Wednesday 21 April 2021

Inchcock's Day: Tuesday 20th April 2021

 Well, Good Morning to you!

TFZer Marie ♥

Tuesday 20th April 2021

Maori: Turei te 20 o Aperira 2021

01:00hrs: Par for the course of growing old, and losing control of the inner-functions of the body, as one does; I woke in need of a wee-wee.

I forced my somewhat reluctant rested, flabby, pale, adipocerously-stomached body from the clinging warmth of the uncomfortable, rickety, non-working, £300, second-hand ten years ago, c1968 recliner. Grabbed the stick and rose up onto my feet. I was glad I took Metal Mickey with me because Cartilage Cathy gave way on the hobble to the wet room. She's calmed down now, though. Which I visited because the Porcelain Throne was also needed.

Whoopsiedangleplop: A complete change in the evacuations this morning; this was a Trotsky Terence controlled release. A sort of Sphurge-plop version, yet ultra-sticky with it! What a mess it made, of the China-work and me! Gotten Himmel! It stunk a fair bit too. 

After much cleaning and freshening up, I had to get out some of the reserve TPs. There was no way I wanted to get caught short on any follow-up visits to the Porcelain Throne, so I stacked a few on the top of the tank. Not that I anticipate anything regarding the types of poos I have, they are constantly changing nowadays, it seems. Sometimes, during the same day! Not that the Gastroenterologist believes me at all. Humph!


The readings were all about the same as yesterday. The NHS Blood Pressure analysis site has shown it as being a smidge lower, though - a welcome rarity, indeed.
I got the stand-up wash and shave ablutions done. And it was a decent session. All went well, no, I say...No shaving cuts! The usual dropsies, of course. Getting dressed and into the trousers upset Cartilage Cathy a bit. Oh, and I walked in and out of the room without any knocks! The highlight, perhaps, was that the PN right leg was looking all calmed down again.

The first one, to my left, facing towards Nottingham. The next to my right, down towards the end car park. No people in sight again.

I got the items stored away; note the amount of comfort food in the second picture? Tsk! I'm just a child at heart, your know. Hahaha!

I got some mushrooms in the crockpot and started them on a low setting. I added balsamic vinegar, sea salt and a splash of clear distilled vinegar. Not that they will taste any different, they never do.

No wonder Mr Fries couldn't give a toss! He gets sway with it!

All refreshed but still irked a little, I got the kettle on, made a brew of Thompsons Punjana, and tend to the Health Checks.

I got the updating of the Monday blog all finished. I should offer my thanks here, to Nicodemus's Neurotransmitters, for being so kind to me. Cheers!

I set up the template for this post and got the Email link sent off for Monday's. Then went on Facebooking for an hour or two.

Until the second call from the innards to attend the Porcelain Throne arrived. So, off to the wet room, I hobbled.

Whoopsiedangplop: Well, back to the small meatballs variety, but not messy, they were hard, and I felt every one as they escaped. Cor!

I made a brew and took the morning medications, but even with Cathy giving me bother, I avoided taking any extra painkillers - Smug-Mode-Adopted!

I nipped out on the balcony, nice and bright now out there, and tool these two photographs.

The intercom burst forth with sound and light, and the Iceland deliveryman had arrived.

I the not the potatoes cut up, I couldn't use them whole, and the black-spot and cracks in the skin had to be cut out anyway. Good old Iceland! Come think of it, Sainsbury's aren't too clever lately with the quality of their fresh foods either.

I tried one of the Bassett Noughat Ice-cream lollies - Jumping Jehosaphat; it tasted just Grreat!

I moved onto CorelDrawing; I needed many graphics doing for the blog and TFZer site.

Well, that took me three hours plus! While doing the graphicationalisationing, the Amazon timer delivery gave ETA as 11:00hrs > 13:00hrs - Then, 13:30hrs > 15:00hrs, and just now 14:30hrs to 16:30hrs... I'll check again... Ah, looking betterer, 14:30 > 17:30hrs... no hang on, that can't be right... can it? 

The mushrooms are done, and the potatoes in the saucepan don't seem teen to cook? 

The weariness is dawning, and a desire to sit down and rest is with me. But I dare note, in case I nod-off, and don't hear the intercom when the delivery arrives. There is no chance of hearing it; I've got it on total volume, but we cannot hear it like many other oldies here! 

The noises from up above are continuing on and off—only tap-tapping with the occasional clunk here and there.

I too tired to concentrate on doing any more graphics, but I must try to stay awake.

I'll have a check on the spuds. Well! The mushrooms in the saucepan with the potatoes have all shrunk to a quarter of their size and gone brown - and the potatoes are still as hard as when I sliced them, and they have been in the slow-cooker cooking for seven hours before I moved them to the saucepan? More mysteries of Woodthorpe Court, with the hobgoblins, spectres, gnomai, phantasms, ghost, succubuses, the grotesque succubae, extraterrestrials, ectoplasms, weird banging from the flat above, or the Fata Morganas that have been sent to taunt, irritate and terminate my already limited saneness of mind? 

And sod me - the Liberty-Global Virgin Internet Media has just gone down again! 

Mr Fries couldn't give a toss! He gets sway with it!

I turned everything off and gave Sister Jane a ring to see how she went with her hospital appointment about her eyes. No answer, so I got on with prepping the nosh.

I put a waste bag in the trolley box and found that the Amazon delivery had arrived unbeknownst. I popped in around my neck and took photos of it. Lona from the TFZ social site wanted to see what it looked like. ♥ I can add a full-frontal photo to the TFZer home tomorrow. Hehehe!

I got nosh served up, a messy job, as Nicodemus was playing up, but he's been very calm today, so no complaints from about this. The smoked ham was delicious, the potatoes undercooked a bit, Tsk! The wholemeal pitta bread was lovely and soft. I put some Marmite inside, then added the meat pieces before eating it. A flavour rating of 7.9/10 for this one, even with the potatoes not being very good... which was my own fault, of course. My ineptitude, incompetence and inadvertency know no limits!

I got settled in the recliner, meal on my knee, and with 'Tales of the Unexpected', just beginning on the goggle-box. 
A satisfaction dawned over me, peace, and hope to be followed by a visit of Sweet Morpheus, as well!

The mobile phone rang... I could not find it, and it stopped ringing - but not until I'd tipped some of the food off of the plate and I trod in it in my search for the Nokia... I found it; it was on the Ottoman underneath my notepad all the time - Humph!

Back down in the recliner, and it rang again. Aha, Sister Jane told me of her farcical visit to the see the Doctor at the City Hospital, poor gal. Told me off for cooking food wrongly. Had a laugh or two, and we nattered about all sorts of things from the past and present. 

As Jane rang off, the 'Tales of the Unexpected' programme was ending simultaneously. Hehehe!

As I searched for the reluctant sleep to come, the gurgling sound was heard again, and a rustling, asonia-like noises? Was the World-Wide Hum changing its tune? Haha!

Evenin' all!

No comments:

Post a Comment