Saturday 8 May 2021

Inchies Day: Friday 7th May 2021: Fruitful, funny, photographing, but frustrating Friday

 TFZeress, in her runaround spare car... Hehehe!


Thursday 7th May 2021

Maori: Taite 7 o Mei 2021

Wednesday 21:40hrs: I could not get to sleep, for love nor money. I tried for hours; however, the Thought Storms were increasingly bothersome! I rose from the rickety, rusty, c1963 recliner, and roamed over to the nocturnal bucket, and took a totally painless and unfelt or controlled wee-wee.

Inchy Fib Liable: On my way back to get down again, I gave myself a toe-stubbing against the leg of the swivel chair. As pains go, this was singularly sharp stubbing, worthy of mention. Of course, there was no sobbing or winging; after all, a young, fit, healthy, attractive to women, distinguished man of my heroic bravery, toleration of pains and ailments, being so experienced, one wouldn't expect it to be any other way. Ahem!

I opted to stay up; with the agony of the toe-stubbing and Thought Storms, I thought there would be no point in trying again to get any sleep.

The first thought, well, desire, that came through the haze of considerations bouncing about in the brain was a jolly good mug of tea. Got the kettle on, took this photo through the kitchen window, with the rain spots falling down the glass, gave it a particular flavour, no, that's the wrong word, methinks?

Whoopsiedangleplop: I refilled the Glengettie Gold and the Thompsons Punjana tea containers, then I made a brew of Co-op 99 tea.

Next, I set about sorting out the Health Checks. With a prayer that the Liberty-Global Virgin Media Internet would be working when tried to access it. It was working fine, but please don't let their overpaid boss, Steve Fries, know about this!

Well, what a shock these results were. The BP had come down a smidgeon at long last. This was pleasing to see. But I still got two reds and an amber warning out of the four results on the NHS site calculator.


I came across this mystery photographicalisation on the SD card. I presume that it was accidentally taken while I was in the middle of doing the actual Sphygmomanometering and then made in Hong Kong, reliable thermometer, as I was doing the Heath Checks and photographing the results?

I went to make another brew, Glengettie Gold, this time and returned to update yesterday's post, and I got it finished off. Sent the email link and had a look at any comments, but none had come in yet, but I anticipate a flood a one or two might do later on. Hehe!

On the computer again, and I replied to an email from Jenny. I hope the three of them are doing alright down there. Jenny is so kind in sheltering Norah (91) and having her almost move in over the pandemic period. Thanks, Jenny, you are an Angel!

Aha, some comments have arrived! I replied to them both. Then went to make another mug of tea. Thompsons Punjabi this time, oh, and had another wee-wee.

I was cleaning the crockpot and had left the hot faucet (tap) running. 

Accifauxpas: Made the mug of Thompson's tea and returned to the sink, where I put my hand straight into the basin of hot water! Why? I don't know, but I know that it hurt like hell for a moment or two. My previously semi-contented state of mind was demolished - but only for a few minutes; I swore a bit, called myself many uncomplimentary names, and got the cloth to wipe up the spilt hot water. Dabbed some Germolene on the hand, and all was forgotten about by the time I'd made the brew?

I made a start on this template for an hour or so, and needed a wee-wee, washed and made yet another mug of tea, Glengettie. 

While waiting for the kettle to boil, I put two sizeable potatoes in the crockpot and added some of the new to me, Chinese salt & chilli pepper seasoning, in, added the water and left it to marinate until I turn it on later. Which, of course, I shall not forget to do, Ahem!

I must get some graphics done, so I went back on CorelDraw and did my best with the hassle just started, of Shuddering Shoulder Shirley doing her best to dislocate the shoulder knuckle from its joint. Strewth, she's having a ball with me at the moment! 

I found another questionnaire that had been posted through the door! I'll see if I can get time to look at it when I get home from town.

Whoopsiedangleplop: Oh, Crabbles! Look at the time, and  I need the Porcelain Throne. I turned off the machine, got to the wet room, used the throne, and did the ablutionalisationing. 

Well, they both went exceptionally well. No dizzies, falls, bangs, knocks, or bleeding. Multiple dropsies, but that is a regular occurrence nowadays, innit? 

The legs and feet were looking almost normal. Yeehaa!

Made a brew, packed two waste bags, and updated this blog.

I flurried and hurried to get myself ready for the trip to town; I;n going to a Poundland Store in search of Dettol, bleach, lemon disinfectant, Soft Pitta Bread and owt on offer, reduced, like. Hehe!

Out with the walker, black bags dropped down the refuse funnel and down and out to Winwood Court to tell Deana the micro-microwave oven had been delivered, but no rush, I've got to make room for it yet.

Whoopsiedangleplop: Got in the lobby, spoke with a bloke, got sidetracked, and forgot to tell Deana. Tsk!

I enjoyed a jolly good natter with three Winwood residents at the L9 bus stop. And a gossip with a lady going to town on the bus. I stayed on until the terminus; I'd decided to go to the Fletcher Gate Poundland. 

No particular reason, for this, but it's nice to have a choice.

I hobbled down Queen Street to Nottingham's Slab Square.

I stopped to take a photo of the annoying, needed, expensive, battered-about, damaged registration number snapped off of one of them, E-Scooters. I wonder if I would be allowed to try one? Then my opinion of them might change? Hahaha!


The square was populated with so many pavement cyclists, I got a smidge nervous as I crossed over, along South Parade and into the Fletcher Gate store.

The place looked terribly bare-shelved today? I got to the self-serve checkouts, with the following in my bag: Twiglets, a can of beefburgers (that I realised when I got home, did have a ring-pull opener on the tin) - Humph! A bottle of drain and sink unplugger. A small bottle of Dettol and a bottle of bleach. I was pleased to get some of Walkers Worcester Sauce flavoured French fries. Finally, I purchased a bag of the new Jacob's Wee Cheddars, Strathdon Blue Cheese flavour to try. I found some Soft Pitta bread, but they only had the white in, that'll do for a change. 

A young lady came to me and asked if I was alright? "Fine, thank you", I replied. She pointed out that I looked very ashen and got another reassurance about my health. Bless her, she put the things through the till for me as well and packed the bag, too! I had a can of Posh Perry in the trolley and slipped it to her, thanking her for her assistance. She was tickled pink!

I left the store and hobbled back into the slab square, noticing how the sun had made a breakthrough, and the clouds were looking amazing behind the Council house. 

The building looked a bit ragged, mind you; But that sky... Grrreat!

I limped to the bottom of King and Queens Street and took a snap of the view. Partly out of general interest, but mainly so that I show an old shot of the same area alongside it. I hope to do so when I get back - you'd better remind me, though. Hehehe!

Up the hill to the bus stop, and I caught the L9 back to the flats. It was a painful experience. With the feet and knees now aching, having to keep a hold of the now full trolley, so it didn't stray away, and giving my limbs some grief! 

Being up for about fifteen hours, I was beginning to feel a little weary now. 

I was glad to get back to the flats. But I did enjoy the little outing, all the same.

I took a snap of Woodthorpe Court and had a dizzy spell... Served me right for leaning back and up to take this picture on the right. Haha! 

I stood leaning on the trolley for a few minutes, pretending to be just passing the time of day. 

Gladys came along, and she pointed out that I looked damned pale, and she inquired into my health. And I was wearing the black facemask. This is very unnerving, you know!

I got inside the lobby and noticed a box had been put there for us to post out completed Nottingham City Homes questionnaires.

At least Nottingham City Homes seem interested in our views.

Up to the apartment, I hobbled. I put away the bits I'd bought away and then got the kettle on. Next, I  filled in the question papers.

Took the sheet down to the box in the lobby and back up to the flat again. 

I made a brew of Glengettie, ate a packet of Jacob's blue-cheese mini-cheddars, now renamed Wee Cheddars, Scottish origins you see. And I wished I'd bought more than one packet now; they were very tasty indeed!

Got this blog updated.

Checked the potatoes, and got some fodder prepared.

Made too much again lots of it got thrown away. 

I'm too tired to concentrate now. 

Tried to watch some of the election results... Zzz!

2 comments:

  1. A bit of a fever. Not good. Excellent photo of the rain on the window at dawn. They still have eScooters there? They got rid of them here after the pandemic broke out. I think the novelty had worn off, also. Nice photos from your outing. decent enough looking large meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning, Tim, thanks.
    E-Scooters are as much a plague as the pavement cyclists in the City Centre, Tim. We've a four year old lad hospitalised, and an 84 year old lady, by the idiots on them. Probably more that have not come to light). I can't believe the City Council have allowed them? (Back-Handers, mayhaps?)
    Taketh care.

    ReplyDelete