop to update her page on me blog. Photo's of Margaret can be found here: if anyone is interested in beauty, poise, and magnetism.
* Went for walk to Asda to get some bread, and lottery tickets for me and Margaret. forgot to get the lottery tickets.
* Called in Launderette to see how much it would cost to have me raincoat dry-cleaned... £8.99, the coat only cost a quid more! (Mind you that was a while ago)
* Asda, are giving away free gifts with their Hyson Green store made wholemeal sliced loaves, I bought one and when I got home and used it, some of the slices had sultanas embedded in them! Now Lidl wouldn't give stuff away like that!
* Listening to the radio, and it went off? Checked the plugs etc - then realised the lights were off too, a power-cut! Looked out of window, and saw lights on in the houses opposite... has my electrics gone down? Went out and looked, it seemed only my side of the street had no lights showing.
Got torch and tried to read some of Antony Beevor's Berlin - The Downfall. Batteries died within minutes. Then the blind search was on for me wind-up torch! A stubbed toe and banged elbow later, I gave up the search.

Tuesday 10th July 2012

* Up late around 0400hrs, power back on, and there at me side next to the radio was me wind-up torch!
* Got ready for the visit for the Warfarin INR level blood tests, remembering to take some goodies for the girls at the haematology dept.
* Set off in good time, but it was slow going as the knees were really bad this morning. Still, I pressed on.
* Passing a Lidl store just off Ilkeston Road, I popped in to see if they had any of the Red Label tea bags that my local store had stopped stocking, cause they are tasty and cheapish. Surprisingly they had some in stock, so I bought some... and was not overcharged!
The standard unhappy Lidl staff in attendance.
* The rain came down.
* Pressed on down passing the college, and noticed some good parking along Triumph Road. (Photo's left)
In front of the double-yellow line parked Johnson's lorry, was another builders yard van, but that had a rather large bullish and aggressive looking driver who offered me a stare that said: "You 'effin' dare!" as he glanced in my direction - so being a coward of the highest order, I declined to take a photo of his vehicle.
Further along the road, I noticed this transit parked with his rear wheel on the kerb, with just the side moulding supporting it, very clever stuff I thought.
* Arriving at the QMC, as I turned the corner into the premises, I was greeted by a haze of cigarette smoke from the staff outside having a break, chat and cough!
*  New nurse (first time I'd seen her anyway) did me today, only two on duty instead of the usual three. I cracked a few jokes as she dug energetically into me vein. Handed them the treats, and gave them a pouch of the red-label tea I'd brought, for their break. Bless em!
* They were both nice.
* Got the bus into town, took a photo of the west end arcade frontage at Upper Parliament Street end, it's still blocked off, because of the escalator that tore a bloke toe off is still closed, and no one can walk through the arcade! How the few poor devils left trading are managing, I don't know.
As you can see. all the nearby premises are closed down too. A very sad picture and future indicated for Nottingham.
Depressing really innit?
* Passing Victoria Shopping Centre, I noticed the Nottingham police regulation removal of shop lifters to the more familiar sights of the Central police station cells.
* Walked home from town, taking a few photo's on Mansfield Road of even more shops closed down, another indication of gloom for Nottingham.

* Such a sad sight for the future prospects and the economy of Nottingham, more and more closed down bankcrupt retail units almost every day now.
* I called in the chemists while passing, explaining to the pretty young thing that greeted me, "Hello, I know my prescription should not be ready until after 1600hrs, I was told yesterday, but as I was passing (at about 1115hrs), but I thought in case they were ready early, I'd pick them up, because I am so tired, I'm sure I'll fall asleep when I get home!
She looked and asked the male chappie, who came to me, and asked if I had a problem: I told him, " "Hello, I know my prescription should not be ready until after 1600hrs, I was told yesterday, but as I was passing I thought in case they were ready early, I'd pick them up, because I am so tired, I'm sure I'll fall asleep when I get home!
He went back, and the Georgeous Chinese female assistant came to me: Asking if I had ran out of any medications, I told her:  "Hello, I know my prescription should not be ready until after 1600hrs, I was told yesterday, but as I was passing, but I thought in case they were ready early, I'd pick them up, because I am so tired, I'm sure I'll fall asleep when I get home!
She said "They  ready Two days!" (At least I thought she said that)
I left confused.
* On the way home avoiding the dog poo, it came to me that she probably said, 'They'll be ready Tuesday!' I must have misheard.
Ain't life complicated?
*  Margaret was still at Stu's when I passed, so I dropped of some Turkey Ragout, and a bar of Nougat I had for her, and had a chat with them both for a couple of minutes. My being an uneducated and rather unrefined personage,  I had my pronunciation corrected. I'd never heard of Turkey Ragout before I saw the tin on sale cheap - and called it Rag Out, not Ragoo. And my Nuggit should have been noogar.  You live and learn.
* When I got in, I decided to update this. Leaving the hearing aids in, I listened to the radio as I did so. The phone rang, and I answered it: "Hello.... hello, can I help you... hello, Hello...HELLO?
What a twit I felt as I realised the ringing was coming from the radio!

* Appeal for help:
Can anyone please help me out with a little (big) problem regarding me Bush dab Radio please?
I've lost me paperwork and details about how it actually works!
I've forgot how to work the preset stations.
I've got the alarm on, so have to remember to turn everything off and unplug it, else at 0100hrs the alarm (loud too) scares me to death and annoys the neighbours as it blast out!
I've no idea how I turned it on in the first place or how to turn it off!
I've searched the web in hopes of finding out the answers, but only found selling sites.
No idea of the model, the the photo above is of it.
Anyone who's got one who knows and is willing to advise me Please?

Wednesday 11th July 2012

* Better nights kip, angina okay, but knees still bad.
* Put some bacon in oven.
* Made a cuppa and fell asleep.
* Took burnt bacon out of oven.
* Went over to see Stewart, but he was out.
* Set off to walk to Bulwell for cheap nosh, but knees so bad, decided to catch the bus. As I changed direction, I remembered about fetching the prescriptions, so called at chemist.
* I got that 'bless the poor old fart look' again. They told me it was Thursday PM that my medications would be ready. Once again, I was confused.
*I arrived in Bulwell, called in the cheap out of date food store, and got antiseptic disinfectant, Orange cream biscuits at 4 for a quid, and bleach.
*As I turned into Bulwell market, I was greeted by the rounded plump rear-end of a bent over lassie, swearing, smoking, and talking to her kid in the pram - thus revealing a relatively large part of her lower regions... very low regions, above her jeans, displaying the tattooed words just above her botty... and in nice Gothic type lettering: "Just you dare!" - 'As if I would' I thought. Thankfully, I resisted the temptation to get out my camera. Never seen anything like it in my life... the wording of the tattoo that is!
* Went into B&M to see if they had got any Goulash, cheap Crips, or cheapo kitchen towels back in stock, they hadn't.
* To the bus station, and home, calling in to see Stew on the way. Gave him a packet of biscuits, he seemed well, the cat bit me on the wrist, no blood drawn.
* Stayed up late on Spoof and blog, but Spoof went down - hope I don't get the blame!

Thursday 12th July 2012

* Up, to the WC, did a bit on me blog (Billy Fury page, added links to many songs).

* Made some bacon and beans for Margaret, took em over with some Hobnobs with choc cookies to Stewart's. Margaret was busy sorting out things with the benefits dep't on the phone for Stew. Had a chinwag, then called back home again due to call of nature knocking, good job I did, I'd left the heater on in the bathroom from 4 hours earlier.

* Set off on me walk to City centre - No rain! Sunshine! By jimminee it brought the scantily clad shapley, longed for young lassies out! (Sorry, I'll steady meself... that's better)

* Called in at dry cleaner shop to see if they could clean me raincoat cheaper than £8.99... but the queue was phenomenal. Hobbled on (knees bad again), went into Broad Marsh Shopping centre, came out of Broad Marsh Shopping centre. Purchased a £1 cob at Greggs, then wandered into BHS store, where I found they had on sale, British Hessian footwear, made in Afghanistan on sale? Looked at some trousers... £24 a pair, left the shop.

* Hobbled to Primark, but they did not have my size in any trousers, but did in some cheap jeans, so I got a pair at £6. (I don't mind paying for quality!)

* Walked to the bus stop, very difficult with all the young flesh flashing by tantalisingly!

* Got off a stop early, and went into chemist I remembered they said last time the prescriptions wouldn't ready until 1600hrs, and it was only 1345hrs - but seeing all the nubile bodies around in the sunshine... sorry. I enjoyed seeing the Chinese girl smile, it's so sweet!

* Oh, I got some 'none-slip' coat-hangers as well from Primark, I'll have to get some clothes to hang on 'em before long.

Friday 13th July 2012

* Spoof site back up. Hurrah!
* Spoof back Down!

Saturday 14th July 2012

* Spoof Still Down!
* Made some curry and took it over for Margaret. Stew was in good form.
* Hobbled into town (actually the knees were not so bad today hurrah!)
* Took the photo's here on the way to 99p shop in Broad Marsh Centre. A bit sad the shops closing all over the City.
* Behind the Council House on the corner were a couple of buskers playing with fire - a rope of the floor as a safety device - and outside the door of the bank! Their pot was getting plenty of donations and applause from the gullible Nottingham crowds, and dirty stares from the not so gullible Nottingham Big Issue Sellers!
* Meandered down Wheeler gate, where I noticed many shops abandoned, took some shots of them, including the old Virgin Record Shop, noticing on the window the Council had advertised that were asking only £320,000 a year rent!
* So many people outside the caf├ęs drinking their £2.95 cups of whatever it was, cappuccino or something.
* I noticed one woman, using her mobile phone as she walked straight into the path of a tram - that sounded it's loud horn, and she just carried on talking on the phone as she indicated her displeasure with her free hand to the driver!
* Got into Broad Marsh Centre, and the closed retail units were rife, took a few photo's of those near the entry doors, including a department store that changed hands a few time, but all the retailers failed to make it pay.
* The market stall in the aisles have nearly all gone now, just a few left - where I'm going tget me cheap Long Johns from now I don't know!
* In the 99p shop, got some treats to take for Margaret, and the Haematology nurses next Tuesday at me blood test. At the checkout, i unfortunately had an involuntary escape of wind from the anus - they're getting more lethal lately - still it cleared my path to gettting served quicker on this occasion.
* Becoming a regular David Bailey nowadays.
* The white van in the Slab Square photo, had Radiation Advice printed on the side... I didn't bother investigating any further.
* The police presence I thought was a bit lacking today, then realised that the Government has taken 288 of them away to help police the Olympics in London!
* Went into Stead & Simpson's shoe shop in the Broad Marsh Centre - saw the prices and came out in a hurry.
* Noted that the Wimpey food place, was selling Beefburger and chips on Special  Offer at £5.99... special offer? £5.99 - got I must have been living a sheltered life... £5.99?
* Got the bus back to the hovel.
* Just made to the loo in time!
* Got letter from GP informing me I needed to make appointment for CHD health check with the nurse at the surgery ASAP. I'll look CHD up in a bit.
* Tried to load The Spoof again - No go! Mark the owner of the site must be having problems of a severe nature... I understand the O2 network went down as well yesterday!
* Been sneezing since I got back from shopping .
* CHD = Coronary Heart Disease, or Congenital Heart Defects! well I've both.

Sunday 15th July 2012

* The knees a little painful again, angina not bad at all, hernia bearable, wind chronic again, no dizzy spells today, and fingers good!
* Did me ablutions and went over to see Stewart and Margaret, taking some gammon, cheesey potatoes and peas for Margaret, who informs me that we had not won on the lottery - can't understand why? Had a chat and passed wind (Red face develops).
* Had a walk to Asda, got some instant potatoes, tin of Asda Smartprice Spaghetti bolognese, garden peas, tin tom's 3 for a quid, and got through the check-out without passing wind.
The  Spaghetti bolognese was very nice!
* Walked back via the Forest, it was nice to see the kids playfully belting hell our of each other, chasing pigeons, swearing, and having a fag on the fields, as the cars belted by kindly offering anyone within half-a-mile the opportunity to listen to their personal choice of monotonous 'Dum-dum' music to listen to.
* Noticed the burglar alarm was activating at the nursery on Mansfield Road, no signs of intruders or police.
* Got home, made some potatoes to have it the bolognese, made a cuppa, and fell asleep.
* Woke up after a few hours, then tried to get the Spoof on the web - but it was still down for maintenance.
* Found this amazing doctored photo of Nottingham on the web. Cleverly superimposing an old photo of the same area on a new photo. Brilliant!
* Arthritis in fingers starting to bother me now - Blow it!
* I'm going to put this photo in my Nottingham photo blog with memories it brings, and it does have a lot of memories of me!
* Had a read of Antony Beevors 'Stalingrad' book before turning-in.

Monday 16th July 2012

* Up around 0500hrs, WC'd, on the laptop.
* Going to Mansfield today (despite the rain). Bout must remember to call in GP's on the walk into town to get the Mansfield bus, to arrange appointment with the nurse for me CHD (Cardiac Heart Disease) checks.

* Knees and hands much easier this wet morning. Hernia bothersome, angina okay, so a good start.
* Set off on walk into town to meet Brother-in-law Pete for bus trip to Mansfield. Remembering to call at GP surgery en-route to book me CHD appointment... I thought I saw one of the receptionists smile... but I'm not certain, possibly a mild hallucination?
* Met Pete, who seemed to be in a panglossian mood, and we caught bus, arriving in a very wet Mansfield, we alighted, and poddled around. I saw a B&M store, and popped in on the half-chance that they might have some tins of Goulash in stock - and they did! [i](Unthinkingly purchased many tins, which them needed lugging around with me, and that set me hernia popping!)[/i] Ah well.
* Got back and devoured a can of goulash with wholemeal bread, and a mug of Yorkhire tea. Mmmm!
* Fell asleep for a while, put on laptop and saw email from fellow Spoofer Radiogagger that the Spoof was back up and running.
* Went up to put water heater on, to find I'd left it on all day.

Tuesday 17th July 2012

* Up, to the loo, carbolicalised myself, shaved, teggies done, head polished - and ready for the 90 minute walk to the QMC for me INR Warfarin level tests, bit low last week 1.7, too low.

* Took two baked potatoes to nibble on the way. Got seen to quickly, had a laugh with the nurses, and got bus back to town and from there home.

*Knees and hands in good nick this morning, hernia fair, but angina a bit bothersome!

* Took Stewart's cat in, 'cause he's off for the day on a trip with his social club, and no Margaret about either... booo!

* Got phone call from the Warfarin clinic later, INR level now down to 1.2! So I've to take 4 tablets straight away, and go to clinic in the morning at 0900hrs for another test, might have to have injection straight into the ticker again. Oh dear dear dear! I felt a little out of sorts last time I had to have this... but, I'm still here!

Wednesday 18th July 2012

* Warfarin Clinic today. Knees not so bad this morning!

* Arrived at clinic, had test done - INR level up to 1.7, still low, but no need for injections. 

* Called in at Stewart's on way back, he enjoyed his day out. Gave Margaret the cushion I got from Wilkinson's to use when she's at work kneeling.

Thursday 19th July 2012

* Woke up confused, hard to concentrate, but knees and hand not bad, hernia okay, and angina good!

* Collected me sample bottle from GPs surgery, ready for Monday.

Friday 20th July 2012

* Nipped over the road to see Margaret and Stew, Stew not very clever pucking, Margaret sneezing, and me belching! Margaret said "Shame they can't make one good un out of the thee of us!"

* Went to Bulwell on bus (raining heavy so no walking), got bleach, Goulash, and some of Margaret's favourite chocolates - so I should be in her good books in the morning!

* Finished the Chess championship article for the Spoof at last, but it ain't good, I lost the plot somewhere!

Saturday 21st July 2012

* Up around 0450hrs - Made a cuppa, medications taken and on the Spoof. Found out the jokes I'd been sending were plagiarism, taboo not allowed... oh  dear. Hassle from my errors again! I thought jokes would not count,  as they have been around for years... wrong again. Bit bothered about this, me ulcer is giving me gip this morning for the first time in months. Pissed off, and embarrassed again... huh! I shall stop sending in now, and hopefully I will come down the writer's table, going unintentionally to the top may have caused the aggravation, I don't know, the soon I go down the better. I'll post some of the other writers stuff to StumbleUpon this morning to help them catch up.
* Had a hobble into town, the fair and Nottingham beach was back in the slab square, so I took some photo's:
On the approach to the Slab Square, I came across many Big Issue sellers, people with placards: One directing shoppers to McDonald's and offering vouchers - One directing shoppers to the 'We Buy Your Gold & Jewellery store - One directing people to KFC - Two dressed up in Spiderman-like costumes playing loud music and directing shoppers to the new Phones4You shop within the PC World store - One directing shoppers to Caffe Nero - One to Starbucks - and Three like the one above, offering to get your money back from the banks?

Then as I arrived in the centre, a caring chap with the placard above: 'Real living sea creatures are being boiled to death nearby'

On to the 'Sweet & Rock Stall', although I did not see anyone actually buy anything there.

I walked to the far end of the square, and entered near the fountains - seeing loads of nippers enjoying the water and spray, I dug out the camera from me bag and took this shot - unfortunately most of the kids abandoned the area before I could take the photo.

In to the centre of the amusements, and took this horrible shot... missing the nubile young ladies that were there seconds before....

In the middle of it all, was the 'Nottingham Beach'
The kids loved it!

What went wrong with me last photo I don't know!
Perhaps me batteries ran out?
If anyone experience with digital camera's can advise me, please comment at the bottom?

Sunday 22nd July 2012

* Arthritis, impetigo, angina and hernia all easier today... well this morning, but the ulcer is giving me gip. Really thought it had gone, ages since any bother, but started again a few days ago. Got to see GP's nurse in the morning (if I remember), so I will ask for a prescription for Aludrox SA... oh, they stopped doing that a while ago.
* Cuppa and medications, carbolicalisations, and did some Turkey Ragout and bacon for Margaret.
* Did the diaries for the Spoof.
* Popped over to see Stewart and Margaret, she looked tired but still attractive.
* Walked around a while, called in Asda, got some reduced apples, cheap orange juice, short date cheap loaf, Smartprice fish in batter (reduced further due to package damaged), 4 tins of tomatoes for a quid, tin of Smartprice ravioli, & potatoes - and decided to walk back instead of waiting for the buses. Surprisingly even with carrying some weight in the bags, the knees remained only a little bothersome. The ulcer continued to nag.
* Got home, had fish, potatoes, fishcake, and orange juice... living like a King me!
* Fell asleep.
* Woke up two hours later, and did me Senior Moments and this Diary of Woe.
* Got some support from other Spoofer's via email - much appreciated.

Monday 23rd July 2012

Nottingham folk get the hump!
* No sleep
* New pains in chest, underarms, sternum and neck today. Not sure if it's the angina getting worse, or the ulcer starting again, or a combination of the two.
* Went to GP nurse, for CHD checks, told her about the pains and lack of sleep. She booked me in for visit to GP in the morning, after which I've got the Warfarin INR level blood tests at the QMC.
* Called in to see Margaret on way home, poor things been bitten on the nose by something - it was an ant that bit her a few months ago!
* Concentrating has been hard today. Must get some sleep if possible.

Tuesday 24th July 2012

Thought I'd get 'Arty' and take shot of me
rather plump shadow?
Arthritis, feels better this morning, the angina still twanging, the hernia seems okay, but the ulcer is nagging... still, I'm off to the GP in a bit (0535hrs now, appointment is at 0720hrs). The good thing is I had 6 hours kip, and feel better for it.
* After GP, I hope to be going off on me walk to the QMC for Warfarin INR blood level test. 
* I'm taking camera with me today, hope to remember to take some shots of me route and activities. (David Bailey reborn?)

A 'Double-line parked van, with
another weird Nottingham University
block in the background.
* Abluted, best togs on, and off to the GP surgery. Saw Dr ?, oh she is sexy! No wonder me blood pressure is always out!
* She doubled the Omeprazole dose, prescribed some 60ml double strength Aludrox, told me to drink more tap water, to carry on with me long walks, and record the times I actually manage to sleep (not the nodding off variety).
Forced myself (almost crying) away from her pulcritude, and made appointment for 5 weeks time with the receptionist.

* Set of on the 95 minute walk to the QMC for me INR blood level test - fed the pigeons on the Forest, took a few photo's en route, and arrived there in 89 minutes - good going, the knees are less bothersome this morning.

* Got tended to quickly, and was outbefore me bus-pass came into use, so walked back home via a convoluted route. (Fool!)
* Popped in the overcharging... I mean Lidl store, and got some bread good tea-bags and milk.
* Called into chemists a few doors down, to get me medications (I get that 'The poor fool's back again' look nowadays when I enter the shop).
* Called in to see Margaret and Stew, he was not in good form, Margaret was sparklingly desirable as usual. I bought her an ice-cream from a passing van as I left Stew's.
* Got in and added the extra Omeprazole tabs in me made up dose pots, but the bottle on top of the pain-gel so I'd see it and hopefully remember to take it, trouble is it's five times a day.
* Chopped up some gone-soft tomatoes, and added them to a pan of Goulash with a small tin of curried baked beans for later.... I shall dine well tonight!
* Finished off and posted the diaries, with a couple of snippets, then updated this and this blog with the photo's.
Closed shops on Hartley Road - sad!
Feet are hurting, I've got a callus coming under me foot now!
* Hard believe even for me, but I've just done it again! - answered the phone in response to a ring on the radio!
* Took medications, hoping for a better nights kip tonight, I'll see how it goes.
* Got head down, woke up to get a drink of water - and realised I'd left the oven on, with what was left of me burnt bacon congealed on the rack and bottom of the oven.

Wednesday 25th July 2012

* Woke up to find I'd left the oven on all night - what a grotty smoky mess!
* Did the days diaries for the Spoof.
* Medications taken, ablutions tended to - and over to see how Stewart was keeping, then a nice steady walk into town, and got some grease remover, oven cleaners, and a stiff wire brush to tackle the oven later.
* Caught the Bulwell bus, or so I thought... when it veered 
off in a different direction, I got off, and walked back to catch the Bulwell bus.
* Purchased some hob cleaner, Goulash, curried beans, and milk from the B & M store.
* Got on the bus to return, but the driver could not get it to start - so along with the other passengers, I alighted and got on another bus.
* Once home. I read the instructions on the oven tray cleaner bag thingamajig, and left it to soak, then tackled the hob with the cleaner, and left it to soak. Good job I've got the microwave to heat me Goulash and beans up later!

Friday 27th July 2012

* Went over to see Margaret and Stew. Was going to go on a walk afterwards, but had a funny turn while visiting. Came on instantly, the vision on me right eye went kind of double-vision, felt dizzy, had to sit down. Margaret thought it might be because of my cutting back on the sugar intake as GP told me to, gave me a piece of chocolate to nibble. within a few minutes, all was back to normal with me vision... weird!
* Went home, and did  the diaries in readiness for putting on the Spoof in the morning.
* Remembered I'd took some photos's yesterday when in Nottingham City Centre on walkabout.
Never seen so many folk in the Slab Square, the kids were really enjoying the water fountains, but the many rides for them were not well used... maybe they cost too much? There was no prices on display?
* I did just happen to notice the abundance of scantily clad nubile young ladies in great proliferation in the area - this should not be allowed in the presence of dilapited, senile, old men like myself... but I resisted ogling them, and walked on by after about three hours.
* I walked back home, and suffered no recurrence of the vision and balance problems, but think I ought to mention it to the GP (What a stunner she is... oh sorry, back to the diary) on my next visit.
* Managed to get some kip tonight early, so it wont be too bad if I stay awake all of the night yet again!
* I still haven't finished cleaning the oven properly from me 'unplanned' overnight bacon cooking session earlier in the week - it will need quiet a few more scrubbing sessions to get it usable again, at least I hope I can get it working again.
Having tinned foods at the moment, or anything I can cook in the microwave oven - although that's not easy with the timer that keeps sticking... oh dear! On the bright side, I can have more Goulash and Veg Curry... mind you I'll have to have a trip out to get some more in methinks, but the walking is painful, yet I think they're good for me knees?

Saturday 28th July 2012

* Up early and posted the Diaries off to the Spoof site, good job I did, 'cause the Editor/owner Mark has had to take down the writer's desk while he changes the DNS supplier.

* Up early and posted the Diaries off to the Spoof site, good job I did, 'cause the Editor/owner Mark has had to take down the writer's desk while he changes the DNS supplier.
* Knees in good fettle this morning, wind a little less, hands okay, ulcer not playing up, and chest okay too! Great!
* Went over the road to see Margaret and Stew, took photograph.
* Had a talk and cuddle, then Ogled and drooled over Margaret.
Walked to Bulwell (1hr 55min's), very windy! (The weather)
* Got some Goulash, biscuits for Margaret, chocs for Stewart, and cleaners to tackle the burnt oven with again. Caught bus back to Nottingham and tried to swipe me bank card in error for the bus pass... Again!
* Had nosh, and did diaries ready for the morning, made some graphics to use on facebook.
* Just after 2100hrs, Spoof desk back on line, caught up with Political/Nottingham news items, Senior Moments, and this blog. Did a few snippets.

Sunday 29th July 2012

* No medical issues too bad this morning, just tired from no sleep again.
* Took medications, abluted, and called at Stew & Margaret's. Made a fuss of Stew for his birthday, and drooled over Margaret a lot.
* Heavy rain prevented me going for a walk, and I spent hours and hours on the internet, diaries, setting up online WP, while suffering with many BT internet failures - ended up ringing them to complain. but with hearing difficulties, and the call-centre woman's accent, I had to give up.

Monday 30th July 2012

Margaret & Stew Saturday morning
* Hurray... some sleep last night, great!
* Remembered I'd forgot something for last Saturday's Senior Moments diary:
When I went to catch the bus back from Bulwell, I again tried to use me bank card by mistake for me bus pass! Then, got seated, got the crossword book out and failed to find any answers... then the driver told us all that the bus would not start, and could we all pile into the bus at the rear.
The knees, as they do when I settle, had stiffened, and I was last off the bus and into the bus behind. Where I got seated, got the crossword book out and failed to find any answers...
Then the driver of that bus told us the driver of the bus in front had got it started, and could we all get back into that bus, the knees, as they do when I settle, had stiffened, and I was last off the bus, and as I drew level with the bus in front, it drove off!
As I hobbled back to the bus that was behind, that too drove off!
You couldn't make this up you know, but it's all normal and everyday stuff for me.
* I went up to the WC, finding I'd once more left the water heater on all night.
* Went over to see Stew and Margaret - both in fine fettle.
*Walked into town, plenty of folk about for a Monday. Then caught bus to Bulwell, got goulash, ragout, and some snack beef bits. (Very nice, and cheap too)

Tuesday 31st July 2012

* Pickling down with rain this morning - but I had a few hours kip, so that was good.
* Did the diaries I made last night, and got ready for walk to QMC. Got brolly up, and set off - only to find the shoes were both leaking, ignored this as best I could and squelched on, arriving to find only one person in front of me, in and out like a shot!
* Had to wait a while for the bus pass to come into validity at 0930hrs, then rode to city centre, and caught bus back to home.
* Called in to see Margaret and Stewart, but they were busy, told me to call back later.
* Popped home and sorted out some things that my mate Trevor (yes. I've got one!) needed, in Dorset, searched around and found a stamp and envelope, and walked to letter box and posted it.
Called in again to see Margaret and Stewart, they were just finishing a letter, and I said I'd post it for them, then walked to letter box and posted it. Called back to see them, Stewart was a little deep, so I left them, telling them both I'd call to see Stewart tomorrow, and Margaret on Thursday.
* Popped home to do this blog update, the have something to eat.
* Fell asleep.
* Woke up after an hour and a half - feeling overjoyed... I'd not left anything on the stove, the heater on, the door open, or the tap running!
Brought back down to earth when I made a cuppa, opened a new milk carton, poured some in me cup, and keeping the carton-cap in me hand, threw the milk into the rubbish bin!
* Day of the Triffids starts (Episode 1) on Radio extra in a few minutes, I've got me headphones on ready. This is the height of excitement for me, and says a lot about me dunnit?
* I'll be back tomorrow with next Months (August Diary of Woe)... hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment