Thursday 24 June 2021

Inchies Day: Thursday 24th - June 2021: Graphics, Photographicalisations & the odd Ode

TFZer In Training?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ode, To Vascular Dementia!

This Crap Was Produced in Support of the VDer's Association, Nottingham Branch. Verbal & Financial Support Accepted & Welcomed!

Those with Vascular Dementia, usually in the old,

Still have standards to maintain and uphold,

Sanity & memory must not get a foothold,

Or there will be complications, unforetold,

For you cannot buy your brain, a retention remould,

Expect decay in your mental manifold,

Naturally, this will never be resolved,

And for your logic, to leak and get mould,

Don't expect to be understood or consoled,

Your contentment will be circumvolved,

Commonsense will become uninvolved,

Circumstances, panics will be intervolved,

Frustrations will take a stranglehold,

So there, beware, for you've been told!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Awakening

Cometh the day, and More challenges!

0450hrs: Woke, wee-wee'd, wobbled to make a brew, and the Health Checks to do!


Back to another good one! Very pleased!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Flapped About From One Job To Another

No much idea why or what I was doing for the first hour or so. Yet seem to have got a lot of daily tasks done while in a haze?

Porcelain Throne visit, tea made, on the computer and many wee-wees taken, but less than yesterday morning, I think.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Went on Facebook Catch-Up

As I was on the TFZer site, I rose to go to the WC, stubbing my toe on the swivel chair wheel. There was nothing unusual there, but the brain seemed to come back to a slightly more responsive mode? No idea how or why, but I welcomed the improvement gratefully!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

07:40hrs Still Awaiting Carer

It might be Nicola who is coming. If so, I expect she is to collect the prescriptions for me, and I anticipate a late call... But we'll see

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pottered About Getting mixed Up Again

Made up some waste bags, cleaned and disinfected the NWWB (Nocturnal-Wee-Wee Bucket). Which reminded me, I am not having any PMD (Pre-Micturition-Dribbling) or PMAD (Post-Micturition-After Dribbling) at all... up to now! You don't know how pleasant it is. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Morning Carer Arrived - Natalie!

She was very late, 08:45hrs. No moaning from me after all the extra help that she's given me. Bless Her! She returned the 50-minute Sever Frailty Revue paperwork for me - I thought I'd lost it! A pleasant gal with it and remains patient if I start stuttering and memory blanking. 

Natalie chatted while she sorted me out with the medications, so lovely to have a laugh with someone real. She said she would bring me the medications later on. Boy, what another Angel I have! She'd got it rearranged for me for July Friday 9th July, at midday.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Double Checks Things I need to Remember!

I went as methodically as I could through the instructions; Must take a Urine sample - Do Not arrive early; you will not be allowed to enter the building until your appointment time. That's going to be good; how do I know how long it will take me to walk to the surgery? Will Anne Gyna, Cathy Cartilage, Arthur Itis, Neuropathy Pete or Nicodemus's Neurptansmitters play up? Any one of which will slow my hobbling rate? - Do not bring anyone with you!

Still, it'll be nice to see the surgery and human beings again. Looking forward to going, but not particularly the test itself.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Did Some Graphicalisationing

Managed a few, well chuffed with that!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Intercom Flashed!

"Call from Kingston Court"

Just another of the mysteries of Winwood Heights. The ghosts, wraiths, spectres, cacodemons, apparitions and other grotesqueries that haunt the hallways and lobbies. In search of Inchie.

In their mission, to create ambiguities, abstrucities, perplexities, misfortunes and botherations, to scare, worry and confuse me!

I could read the sign in the intercom box picture, clearly printed Kingston Court.

I'm not sure if the worker heard me at all, but I spoke into the box: "You have got through to Woodthorpe Court in Sherwood!" 
I think he might have been mending or putting up some bollards there..
Cause I thought I heard him saying, 'Oh, bollo...' Hehehe!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ablutions done

This was the latest session I've ever had. Unfortunately, due to my spending so long on graphicalisationing, it was needed, and then I only got a few done. (I may regret saying that!) Saccades Sandra's blurring vision didn't help, although Peripheral Pete played fair with me for once.

A good shave and teeth cleaning sessions, and the showering was amazingly Accifauxpas and Whoopsiedangleplop-free! Obviously, there were a few dropsies.

The problem came as I was taking a photo of how good the feet and ankles were looking...

A rare attack from Dizzy Dennis had me over, and I landed on Cathy Cartilages right knee. I must ask the Carer tonight for an extra Codeine. Tsk! I dabbed on the Phorpain Gel.

After I'd done that, a dizziness with a difference overcame me - possibly helped by my hitting my shoulder on the door frame as I left the wet room. I wasn't feeling very well then.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Handwashing Done

Oh, I am a good lad! Haha!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nosh and a Rest Needed!

I decided to get the meal made and settle down to relax for a while. A simple nosh for a simple-minded old beyond-help Inchie!

I took a photo through the kitchenette window, and got the meal served up, washed the pots and climbed into the £300, second-hand, c1968, cringingly-beige-coloured, not-working, rickety, incommodious, grotty recliner to eat and hopefully, fall asleep.

The nosh went down well. 7.5/10!


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

WHOOPSIEDANGLPLOP!

As battled up onto my feet to take the tray and plate for washing... Argh! The dreaded wet warm sensation of leaking from Little Inchies area was identified, a semi-panic commenced! 

I expected it to be some  PMAD (Post-Micturition-After Dribbling), but Oh, flipping No! Presumably, the tumble in the wet room had started Little Inchies fungal lesion bleeding! Not good!

So, the always excruciating application of the Daktacort was needed. One of the only medications that I dread using... I'd honestly sooner use the Sock-Glide!

I got things sorted in a reasonable time, though, but the pain! Cragnangles!

I exchanged the PP's with one of the more expensive snugger-fitting ones. So they have more protection where I needed it. Hehe!


By the time I'd cleaned up and finished medicating, I was feeling well shattered. Maybe not shattered, more erm... No, shattered will do! And the Carer might arrive at any time. Plus, the waste bags needed making up and taking to the chute.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Waste Bags Sorted - Got Down In The Recliner

In search of Sweet Morpheus

But, no rest for the wicked!

Sleep seemed to come welcomingly quick enough... Then...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The lousy, nasty, cruel, smug, illegal, naughty sun-of-gun git of a scammer, the same one I think as last week, got short-thrift from me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Back Down Hoping For Sleep Again!

Not a cat-in-hells chance, of course. The day started so well it was now getting more and more bothersome and worrying!

It was someone from Meridian. Telling me the Carer was trying to get into the building and couldn't. (Broken Intercom - it's been like this for six weeks now!)

I told the caller that if the Care pressed 0000 on the panel, they would get the Control Room, who could let them in. Bt knowing the Amazon man's trouble had last week, I said I would get dressed and go down to the lobby anyway. I am good. Hehehe!

I fumbled and rushed to get down, only to find no one was at the door?

Back up in the lift, and rang Meridian back. I kept being put on music for a while. I was asked something or other, but I could not understand the recorded message... Then the flats door chimes rang out! It was the first time visit from the Carer gal.

I hailed the girl in, and her mobile rang as she entered, obviously her boss who I was talking to! Confusing, innit? Imagine how I felt.

The girl was apologetic, and it was a bit difficult hearing her, and she, me, as we both had facemasks on. Her accent was strong.

She introduced herself as Helena. A nice girl, a little nervous I think because she had gone to the wrong block of flats. Winchester Court instead of Woodthorpe. So many people do this, I told her not to worry about it.

She got the medications sorted out for me. And I thanked her, and off she trotted. ♥

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Updating This Post, and I Finished it off

Being as sleep was again and no longer an option, I got on with updating this blog. It took me a few hours, but I pressed on.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Worra Day

An Ode To My Surviving It!

Full of hassle, worry and unlikelihood,

Started so very calm and good,

Herbert above, and I never thought he would,

Only gave a rare bang, clang and thud,

I even time for some chewing the cud,

The Accifauxpas, bruising and losing blood,

I should have expected it; I really should!

Plans proved to be each one a dud!

Bothers, could I cope? I could,

Worn out mentally, the mind full of mud!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Keep Safe, Take Care, and Good Luck!

3 comments:

  1. As fine an ode as any poet has written since circa 1517 (late in the year I believes). Gets right to the point and stays there until the point starts to irritate the ear drum or something. Shakespeare had produced no better, and I checked the complete works of Bill S just to be sure.
    Very fine BP numbers, and no mistake. Should they get any better, you might consider training for the Olympics: whenever it comes to Nottingham.
    Nice to have carers show up who do not leave after 90 seconds, including Natalie: a new name in my carer directory database.
    Methinks you might have hand-washed that sweater yesterday. Won't hurt it though.
    I often confuse Winchester Court with Woodthorpe. Took a stroll yesterday and didn't see either of them. Need new glasses perhaps?! (?! being an interrobang :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are getting way ahead of me on your posts. Excellent odes and decent looking meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting all mixed-up myself with the posts, Tim. The Blank-Spells are increasing, getting too frequent lately.
      I blame the latest ailment, Vascular dementia, I must think up a shorter name for this. Hehe!
      I wish I could send you some of our rain, mate. About six hours of it last night... stopped now though, the petricor when I opened the window to take photos, was heavenly!
      TTFNski!

      Delete