Monday 26 April 2021

Inchcock's Day: Sunday 25th April 2021 - Sad!

Hello, there, Have a Great Day!

TFZeress being approached? Hehe!


Sunday 25th April 2021

Swahili: Jumapili Aprili 25, 2021

02:05hrs: I stirred back into imitation life and felt rather lively; not surprisingly so, because I'd just had over six hours of unbroken delicious sleep! But the need for the Porcelain Throne prevented any musings or sorting out the grey-cells. 

I got out of the £300, second-hand bought, c1968, sickeningly-beige-coloured, not-working, uncomfortable, rusty, rickety recliner, and had to move a little quicker than Cartilage Cathy liked to get to the wet room in time... I thought, anyway.

WHOOPSIEDANGLEPLOP: The movement began painfully as soon as I had got down on the plastic seat. But stopped, blocked solid after a few seconds. No amount of effort from me could encourage things to move along. So, I got the Clarkson book out and very nearly read five or six pages of it before the innards relented and allowed the pile of the mini-torpedoes to move. But it was a slow Constipation Konrad session. 

Relieved it was all over, I stood to do the cleaning, and the black mass filling the bowl made me think, where the heck did that lot come from? Of course, I knew I could still feel the lingering pain from the passing—much blood, mucus type on the toilet paper, but none in the bowl. By the time I'd treble-flushed things away and got washed, there was no pain or discomfort felt at all, which I liked!

Off to the kitchenette and got the kettle on, and put some potatoes in the crockpot to turn on later. Made a brew of Co-op 99 tea, and went to take the medications, and realised that with falling asleep so early last night, I'd not taken the evening medications. After a bit of pondering, I decided to take the morning ones, and just one Warfarin blood, and one Dioctyl poo-softener, and a gulp of Docusate with the regular ones.

On the computer and saw I'd had two comments come in, I tended to them first. If anyone is interested enough to write a message for me, it deserves reading and answering. Which I did!

I got the Saturday post finished, a laborious job, but it had to be done. Emailed the link, and set this template up, and got carried away developing it. 

I went to make a brew, a Glengettie this time, then noticed that the moo was coming through the clouds. So I got the Kodak and took a couple of photographicalisations.


No moon surface views today, and the clouds returned within seconds. A white moon? Mmm? 

Then I realised I'd not done the Health Checks yet. So I did! 


The Blood Pressure was as high as it's ever been. Oh, Heckithump!

Then I moved on to Facebooking on my beloved TFZ, and not so interesting Winwood Heights. Not a lot of new stuff, apart from things taken from other sites. I like it when a good natter gets going, and people reminisce. 

I went on CorelDraw to make at least some graphics, but we'll see how I go on. I managed one before the wonderful Liberty-Global Virgin Media Internet let me down again.

Got some late brekkers and a mug of Thompsons Punjana tea.

Got the ablutions done. It was a pretty pattern of nicks after shaving, but a splash of 'Brut' soon stopped them flowing. 

As I came out, I spotted some mail I'd missed. Oh, dear, more questionnaires... Tsk! The first one from Nottingham City Homes, the second, blessedly, a one-pager to be filled in and returned.

WHOOPSIEDANGLEPLOP: The second was from the Stroke Units R4VaD. Covering these, Rates, Risks, and Routes to Reduce Vascular Dementia questionnaire. It consists of no less than 10 double-sided A4 sheets of questions. All in incredibly small type. Some too small to read with my reading glasses on? This will need some help... not an easy thing to get, that. I'll ask Deana if she can get me some assistance with it on Monday. 
Potential Inchcock Lie Imminent: Of course, I'll remember too, Ahem! I got the waste bags sorted again and on the trolley guide and off to the chute room.

WHOOPSIEDANGLEPLOP: As I got inside, I was lucky not to trip up on a white bag of rubbish which had been left inside the room on the left. I moved it to the far end of the mini-room, so no one else could trip over it. Bags down the chute, eight small ones, so they don't block anything, back to junk-room-flat.

I started prepping Josie's meal. The first problem I espied was that the Sainsbury's grated Leicester cheese was in a much larger bit this time. And, I had a job with the neurotransmitters going off-line so regularly, it took me ages to mash them in, and then I didn't make an excellent job of it, Humph! 

I got the meal delivered at around the usual time, I didn't think I'd make it, but I did. I was again tempted to go into Smug-Mode, but I didn't!

Which goes to show you... something or other, but I've forgotten what it was now. 

Where was I? Oh, yes! I made Josie the cheesy potatoes (I hope they are okay, and she likes them with lumpy cheese in?). Surami sticks, mackerel in sauce, cannellini beans and passata, pickled shallots and onions, cheese & pickle pork pies and some tomatoes. For afters, a can of plonk, a Yorkie, and Club bar, and some of her favourite french cheese discs. 

Of course, she was on the phone with her Sister when I rang the bell. She mentioned that Yorky bars are her favourite. I said that I forgot to give her the knife, fork and spoon, and said sorry for the lumpy cheese.

Back to finish the washing up, and I got on Computer Katie to update this blog. Then, back on CorelDraw.

I shut up shop computing, for the weariness was coming even earlier than usual today. I just had to have a rest, so I thought I'd get the nosh done, also early and settle to uncomplicate my suddenly Thought-Storm ridden mind.

Not much of a meal, but I was so suddenly low in spirits and was feeling worn-out - without any valid reason?

The potatoes had to be buttered to give them some flavour; the cold left-over cheese mash from Josie's meal, the remnants of the cannellini beans, and last of the Surimi sticks constituted the imitation feast. Flavour rating 2/10 - the ersatz fish sticks were okay. 

The best thing was the comfort food that followed: Milk and a noughat ice cream on a stick. I wish I'd just had them now!

Washed the pots and got down in the recliner with the intentions of having a rest for a while. 

Then, I found that two oldish films were on the TV. I felt sure I'd drop off to sleep watching them, but I put the TV on anyway. Before the programme started, I was off into a dream-ridden sleep.

WHOOPSIEDANGLEPLOP: When I woke up, hours later, and the dream I'd had was so clear in my memory that I pencilled some notes on the pad (Which I'm using now cause little remains other than the worst bits this morning). Here goes:

THE DREAM: 

  • I was swimming and wading along what I recognised as the Beeston canal that I fell in and fished years ago. I was now in my teens, I think. 
  • I waded along, with canoes coming at me and had to dodge them... water up to my neck, scared!
  • I came to a weir and just got in shallow water and dived over it; no problem at this time, I was now a super-hero, now brave, and ready to take on the bullies! (Bearing in mind that I have spent my whole life in fear of deep water, this was a lovely feeling for me!)
  • The next bit of writing I'd done was not easily readable. Barges, coal fire, fishing rods and falling in were written clear enough, but they were mixed in with a lot of what looked like gibberish, shame, that! 

  • More totally undiscernible scribble. A few words were, drowning, rescue and bliss? 

  • I jumped from water-based thoughts and found myself in a security cabin in the old Nottingham Ice Stadium car park. (I've worked in hundreds of these during my security days, but never here?) 

  • It was nighttime, the place was closed, but still had cars parked in it? A young man was lurking near the entrance steps, and I went over to see what he wanted or was after. I ran back to the guardhouse and locked myself in. Why? I don't know, nothing in the notes.

  • Then, back to the damned canal, I was drowning. Then instantly, things turned into a sort of water-chute ride, and I was in Skegness, watching the folks getting wet and laughing?
That's it, not earth-shattering, I know. But enough to get me in a sweat of sorts; All that water! Hehehe!

I thought about making a brew and having a search for some biscuits, but Sweet Morpheus returned; I slipped once again into sleep - and this time, mercy-me, it was dream free!

WHOOPSIEDANGLEPLOP: But this session was ridden with calls to the wee-wee bucket. Many of them, but I doubt all put together, that I passed more than a mugful.

Sad, innit?

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps I could write a computer program that would access your BP data and lower it by some value, 15% lower perhaps. The benefits of being able to program are underestimated?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I hit the enter key and my comment got published. Blogspot got a little impatient, did he not?
    A test
    Oh well, blogspot has its peculiarities too it seems, at least it has no insistence on block editting, there is that. I had a dream the other night that was a new one for a change. I was hitchhiking for some reason, a fellow offered me a ride if I gave him an abortion, a piece of furniture, and a drink. A strange piece of dreamage, were it not? Maybe it is an after effect from the Humira? Hope that dream does not become a recurring nightmare. Wot's the meaning of that strange thing. I prefer a kip from Sweet Morpheus. Wowsers. Gringlesnapages with ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A betterer dream than mine by 3.7 light years or so. Hope I do not get that ultra strange nightmare, I prefers yer dream at the old fishing hole.
    That is the opine of Billum. Here is a good piece of reportage: today is not Sunday, 'tis Monday. Enjoy yer Monday, kind Sir!
    Billiumski

    ReplyDelete
  4. Billum: Long ago, I tried to learn whatever language it was that ran the Atari ST, by gum I loved the simplicity of the machine. I started using Degus, or Degas art, in pixels. I failed to grasp it, mind, as with many things in life.
    Happy days!
    I had no end of bother on WordPress to answer your comment, but I got there in the end. Well, a strange dream indeed, mate. If a side affect of the Humira, weighing up the pluses and minus's will be required? Poor Billum. I keep hoping someone who understand dreams reads mine and makes a helpful comment, Billum... but it'd not happened yet.

    I wasn't a bad dream I had Billum, and you can share it with pleasure, mate! Overall, it was upbeat for me.

    Thanks for the confirmation of the day, mate. I needed that, no, really!
    It appears, that I now have Vascular Dementia, well fancy that! Humph!

    Glad that the Humira is helping you a bit, Sir, and long may it do so!

    I had a word with Mr God in the heavens last night, begging for HRH to get some rest. If 'he' ever was or is, will be decided by if he does help HRH. If not, I shall be annoyed, to say the least.

    TTFNski, Lisa, Billum and the furries!

    ReplyDelete