Friday 23 July 2021

Friday 23rd July 2021: Diary, Photographicalisations, and maybe the odd ode, that might be told?

♥ TFZer Showtime Special ♥


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Friday 22nd July 2021 Last night

Caught up with Facebooking, TFZers and Winwood Heights visited. Then a snack that was of an unplanned design...

I'd forgotten about the pod peas in the pan, and when I went to make the late snack, potatoes, beef slices, and garden peas was the plan... The peas were burnt, waterless, dark and well-wrinkled! A bit like... no, never mind that. Hehehe! But hey-ho, they tasted absolutely marvellous, so sweet! 

The beef, after some consideration, I thought best not to eat, as part of my diet plan... No, that's a fib! I'd not turned the heat on when I put it in the saucepan. Humph! 

So, it was potatoes, peas and a pot of naughty-but-nice Strawberry vanilla dessert.

Not been a good day, really, has it? Foods not being available, two tumbles, the computer on death row, running out of medications... Clapnangles!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Friday 23rd July 2021 Beginneth Another Day

05:30hrs: I almost jumped awake, full of panic, and had no idea why? Then fell asleep again.

0620hrs: Bestirred again, but no panic, just a battle to remember that something has to be done today; I felt whatever it was that I could not remember was important. I lay pondering over the problem for a few minutes, then gave up, and dismounted the £300, second-hand, c1968, cringingly-beige-coloured, not-working, rickety, incommodious recliner. 

Wee-wee in the NWWB (Nocturnal-Wee-Wee Bucket), a lot of PMD (Pre-Micturition-Dribbling)  this morning? Thank heavens for the PP's! Got a pro-tem wash. Cleaned the NWWB and off into the kitchenette. After checking around to see if I'd left anything else on or off that shouldn't be, I got the kettle on the boil and the tea bag in the mug.

Got the potatoes in the crockpot... and the summoning t the Porcelain Throne arrived.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Excellent Session

Little effort requires smooth flowing gigantic mini torpedoes scurried into the bowl, plop plop, plop! Not too messy, only a tiny bit of bleeding! A well satisfactory evacuation.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Health Checks Collated

Aha, Gotcha! All BP results were back in the greens.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Computer Booted

The Blue Screen is coming up every time that I open up the computer still.

I just can't get any help with this. Panic mode each time I see it! It's scary, and I get mind-muddled trying to decipher what it means and what to do.

Started on this template. Shortly, the Morning Carer arrived and entered the room... It made me jump a bit. Hehehe! But it was a nice jump when I saw that it was Ilea... or Helen, it might have been Valerie... no, no, I think it was Julie, perhaps? Whatever her name, she was very welcome. Got me sorted out medication wise. ♥

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Alarm Heard?

I could hear a sort of whining alarm going off, and it kept on for a few minutes. I went into Sherlock Holmesian Mode, and I went to investigate.

I could not tell from whence the noise derived from. So I went onto the balcony, to have a listen to try to find its origin - It was fainter out there. Then to the flat's door, opened it and had a harken - Couldn't hear it at all, in the apartment's hallway. No fire alarm was activating? Back in there, it was louder... but what was it? What was causing it? I deduced that I had no idea! Hehe! Into the kitchen, and I could hear it once again, but not as loud as in the computer room?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Computerisationing

After a few minutes of working on this blog, noises emanated from Herbert's apartment above. No doubt where they were coming from... Clunk, thump, thuds, bangs... then it dawned on me (things do that at times, I've noticed that!), Herbert may have been using a drill on one of his steam running charity model-making jobs?

Ah, well, nowt to fret about then!...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Whoopsiedangleplop!

I rose to take the mug and make another brew, and I stubbed my toe against the swivel chair leg arm... New bother to a man of my pain resistance...

Then, smugly in a way, for not having dropped the tea mug, I turned, and Nicodemus's Neurotransmitter went on the rampage for a few seconds - enough for me to have...

The same poor digit that had just been stubbed! 

Ah-well, all part of ageing! Or not?

Gragnangles!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Herbert's Hard At It

Doing an awful lot of drilling today. I'd love to know what it is he is making. But I never see him nowadays to get sneered at, looked down on, or ignored each time we met.

Not that I am saying he is snotty, acts superior, doesn't give a toss about anyone else - or why would he be making models for charities? 

Fair enough, he does come across as being uncommunicative: laconic, taciturn, aloof, even Laodicean at times. But I like him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Electoral Information Demand Letter


Filled it in online.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

CorelDrawing - Graphics Needed Urgently

Managed a couple, and...

The Mobile Phone Chirped

It was hard work listening as the signal kept fading again. Transpires if I want help with shopping, food controlling, and the medication carers it will cost me 'about' £165 a week! Well, I'll jump at that!

Seriously though, Neelah gave me time to think it through for a while.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Then, as with every day...

So, I gave up and got the very late ablutions sorted out. Not a good day today, and it ain't nowhere near over yet awhile!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Off To The Wet Room

Bit of mess that was, too! Peripheral Pete was having a hay-day with his jerks, shakes and loss of balance attacks. I was all over the place... until I got in the shower, and things calmed down! The feet looked fine today.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Got the bath towel washed

Washed, rinsed, refreshed, rung and hung.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Checked the Car Park Progress

It looks like they're putting in new rain drains?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I got On With Pea Podding Duties

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Washed the kitchen gear used

And made a very welcome mug of tea. Made a spring water bottle up, and I drank off the last of the Tango (Wish I'd bought two bottles now), taking some Paracetamols, and...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Warden Deana's head appeared at the Door?

ILC (Independent Living Coordinator), Oberstgruppenfuhreress, Warden and Ballet Dancer, Deana, came in. 

Ahe asked if I was alright - "I said yes, thank you."

"Sarah has phoned me to say you are late for your feet appointment?"

ME: "Oh, that's not until Friday..."

Deana: "It is Friday!"

Me: "Oh, crabs!"

Deana: I'll phone her for you..." Which she did! Bless her cotton socks!

After calling, Deana: "She can still do you, do you if you can get down straight away!

Me: "I will, thank you!

I did feel a fool, again!

As Deana was leaving, I fumbled about; she told me not to hurry too much; you're not looking very steady on your feet! How did she know? Hehe.

I eventually got dressed and into the sleeveless jacket and took the waste bags to the chute room on the way out. Got a lift down and hastened to the Hairdressers in Winwood Court.

I apologised when I arrived. And I waited to be seen too by Sarah (In my dreams, Haha!)

Stung me a few times, cutting the nails, and told me to throw the shoes I was wearing. I think I was in the bad book again! Hehe! The other lady said she would phone me to remind me of the next appointment. I thank you!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Returned To The Flat

Threw the shoes into the waste chute en route. And hobbled barefoot back to the flat.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kettle On, Updating This blog

But progress was inestimably slow. And it was time already for the evening carer to arrive!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Which Cheered me up a Smidge

For it was the same gal as this morning! Her name was, her name was  Eliska, Pamela, Carole, maybe Helena... No, I think it was Jill? Whatever it was, a treat to see her again. She came this morning, so she's had a long day. She soon had me sorted. No wonder she had to rush off. Of course, it may have had something to do with my unintentional micro escapage of wind from the rear end? Deadly it was, I'm afraid. Tsk!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ode To Today's Misery!

I feel like I've been in a brutal fistfight,

At the end of this cruel Friday night,

Troubled with Saccades, terrible eyesight,

Too many errors; it's not fair or right...

_._._._._._

Pre-Micturition-Dribbling, but wee-wees so few?

The Throne session, that was a good one too!

The Health Checks made me feel luck was due,

Computer breaks my heart, a message in blue!

_._._._._._

Mystery noises like an alarm repeated,

I couldn't rest, relax or stay seated,

Stubbing my toe, thrice - I felt defeated,

I dropped the tea mug; my faith depleted!

_._._._._._

Noisy drilling from Herbert - my kryptonite!

Electoral details updated, misery at its height,

Social Services called, and I turned really white,

Proposed charging me £165 a week, well I might...

No, perhaps not, to the bank manager a blight!

I suppose I must be sound moaning & trite? That's right!

_._._._._._

I feel like I'm living life in a blindfold,

No idea where to go or do, not feeling very bold,

Why, on my potatoes today, I saw some mould?

Life is like a dodgy scaffold,

Likey to crumble, to stop you getting old?

Virgin Internet went down, I did pray,

I wished for problems to go away...

T'would be worth more than gold, a  thousandfold!

Then my finger I did scold...

_._._._._._

Worserer, the Chiropodists appointment, I'd forgotten,

This made me feel useless and rotten,

I rushed there, but was not popular then...

I hope they'll let me visit again!

_._._._._._

But I feel, unabsolved,

The Whoopsiedangleplops, continually evolved,

If my memory problems could get resolved...

Then I would be less frampold!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Got This Blog Checked

It getting late now, and with the hassles of the day, there is still much needing  to be caught up on...

Soddit!

I'll get it it checked and posted and catch up on tomorrows somehow.

I'm Fed-Up!

4 comments:

  1. That blue screen is not good. One day your drive is going to fail completely. Computers get old a frail, also. I hate when you don't expect something until Friday and it's Friday. That was quite an ode to misery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dear tis only a matter of time before I disappear from the ether.
      But I'm getting old and frail, too. Humph!
      Not doing well in fighting the darkness, Tim. A bit worried, more down than up.
      Still, on the plus side is... erm...
      I'll get back to you...

      Delete
  2. My son, Alan, agrees with Tim on that error screen. Something apparently is likely to happen, and I would guess that it arrives at an unexpected moment — such as Friday turning into a Friday by some murky process.
    We are just now returned from the dental clinic at a university some 75 miles distant. Ended up in quite a traffic jam (or marmite or something), the wreck was a tractor trailer that had quite demolished against and overpass support. The tractor was a twisted jumble of metal that was, at first, quite unrecognizable. Daunting stuff it were.
    By an odd coincidence, it was also a Friday here. The universe has a way of dropping Fridays hither and thither, does it not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Billum. I'm currently in the worst spell of darkness I've had for years. If anything comes out wrong, forgive me.
      Things are not being coped with.
      Cunning Fridays, nasty Sundays... Tsk!
      A well penned comment that, mate. Jolly spiffingly worded, Sir!
      By gum, the dentist is a long way.
      So glad you were not involved in the pile up. And the dentist was kind?
      Cheers.

      Delete