Thursday 15 April 2021

Inchcock's Day - Wednesday 14th April 2021:

 All the best for them today!

TFZer Gourmets!

Wednesday 14th April 2021

Welsh: Dydd Mercher 14eg Ebrill 2021

Whoopsiedangleplop: 02:25hrs: I woke and the grey cells regenerated, a prolixity of Thought-Storms started - fears, worries, self-depreciation, and concern that I had forgotten an important thing I was to get done, or attend to, today.

Accifauxpas: The mental confusion was getting to me and carried on for a good ten minutes or so. Thankfully terminated, but unfortunately by the need for a wee-wee, and as fast I tried to get free of the c1968 recliner and on my feet to get to the NWWB (Nocturnal-Wee-Wee Bucket) in time, I failed! Thanks to the most embarrassing, red-face making, insurgent PMD (Pre-Micturition Dribble). Oh, dearie me, is it going to be yet another bad day? 

But I must maintain hope... or should I? Hehe!

A silver lining was found, however. Had I been wearing the Amazon, or Sainsbury PPs (Protection Pants), I would have been a right pickle and mess. Luckily, I'd got a Tena Full-Cover pair on. These really saved the day for me. Phew! I had a surprisingly long wee-wee and got the bucket emptied, cleaned and disinfected straight away. Washed and change into fresh PPs, while praying that the PMD was a one-off!

I went to make a mug of Co-op 99 tea, took the morning's medications, made the brew, and remembered the J Sainsbury order is due between 06:30 and 07:30hrs this morning. Do, I got the Health Checks done, with the intention of getting the updating done to yesterdays 'Inchcock's Day' swiftly if the ailments let me; then get the ablutions done before the fodder arrives. 

I'd hoped to get out to Sherwood today; that is when I can remember why I wanted to. Old age, Huh!

The Health Checks had, well, the Blood Pressure ones, gave me a start! Blimey, it's never been as high - and for the third day! Hope the nurse calls this week.


Looking through the old Blogger photos, I later found the same day in 2019. I bet at the time, I thought that these readings were disproportionately high? But look at today's results in comparison... mind you, the 2019 ones did have a high DIA of 102? I confused myself again!

I started on doing the updating the Tuesday blog. Thanks kindly to these ailments; Shaking-Shoulder-Shirley, Saccades Sandra, Dizzy Dennis, and Toothache Thomas, for all being kind and thus allowing me to complete the updation to be achieved in record time! I sent off the diary to Blogger and posted the email link.

Having smugly and figuratively patted me on the back, I rose to go to the kitchenette for a brew... and soon realised that some other ailments had been lurking waiting to attack when I stood up to hobble! Cartilage Cathy and Neuropathic Pete (right leg) both were seemingly taking glee in their attacks. I had to be doloriferous a few times.

Got on Facebooking. Then emailed the link.

Sainsbury's order later, I'll get the ablutions done.

All went well, no shower, of course, too early yet. Plenty of dropsies again, Toothache Thomas not so bad for some welcome reason. Only two tiny cuts shaving in the lip and earhole.

As Herbert (I assume) was handing me some clunks, guess what?


The food delivery chap arrived and packed the things in the box and bag for me. Decent bloke, I slipped him a can of plonk in thanks. And took things through to the kitchen and photographed them, just to show off how well I live, Hehehe!


The beef chunks had one days life on them; I put the fridge items away.


Cleaning materials.


Got the photos above on the hard-drive, and got ready to go out.

I took some recycling bags down with me in the lift and deposited them near the green bin on my way to call of the ILC Wardens, Deana & Julie. Had a few words with Ice Skating Champion for North Nottingham, Julie, Deana was busy, but Deana acknowledged my presence.

When I got to the bus stop, Penny and the Winwood Court Lady had a natter with me. That was nice. We got the bus down to the shopping area on Mansfield Road.

Whoopsiedangleplop: I took photos to the left, ahead and to the right on Mansfield Road... then realised I'd not got a card in the camera! Grrr! What a memory-challenged chump I am!

Whoopsiedangleplop: I went into the Co-op and got some canned peas, fresh potatoes, tomatoes etc. and paid at the self-serve till - I had no option, as I the discovered I had not taken any money with me either! I was so annoyed with myself that I decided when I went to Wilko, I'd buy a camera card and use it. Grrr! Pillock!

A stroke of luck as I entered, but I was not too overjoyed: I'll explain. J Sainsbury had some orange-scented fresh-air spray on offer, £5, down to £4, so I ordered one. It can be seen in the right-hand cleaning materials photo above. 

Whoopsiedangleplop: There right in front of me was the exact same article, for sale at £3! I bought one, anyway. Got a cheapo camera card, Ylan ylang laundry-freshener, and as I getting to feel a little low, I bought a bar of chocolate Orange chocolate as well. Comfort food? 

Initially, I was pleased I'd got a camera card and fitted it in the camera. And took several photo's of the area, as I made my way up to the bus stop, where I met the Winwood lady and we chatted for a  few minutes before the bus arrived - Ah, I foolishly thought, my luck is changing - Huh!

We got back to the flats, had a chinwag on the hobble along Chestnut Walk, where I left her wishing the gal a good day, and proceeded in a Northerly direction, back to the flat. Taking a couple more pictures en route. I was cheering up a smidgeon again, now... I got in and took a photo or two of the purchases, made a brew of Glengettie, and got on with uploading the card to the computer... well, that was the plan... Whoopsiedangleplop: The SD card would not work at all! It had some pictures on it but would not let me capture them? The Computer told me I needed to this and that, and I had no idea what it was asking me to do! I lost hours trying out things to get the photo downloaded, but without any luck, I gave up in the end. My Wednesday's up and downness continued! I was enervated, sour, miserable and dour! Blungletads!

So, more hours lost, more failings...

Whoopsiedangleplop: Then, some mail had arrived. It was from Servern Tren Water. They have a leak in a pipe, and it's losing 1500 litres of water an hour! It lists the flats (all of them) in Woodthorpe Court, who are responsible for paying for the repairs beyond the external stop-tap and will have to pay for the private water supply pipe that brings the private fresh water to the property. This is including detection, repairs and or replacement of the supply. Any holes will be refilled with black tarmac... 

Followed by a lot of legal jargon and the law under various sections of the Water Industry Act 1991, and we need to repair this leak within the next seven days, and for someone to contact us with the details??? If a tenant - we should contact the landlord - Check our home insurance details. If you are not covered - you must contact a plumber... It's doing me no good all this hassle! 

Whoopsiedangleplop: I rang Jenny and Deana for advice, but they were both engaged. I had a bash at CorelDraawing, though, but the heart was not really in it, now; after so many cock-ups, Accifauxpas, mistakes, and Whoopsiredangleplops, and the worrying bad news from Severn Trent.

I'll get something to eat, then! So I did. 

This odd meal had some cheapo imitation sliced beef, crispy smoked streaky bacon and tomatoes. The contents were tasty enough; the problem was the churning depression inside the bounces grey cells. I did eat it all but to the accompaniment of Thought-Storms.

I washed the pots, had a wee-wee, washed me, jammies on. 

Whoopsiedangleplop: Incidentally, I put the jammie-bottoms on back to front. Which had the Saccades damper-pad in them, and muggings here just thought he's got the other jammies on that has no pockets in them. I searched for ages for them - finding them eventually, when I sat down on them, thinking I may have had an escapage in the PP's... Tsk!

I got settled in the non-working recliner, put the TV on, but didn't watch anything, a habit, you know? And the Thought-Storms increased, and getting to sleep was impossible for hours. So much to worry about, fear and feel apprehensive about.

When at long last, Sweet Morpheus arrived, it was a few hours of 'Get up for wee-weeing, back down and up again. I've not had such a short sleep, nor so many nocturnal wee-wees for yonks!

Each time I woke, the mind stewed with discontentment, and silly thoughts of a self adiaphorous nature mingled with a certain defeatedness tone as I hobbled the now familiar, few footsteps to the bucket.

I think the extended lockdown, lack of help and frustrations are getting to me. But, Hey-ho:

I'll give it another bash tomorrow,

With hopefully, much less sorrow,

So many things to worry about,

I'm determined, though,

That I can get through without,

That contentment will flow,

Yes, I'll give it a go...

I know, I'll get some bread, sourdough?

From Whoopsidangleplops, I need a furlough,

I hope my dreams are not hollow,

But, you never know!

5 comments:

  1. Whoa. That leak is leakier than you. Now you have to pay double: one for your personal plumbing issues (various levels and forms of wee wees that is) and now for other people's plumbing problems. Doesn't seem fair. It looks like your BP has been creeping up. Decent looking odd meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leak is, mate! I wonder if anyone has thought about all the water leaking under the flats, just might cause the buildings to collapse? At least it'll all be over quickly if it does, Hahaha! Mind you, knowing my luck.
    Th personal leaking started off in a flowing mood today, but has calmed down a bit now, I hope.
    The PPP, I like it, a few bank managers may be worried, though.
    Wait until you read this mornings BP, Tim. Brrrilliant! How and why I don't know, but I did the checks later than usual?
    Hope the office is coming along well, and furries are doing well. Louise is doing well?
    TTFNski Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yer torturers ran yer through innumerable gamuts today, kind Sir! The Old-Age Checks with more boxes to be checked every day. Natters, chin-waggers, and comfort foods work together to help yer through the day.
    Methinks that Sweet Morpheus is adding a few more checkboxes to make yer total sleep a bit shorter. Leakages from the bladder and leakages of hot water. If it is not one thing it is ten or so other unexpected emergencies, innit? I have purchased a brand new red emergency bucket, it is for those times that the porcelain throne is a step or two too far to travel without a dreaded dumpage. Say, it's got a great handle too, top rate quality to get the old job done. If not proper, then close enough to make up for those extra steps!
    TTFNski, kindest gentleman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thot of polishing one note, if I may with permission.

    ...a step or two too far to travel without a dreaded dumpage from the rumpage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Billum: Well worked out andworded analysis of the day there, Sir Billum. Merci.

    Aha, a sensible move on your behalf, Sir; a red emergency bucket! I like it, my grey one can be hard to find in the dark. Hehe! I must consider copying your actions and get a better one that I can cling on to when things get a little hectic and hurried in the evacuations stakes! It is only fellow sufferers who can really understand, innit? Brought a smile, did your commenting, and believe me, it was needed!

    Please to keep safe for you and your HRH. Cheers and best wishes and thanks.

    ReplyDelete