Wednesday 22 September 2021

Tuesday 21st September 2021: Inchies Day, and sometimes the odd ode that might get slipped in!

♥ Australian TFZer Pool Car - Marie's! ♥

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

TUESDAY 21st SEPTEMBER 2021

06:25hrs: Woke, rose, wee-wee'd, and started off on another expedition of meandering around, unsure of what was what, starting and not finishing odd jobs that were not urgent, critical or in the slightest way, important?

Got some waste bags made up and put them into the box.

Had a quick wash, got the kettle on, but I did not get around to making a brew.

Then onto the balcony, to take some photographs of the view.

Had a wee-wee first, much needed: it was a long one, but painless and bloodless.
Got some potatoes into the crock-pot, added some Worcester sauce.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Morning Carer Arrived

I was finishing the potatoes at the time. Like a spirit, she silently appeared from the darkness of the hallway, which made me jump a little too!

It was Sobia. Who got the medications sorted in silence. Gave them to me, asked a couple of questions, and was soon leaving. I'd hoped she might take the waste bags with her, but no. She's an efficient pill sorter-outerer!

No nattering, I miss that.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bags To The Chute

Another lengthy wee-wee. Then took the bags to the chute room.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Back To The Flat

A wee-wee, and got the kettle on again. This time managing to make a brew of Thompsons Punjana tea.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

To The Computer

Got the Health Checks done.

Not so good again today.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Computerisationing

Got the graphics done only the bare minimum, enough to cover for today. Then started on the template.

Liberty-Global, that's the company that now owns Virgin Media Internet. And tell their staff not to spread it about, as despite paying billions to buy the company, seem unable to work out how to run it efficiently, and supply anything like a half-decent service to where I live anyway... every single day; outages! And yet another one arrived.


Grobbledankcraps!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Eventually, Back Online!

Went on Facebooking, and at long last, made a start on this blog.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ablutionalisationing!

Far too late in the day, but finally, I got around to doing the ablutions. Going to try the new razors today, so it might be a bloody affair. Hehe!

Better have a wee-wee first. I certainly seem to be clearing out the bladder and fluid-filled legs, too, I hope.

Back in a while... with any luck!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Change of Plans!

In the wet room, I found the old mop and bucket, and fiddled with the spinner thingy, no idea what I was doing - but it suddenly worked again! So I gave the kitchen floor another mopping.

A fair job, and I then had to empty the dirty water and clean the mop and bucket up. The mop just fitted in the sink nicely; it came up okay.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ablutions Started

I got the nasal decoking done, then the teeth cleaned fumbled about getting the new razors set up, and carefully began using them.

With the handles being a very different shape and grip, I think I had a record amount of dropsies. They landed in the sink, on the floor, via by bulbous body into the shower area, and the highlight, one I lost a grip of, hit the sink, then the water tank and ended up in the toilet!

As was expected, there were a few (11) minor nicks, but nothing that was of the slightest concern.

The showering had a couple of clouts; one on the grab rail, the other on the power box, again, no damage.

The razors seemed to be more effective than the old ones, but then again, they were new, so should have been.

Felt a tad Smug with how well things had gone showering this morning.

To top it all off, the legs were not worse than yesterday, although there's still a good drop of fluid there.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last Hour: Six - all clunks

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Waste Bags

I made up another small waste bag and took it to the waste chute with the others made up earlier.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Collected Nibbles For Deana

Took them down in the lift, noticing how mucky the shiny, glass-like end was. I'll try to get a photo of it on the way back if this lift comes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Cut Through Blocked

The cut-through passageway was blocked, some work taking place. So, it was out through the lobby and along Chestnut Walk to Winwood Court. 

Dropped of the bag of nibbles and back out into the semi-sunshine. I met Doris & Frank going the other way, and we had a quick natter, which I loved.

Doris is a lovely lady but wasn't really with it enough to recognise me, I don't think. Bless her, she is 90 plus now, I believe. Bless her ♥.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Back in Woodthorpe Court

I got in the elevator I came down in, with dirty whatever it is, and took a photograph of how bad it looks.

I wonder what causes this?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Back in the flat

Had a wee-wee (what else? Hehe!)

Made a brew of Glengettie Gold tea and spent an hour or so making a right mess of uploading the photographs taken. And getting all confused over it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last Hour: Eight - clunks & taps

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Caught Up On This Blog

It was hard work, mainly because Nicodemus's neurotransmitters kicked off failing, sometimes for a few seconds, then minutes and back to seconds.

Which, and this may surprise you, I had to go for another wee-wee. Hehehe! And gave myself one of the worst-ever toe-stubbing in months!

It almost brought tears to my eyes!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Went on CorelDraw

I must get some graphics done. I managed to get just two done.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last Hour: Four clunks

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 Heartwarming Help Arrived! 

Carer Valerie came into the flat and handed me the prescription toothpaste. She said that she met Jill in Sherwood, and Jill had been and got the toothpaste prescription for me, got it filled at the chemist, and asked Valerie to let me have them! Jill, no longer working in care, but working from home on the computer, took the time and effort to help me out again, despite her being so busy! ♥

I wish she'd adopt a Grandad... Me! Restored my faith in humankind, well, in Jill and Valerie, ♥

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mini-Nosh

A double burger bun. I added some bacon as well, lots of it! And the delicious BBQ sauce. It took some getting through and made such a mess eating it. Haha! But was a wonderful taste. 8.5/10! 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Fell asleep

Settle down for a kip before the Carer arrived. The feet were worryingly looking like they might be about to bloat up again? I took a photographicalisation of them.

No bother, if I do oversleep, the carers just come in, have a nosey around, then wake me up.

Hehe!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Evening Carer Woke Me Up!

Samantha tended to me tonight. No chinwagging, though, methinks that she was a busy gal.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So Tired?

After Samantha had left, I got back down in the £300, second-hand bought, c.1968, nauseously beige-coloured, not-working, uncomfortable, rusty, rickety, difficile, crumb-covered tatty recliner. And blissfully fell into a deep six-hours worth, in the company of Sweet Morpheus!

Grrreat!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mini Ode of Advice

Life may start off baptistic,

Starting as a pleasure, not threnetic,

Your spoilt, Mum & Dad are kind, altruistic!

 They take you on holidays to the Adriatic,

In your teens, you change, and it's dramatic,

You can switch to being cannibalistic!

Your bedroom is worse than the attic,

You stop being kind and sympathetic,

You turn into a druggie and go ballistic!

Demanding food, that is macrobiotic,

Somehow your parents remain phlegmatic?

But they are driven to become agnostic!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday marked the birthday of my youngest brother, lots of birthdays in September, highlighted by what would have been my mother's 100th.
    Yer should be able to swap a chin wag for a pill sorting, one is worth far more than the other methinks. That BP seems bogged into the high ranges again, but this might be the week for a turnabout to lower values.
    Yer seem to be the chief nibble provider, an honorable and esteemed position of great importance and significance, Sir!
    Only three on the HERBERT scale (related of course to the Richter scale). So about half a HERBERT today, an improvement.
    A Mini-Nosh indeed, perhaps a micro-mini-nosh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ♫ It Might as well rain until September ♫
      The are carers are getting into keeping my under control methinks, Billum. Tsk!
      It was a double burger, with added extras... Hehe!
      Herbert scale, I made it a 20, but then again, I do get confused.
      Sneaked the microwave in there nicely, Sir! Har-har.
      Did you see the customer in the restaurant? A grand chap, he is.
      TTFNski

      Delete